Fishing In Phuket And Surrounding Areas

Marksamui

Ok I know about the Phuket Fishing Park.

I know about Par Lai lake at the zoo? Is this open or closed?

I heard a rumor about a lake at Kathu is there one?

In the surrounding areas you can go to Gillmans in Krabi, is there any closer just north of the Island??

Appreciate any names and locations that people can suggest.....

(and please save the google is your friend comments because:

a. I have looked a lot and found many sites no up to date with information, and

b. I don't expect all fishing lakes to have a website (and resturant, swimming pool and bungalows) just looking for all not necessary the Pay and Play fish farm types)

Many Thanks

Edited by Marksamui

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Chew Lan (Kao Sok) is not far from Krabi, Surat or Phuket and, although not cheap to visit, is a good experience and good fishing (Chado, Krasoob luring). Other than that there are a few small lakes I know of between Krabi and Surat but not easy to find and of unknown potential. To the south (border Nakon and Pattalung) there is a decent sized lake supposed to hold Chado too. Most, if not all, of these lakes you will need a boat to really make it worthwhile to fish there.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a lake near the heroines monument which holds striped catfish, pacu, small siamese carp (maybe 20lb), mekongs (80lb) amazon red-tails, rohu, walking catfish, featehrback and some arapaima (5000 baht to fish for arapaima).

It seems to be getting really expensive to fish there now, I had lunch and fished 3/4 of the day hiring one rod and using one of my own and they charged me 2800 baht :)

Wasn't happy as I have fished there many times before and had lunch and dinner and payed half that.