Gen Chaovalit Appointed As Supreme Commander Of People's Army Of Thailand

webfact

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As with all things, Newtons Law of Motion will come in to play soon, but as this is Thailand there's usually small delay to let the opposing side build up maximum momentum.

I understand Chavalit is generally considered a bit of a buffoon, but is he that incompetent to make a miscalculation on a level like this?

Hitler was considered a buffoon too...

PS. Do you guys think that Thaksin got a fair trial?

I feel sorry for Thailand, BUT, what comes around, goes around...

No, I don't think the trial was fair. One of the judges told the court he was bribed, another judge's son was promised a sweeping carreer move in the diplomatic service, Mr.T's sister personally visited some of the judges after-hours. At-that-time-good-friend Sanoh interfered to replace one of the judges with his family-friend-judge who wasn't allowed and supposed to vote but he did vote in favour of the defendant.

That's why he won 8-7 in his assets concealment trial.

I suppose you meant 'that trial'?

Itd bring down prices. :)

Are you sure about that? I'm not...

What happens in Thailand when there are less tourist in hotels, the rates go up !!!!!

Maybe a few expats may sell cheap when there is the second wave of people having the shits and leave for other Asian countries, but in that case, I doubt you will make much capital gains in the next decade if it goes to Civil war. You dont need civil war as such, just the usual annual pain in the bum to have the self destruction as a stable and reliable tourist destination & biz trading for exporters. . Sad but in my opinion True. So many wonderful Thais will be indirectly effected by these cat and mouse games from both sides for employment. That will = crime as well on the streets as folks need food.

Yellow, Red, Blue, Purple, doesn't mater, silliness is bad for all. Logic says to me, a monitored General Election, but letting the people choose is probably not on the agenda.

Just best to mind my own biz, smile and avoid the hot spots. mei pen rai, next....

Well this rates going up is just temporarily. As well if there is a civil war the Baht will devalue to nothing. That for sure will make everything cheaper. Just what helps you if it is cheap when it is dangerous.

Many of them also harbour massive resentment a third readily identifiable group within Thailand, and that is the Farang/Ex-Pat community and rich looking western tourists...

Under those circumstances we could be held hostage or worse... and would afford the "People's Army" a considerable bargaining chip when dealing with the governments of the western world.

After all, every regional Immigration office holds our addresses on file, and tourist hotels are easily identifiable.

Wow! talk about some overt paranoia! If you really feel that is even a REMOTE possibility then I suggest you get on a plane and land somewhere safe. Fast!

What happens in Thailand when there are less tourist in hotels, the rates go up !!!!!

Maybe a few expats may sell cheap when there is the second wave of people having the shits and leave for other Asian countries, but in that case, I doubt you will make much capital gains in the next decade if it goes to Civil war. You dont need civil war as such, just the usual annual pain in the bum to have the self destruction as a stable and reliable tourist destination & biz trading for exporters. . Sad but in my opinion True. So many wonderful Thais will be indirectly effected by these cat and mouse games from both sides for employment. That will = crime as well on the streets as folks need food.

Yellow, Red, Blue, Purple, doesn't mater, silliness is bad for all. Logic says to me, a monitored General Election, but letting the people choose is probably not on the agenda.

Just best to mind my own biz, smile and avoid the hot spots. mei pen rai, next....

after the airport closed last year you could stay 5star hotel for $80 USD a night.

Hilton Bangkok = $80/night

Hilton Singapore = $400/night

...at that time...

:D:D:D:D:D:D

PS. Do you guys think that Thaksin got a fair trial?

I feel sorry for Thailand, BUT, what comes around, goes around...

No, I don't think the trial was fair. One of the judges told the court he was bribed, another judge's son was promised a sweeping carreer move in the diplomatic service, Mr.T's sister personally visited some of the judges after-hours. At-that-time-good-friend Sanoh interfered to replace one of the judges with his family-friend-judge who wasn't allowed and supposed to vote but he did vote in favour of the defendant.

That's why he won 8-7 in his assets concealment trial.

I suppose you meant 'that trial'?

Could you please document that from ANY credible source?

Well this rates going up is just temporarily. As well if there is a civil war the Baht will devalue to nothing. That for sure will make everything cheaper. Just what helps you if it is cheap when it is dangerous.

Why not become a multi trillionaire then? :D

http://posterous.com/getfile/files.postero...xo2hpX1i9/1.jpg

<deleted>?

What is the "Peoples Army of Thailand".

This has to be a <deleted> story or there is something very nasty brewing here.

They say you can never trust what you read in the internet. This form is becoming less and less trustworthy and what is published here is more and more silly.

All I believe Mr. T and his followers are <deleted>….ked and no more going back to the old ways and they are very disparate and don’t know what to do so they put any sh…t that they can into the internet.

well, well, well....

a band of unruly men and women of some number such as 100 or even 500 thou....

really is not and can not be counted as significant support....

especially it mostly only entails certain geographical location which embraces mostly of the rural areas....

particularly, when the rest of the thais numbered into 60 mil (?)

IF AND WHEN THEY CAN ENTICE UNIV STUDENTS WHO REPRESENT THE FUTURE OF THAILAND

TO JOIN THEM.... THEN I WOULD BE A LITTLE MORE CONCERNED AND NERVOUS.... LOL

the univ students alone will surely outnumber those inconsequential number....

my family and extended family members alone also numbered into several hundred.... lol

well, the judgement day for the run-away convict is approaching rapidly.... LOL

personally, i believe the old general chaw-wa-lit is too smart to be suckered into this sort of manipulation....

but i have been frequently proven dead wrong before....LOL

Edited by nakachalet

The military hasn't fallen for it, but the people from the northeast that are are being pushed to the front lines are falling for it. They think their leaders will be able to protect them. They don't know any better.

They believe Buddha's picture in their car will protect them from everything when driving no matter how recklessly. Seat belt? No have, Buddha protects!

Chavalit denies he will head 'people's army'

BANGKOK: -- Pheu Thai Party chief advisor Chavalit Yongchaiyudh Thursday denied that he would head the so-called people's army.

He said he had announced before re-entering politics that he would try to create reconciliation but setting up a people's army would cause his junior friends in the military to be worried.

"It's impossible for me to become the supreme commander of such army because my brother, Gen Songkitti Jakkrabatra who is the supreme commander, will feel uneasy," Chavalit said.

The establishment of the people's army was announced by Pallop Pinmanee, a Pheu Thai Party member. Pallop said former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra decided to set up the people's army with Chavailt being its supreme commander.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-04

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

<deleted>?

This is simply "High Treason" punishable by facing a firing squad. Naturally all the leaders involved

are responsible and have to bear the consequences. Thai way ?

posttenebraslux

Curiouser and curiouser... :)

We all know that Wikipedia is not authoritative, nor who wrote this contribution...

General Pallop Pinmanee (Thai: พัลลภ ปิ่นมณี) (born 25 May 1936) is a controversial retired Thai Army general who took part in several coups, ordered the massacre of insurgents at Krue Sae Mosque and allegedly played a role in the attempted car bomb assassination of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. After the a 2006 military coup overthrew Thaksin, the military junta appointed Pallop the public relations adviser to the Internal Security Operations Command of Thailand.

More psyops Gunn and Fames?

<deleted>?

This is simply "High Treason" punishable by facing a firing squad. Naturally all the leaders involved

are responsible and have to bear the consequences. Thai way ?

posttenebraslux

In civilized countries there is no firing squad. But they should get a mental check and either been locked in a hospital specialized on mental abnormal criminals or locked in jail.

When reading everything, it seems Thaksin has some serious mental problems or he takes drugs (people on cocaine act similar).

One day whining how unfair everything is and how loyal he to Thailand and the Monarchy is.

Next day....peoples uprising, he will lead the peoples army victorious from Isaan to Bangkok....

That does not sound complete healthy.

In the last months the economically has a recovered a little step by step however this hickhack will definitely bring the country to its knees once again.

Well I think no one cares much about that blabla. But if there is some day long shooting it will have a big impact on tourists.

Taking some foreigners at hostage would do the trick very well to bring the economy down.......

On the positive side - Thailand does seem overpopulated. So perhaps the fact that certain elements in Thai society seem obsessed with pushing the country into a bloody civil war - it will at least have some positive outcome.

Killing the male population will not reduce the population. Usually this will result in a baby boom as it did in WW2!

On the positive side - Thailand does seem overpopulated. So perhaps the fact that certain elements in Thai society seem obsessed with pushing the country into a bloody civil war - it will at least have some positive outcome.

Killing the male population will not reduce the population. Usually this will result in a baby boom as it did in WW2!

But if you kill the female population the old male tourists won't come anymore.

If the numbers are increased with relatively untrained civilians, it will be a sad day for Thailand, but hopefully they will be contained with minimal casualties.

If Thaksin decided to do a march into Thailand, he would be stopped at, or close to the border, and it would be finished. He will only sneak in once he sees that things are completely in his favour, and then miraculously appear to lead them to greatness.

Probably somewhat true. If Thaksin was a true patriot and fervent promoter of democracy, he could do the long march and even the army couldn't stop him without mass civilian casualties. That would bring the same kind of sanctions as Burma has from the international community. Sufficiency wouldn't be a novel economic theory to play with, it would be a necessity.

But his personal qualities and his motivation for doing this would keep him sidelined until victory was assured.

If this is going where I think it might go, I just hope that the confrontation doesn't take place in Bangkok, or any populated area. Let the boys play war somewhere that won't injure civilians.

Meridian, you're just as guilty of formenting the troubles as any Thai elite. Look at your statement "hope...doesn't take place in Bangkok, or any populated area." The Mango-centric attitude is a big part of the problem. Maybe a little short course in geography and demographics would do you some good. Here goes:

Just outside of Bangkok (and Pattaya and Phuket) there is a place called Thailand, where the majority of the nation's 65+ million people live. And a little history lesson and reality check. In civil war, your actions are only deemed treasonous or seditious if you lose.

The government (Abhisit and Suthep) is irrelevant to these events. This is now between the army and its backers, and Thaksin.

Neither of those two sides, nor the government for that matter, want to face a real people's army clamoring for democracy.

If the numbers are increased with relatively untrained civilians, it will be a sad day for Thailand, but hopefully they will be contained with minimal casualties.

If Thaksin decided to do a march into Thailand, he would be stopped at, or close to the border, and it would be finished. He will only sneak in once he sees that things are completely in his favour, and then miraculously appear to lead them to greatness.

Probably somewhat true. If Thaksin was a true patriot and fervent promoter of democracy, he could do the long march and even the army couldn't stop him without mass civilian casualties. That would bring the same kind of sanctions as Burma has from the international community. Sufficiency wouldn't be a novel economic theory to play with, it would be a necessity.

But his personal qualities and his motivation for doing this would keep him sidelined until victory was assured.

If this is going where I think it might go, I just hope that the confrontation doesn't take place in Bangkok, or any populated area. Let the boys play war somewhere that won't injure civilians.

Meridian, you're just as guilty of formenting the troubles as any Thai elite. Look at your statement "hope...doesn't take place in Bangkok, or any populated area." The Mango-centric attitude is a big part of the problem. Maybe a little short course in geography and demographics would do you some good. Here goes:

Just outside of Bangkok (and Pattaya and Phuket) there is a place called Thailand, where the majority of the nation's 65+ million people live. And a little history lesson and reality check. In civil war, your actions are only deemed treasonous or seditious if you lose.

The government (Abhisit and Suthep) is irrelevant to these events. This is now between the army and its backers, and Thaksin.

Neither of those two sides, nor the government for that matter, want to face a real people's army clamoring for democracy.

yes but the problem is that non of thaksin supporters would like to do a long march. They were taken per bus to the demonstrations, brought back, than they get their 500 Baht.

Sure there real Thaksin lovers but I doubt there are more than 2000 who would march somewhere and from these half would be afraid for their life or their job. With the remaining 1000 people you can't win anything.

Nobody is ready to die for Thaksin.

When reading everything, it seems Thaksin has some serious mental problems or he takes drugs (people on cocaine act similar).

One day whining how unfair everything is and how loyal he to Thailand and the Monarchy is.

Next day....peoples uprising, he will lead the peoples army victorious from Isaan to Bangkok....

That does not sound complete healthy.

He does show definite signs of delusion and mental instability. Whether it is organic, drug induced, or just being fed BS by his cronies here - the ones who just visited him in Dubai. They have a lot to lose by telling him its a lost cause. He's funding them. What if he was told "if you build it (an army) they will come" by his pals? They would have left Dubai with a nice wad of cash for the undertaking. They're just getting it while they can. They could have said his old buddy Chavalit would sign on and lead the people into Bangkok. Hey, its getting so crazy anything is possible.

Edited by Netfan

Dear me, there's some serious paranoia going on here.

Let's look at what we know (or are told). General Chavalit may or may not be commander of the non- existant peoples army, and err that's it.

Yet people are imagining being rounded up by this non-existant force, because immigration know where we all live. :D We then supposedly will be held hostage, for no conceivable reason that I can see. Yet people criticise the Thai folks for having Buddha amulets in their cars. :)

I think some people on here have missed their afternoon nap, and are cranky as a result. I really can't think of any other explanation for some of the utter codswallop that has been posted on here today.

Dear me, there's some serious paranoia going on here.

Let's look at what we know (or are told). General Chavalit may or may not be commander of the non- existant peoples army, and err that's it.

Yet people are imagining being rounded up by this non-existant force, because immigration know where we all live. :D We then supposedly will be held hostage, for no conceivable reason that I can see. Yet people criticise the Thai folks for having Buddha amulets in their cars. :)

I think some people on here have missed their afternoon nap, and are cranky as a result. I really can't think of any other explanation for some of the utter codswallop that has been posted on here today.

Well said!

As a very interested outsider it is very difficult to form any opinion of what is true or not in the political intrigue of Thailand.

I personally cannot believe that Thaksin would do something which again in my humble opinion as an English Criminal Lawyer (Solicitor) would amount to treason.

Forming an army called people's or not has to be seen as an act of treason.

I cannot see that he would take such a step as he requires the support of the masses and has always been careful to cultivate that.

As with all things, Newtons Law of Motion will come in to play soon, but as this is Thailand there's usually small delay to let the opposing side build up maximum momentum.

I understand Chavalit is generally considered a bit of a buffoon, but is he that incompetent to make a miscalculation on a level like this?

I have heard that Thailand is often believed to be on a different planet, but I didn't know that even gravity was different here.

good one :)

yes but the problem is that non of thaksin supporters would like to do a long march. They were taken per bus to the demonstrations, brought back, than they get their 500 Baht.

So I guess you've bought the Suthep line that these are all bought and paid for supporters. A rather naive view. Why don't you take a drive around in Isaan...off of highway 2. If the number of larger than life-size pictures are any indication, you will be hard-pressed to believe that Thaksin isn't the current PM. I did it at New Years. Zero pictures of Abhisit anywhere. Zero pictures of Prem anywhere. In 7 provinces, I counted about 5 or 6 pictures of Newin.

You underestimate the man's popularity at your own risk. Certainly the army and the government, with their overblown reactions to every rumor, don't. Those "uneducated farmers" are smart enough to realize that all the elites, hi-so's, and politicians are a bunch of greedy liars. But they're sticking with the first and only one to ever give them a slice of the pie, no matter how miniscule.