Touch Up Paint For A Mazda Bt50

geoffphuket

• 2 weeks later...
mazda aftermarket isnt great

its made at same plant as ford ranger, so try a ford dealer

I tried a Ford dealer and got the same response - "Sorry no have" :)

If a simple thing like paint isn't available, I'll certainly not buy Mazda - or Ford again!

you are not alone

marketshares

toyota 41%

izu 39%

nissan 8%

mitsu like 5%?

ford 3%

mazda 2%

tata couple hundred units

try supercheap in phuket, could have your color on spray or tin

mazda aftermarket isnt great

its made at same plant as ford ranger, so try a ford dealer

I tried a Ford dealer and got the same response - "Sorry no have" :D

If a simple thing like paint isn't available, I'll certainly not buy Mazda - or Ford again!

you are not alone

marketshares

toyota 41%

izu 39%

nissan 8%

mitsu like 5%?

ford 3%

mazda 2%

tata couple hundred units

try supercheap in phuket, could have your color on spray or tin

Supercheap was one of the first places I tried, and "yes" they do sell touch up pens - black, silver or white, suitable for all makes and models, ha ha ha :)

geoffphuket re- your problem with trying to get a 37Y touch up pen in Thailand you have to understand the Thais attitude to scratches/dents - 1/ Don't care so left to rust 2/ Do care so vehicle put into paintshop they don't touch up scratches so your dealer is not going to stock an item they won't ever sell apart from 1 to the odd falang every 5 years or so maybe, i would not think any Thai manufacturers have touch up pens and if they do your going to restrict any future vehicle puchases severely, perhaps to something unsuitable :) . So it's back to getting the colour made up at one of the many small auto paint supplies shops that are about but perhaps would go unoticed unless you sprayed vehicles i don't know Phuket so can't help there but start by asking in the local car accessory shops(not Big C) they must know where they are and when you've found one take the fuel flap off the BT50 give it to them and depending how busy they are in a short time they will have mixed your colour, you should be able to get 1/2 litre made maybe about 400baht and you will need a artists brush and some thinners to clean it or thin the paint. Whoever you find they may use a mixing system or not, just using their eyes for the match for a small amount.