Taxes & Transfer Fees

I know at the moment their is a promotion which makes these fees 0.01% until March 28th but has there been any news if they are going to extend this promotion, or if not what percentage the fees are going to go back to. I'm gonna miss it by 2 months which is unfortunate.

Thanks in advance

My understanding is that the 0.01% applies to new properties only.

Can other members please share their experiences / knowledge on this.

Thanks.

the lower rates apply to second hand sales too....but you had better hurry, the discount is scheduled to end at the end of March.....(its not certain yet if the govt will extend the tax holiday)......

Read the forum. Plenty of information can be found.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Costs-Involv...se-t332969.html

Thanks for the link but I have already read that thread ..... and it doesn't answer my question. I know how much I have to pay on my new house. I just want to know if anyone knows about the Governments plans on what is going to happen after March 28th. My house will not be finished until May so I won't be in the time range.

I was wondering if it has been announced yet by the Government if they are going to extend the tax concession another year or are they going to remove it, if they are going to stop the concession have they announced at what rate is it going to go back to ?!?

Sorry, no news. Last year they did extend the discounts but it was implemeted bit late so some paid full SBT. However the sellers were able to claim it back after the discount extension was implemented. But if you are buying then you pay the full rate unless it is extended and royal degree is out before you transfer.

So in worst case you could end up paying 2% transfer fees and 3.3% SBT...

Read the forum. Plenty of information can be found.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Costs-Involv...se-t332969.html

Thanks for the link but I have already read that thread ..... and it doesn't answer my question. I know how much I have to pay on my new house. I just want to know if anyone knows about the Governments plans on what is going to happen after March 28th. My house will not be finished until May so I won't be in the time range.

I was wondering if it has been announced yet by the Government if they are going to extend the tax concession another year or are they going to remove it, if they are going to stop the concession have they announced at what rate is it going to go back to ?!?

Government just announced last week its time to cut back on tax breakes and stimulus to normalize economy. Water and minimum use electric is being charged again.

Thai baht is flying high, and removing stimulus is one way to slow baht down.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just about to put down a deposit on a commercial town house, and it's squeaky bum time with regards to this tax deadline.

Anyone know why it ends on the 28th (which is a Sunday). Does this mean that the land department would be operational on the weekend, or does this actually mean it ends on the 26th (if so why didn't they just say it ends on the 26th?)?

Most banks we've talked to require 20 business days to put the financing together; so before 28th and i pay something like 700Baht in tax. After it's something like 220,000...Tomorrow being a bank holiday doesn't help.