New Modem Can't Connect - Dlink Dsl2640t

la69

Greetings!

I decided to upgrade my old and somewhat erratic modem with a new one and got the Dlink Dsl 2640t. I am unable to set it up though.

I have tried both using the cd that came with it and trying to set up it from the browser:

Isp is 3bb indy plus 8/1. I get out around 3.1/1 with the old modem.

I live in Cha am area, near Bangkao.

Im using a splitter as well.

Upon initial startup, status lights go blinking which it should.

After a while the ADSL light go blinking as well, which it should. However, it is my understanding it should switch to steady light when having negotiated a valid link. This it doesn't. Instead it turns off.

When I use the CD setup wizard it doesn't find a pppoe connection having tried for a couple of minutes.

When using setup guide from inside browser login modem restarts as it should but fails to get a connection.

The old modem still functions.

I checked the settings in both new and old modem and they seem to correspond but obviously they doesn't. So does anyone have some suggestions as to what I am missing out on here? It's driving me nuts (well, not only this. A combo of suddenly not being able to reach my old vpns in Sweden and this is :)

Vpi/Vci are the same 0/33

Encapsulation same.

Protocol same

Upnp might not be same. Not sure I need it all though or do I?

Modulation was set to same on both modems.

I just dont get it =)

Cheers

Hope you entered the correct user/password. The connection type should be PPPoE LLC (in the wizard below the user/password). The rest is the same at my 2640T and I have 3bb too.

What does your modem show for the connection status? STATUS -> ADSL. Any speed there? Does the log say anything (at the same page)?

Edited by Beggar

Cheers for the reply.

Yes, username and password is correct.

Connection type is PPPoE with encapsulation LLC.

The connection status is however "Disconnected". The option connect doesn't help as well. I am guessing there are more settings to this than the normal ones but so far it beats me.

Ill check the log tonight though. Perhaps that could give a clue as to what it could be.

Hope you entered the correct user/password. The connection type should be PPPoE LLC (in the wizard below the user/password). The rest is the same at my 2640T and I have 3bb too.

What does your modem show for the connection status? STATUS -> ADSL. Any speed there? Does the log say anything (at the same page)?