Applying For Thai Passport For My Child - Where?

Hello,

I'm an American who is living in Krabi with my 3-year-old son. He is a US citizen with a US Passport. His Mom is Thai so he is also a Thai citizien (born in Thailand). I'm going to bring him to the US in a few months, and I want to get his Thai Passport as well before we leave.

I have heard that I can apply for a Thai Passport for him OUTSIDE of Bangkok, but I'm not sure where. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs' website hints that applying outside of Bangkok is possible, but they do not give names or locations of any offices outside of Bangkok.

I have heard I can go to Surattanee, but I am not certain.

Any ideas where I can apply for a Thai Passport for my son OUTSIDE of Bangkok? Is there a Ministry of Foreign Affairs office in Surattanee? Hopefully there is an option somewhere down in the South, would hate to bring all three of us back to Bangkok (again).

Thanks much,

Scott

Hi,

Yes you can obtain a Thai passport in Surat Thani. The office is on the main street, if you pass the Diamond Plaza Hotel on your left then it's just down the road on your left before the tennis courts.

My wife and I went to get her replacement passport a couple of weeks ago, they do all the process then EMS this to your home address in 3 days.

You dont need an appointment just take a number and wait your turn, we were all done and out of there in half an hour.

Make sure you take all the relevent documents with you ie. Birth & marriage certificates, both parents passports / ID cards and the blue book (house paper) usual paperwork needed for a new passport application, it may be worth finding the number just to check exactly what you need.

• 2 weeks later...