Live In Thailand For 6 Months

counrikke

Hi there,

this post may seem a bit vague, but I'll explain what I can.

I plan to come to thailand on tourist visa's for 6 months.

Will I be able to rent a condo based on that?

and, what how much do you recommend I need to survive for 6 months in say, Chiang Mai, where things are slightly on the cheaper scale?

Thankyou. If you have any questions that may be needed in help in helping me out, just ask.

also, I'm not really a big eater/fussy eater and like thai food.

Thanks

you need to extend for a month your 2 tourist visas (cosy 1900baht at the emmigration office). Before the first extesion ends, you have to leave the country and come back on the second visa.

renting on any visa is not a problem, basic appartment 5k, food 10k, transport/communication/travelling another 5-10k month

so about 20-25k a month is recommended?

---------------------------------------------------

Dont fall for that, It is not correct at all. I cant imagine that you come down here to Thailand for 6 months..

"stay away from the ladies" what???? and settle for 20-25.000 baht a month incl. food and room.

What kind of a trip is that????

You come to Thailand and do NOTHING here.....

I live in Chaiyaphum and THAT is MUCH cheaper than Chiang Mai, I can tell you. And here it will be a rather boaring stay

if i live like that.

But OK maybe I am taking this too far??? You maybe enjoy sitting in your room in Chiang Mai doing nothing.

Glegolo

ps. count with 30-35.000 baht and you can relax a bit too.

dsme

so about 20-25k a month is recommended?

---------------------------------------------------

Dont fall for that, It is not correct at all. I cant imagine that you come down here to Thailand for 6 months..

"stay away from the ladies" what???? and settle for 20-25.000 baht a month incl. food and room.

What kind of a trip is that????

You come to Thailand and do NOTHING here.....

I live in Chaiyaphum and THAT is MUCH cheaper than Chiang Mai, I can tell you. And here it will be a rather boaring stay

if i live like that.

But OK maybe I am taking this too far??? You maybe enjoy sitting in your room in Chiang Mai doing nothing.

Glegolo

ps. count with 30-35.000 baht and you can relax a bit too.

dsme

Agree witht the above post your on holiday so you don't want to be cooped up in your condo all day long - come for 4 months and spend 35,000 a month would be better :)

When I was here 4 months last year I averaged 60.000 bth a month incl hotels, rental cars etc. But I do not drink. Now I live here so things are different, I don't go out much.

As was asked, why do you come for six months? What is your purpose? I supposes your plan is to do more than stay in a condo all the time even if you say you are not interested in ladies? :)

When I was here 4 months last year I averaged 60.000 bth a month incl hotels, rental cars etc. But I do not drink. Now I live here so things are different, I don't go out much.

As was asked, why do you come for six months? What is your purpose? I supposes your plan is to do more than stay in a condo all the time even if you say you are not interested in ladies? :)

Sorry, I hope to secure a Job Working as an OPC.

I figure it may take up to 6 months to secure such a position :D

Sorry, I hope to secure a Job Working as an OPC.

I figure it may take up to 6 months to secure such a position :D

What's an OPC?

Doing a google seach I get Optical Plankton Counter or oligomeric proanthocyanidin, maybe an Off Premise Contact ?

100k a month for 6 months. Have a good time, do what you want to do and have something to remember. Double that for a really good time. Less than 100k a month is not going to give you a 6 month vacation, it will be like existing.

See post #5. 50,000 per month should do it.

I could possibly spend 6 months in Chiang Mai.

Many times I have stayed weeks at a time.

Spicy Thai Backpackers charge around 300 Baht a nite.

Check out their website, great place to relax and meet people.

Train to BKK sleeper is cheap for a side trip, or even getting there.

Chiang Mai has lots to do.

Spicy Thai puts on cheap trips to nearby attractions, usually 100 baht donation..

I'll be back wif me missus later this year.

Should be well within your budget.

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't plan to travel much, 15,000 baht per month is enough to live in Bangkok. Been there, done that. Living in any other city/town there should be even cheaper.

But of course it's up to your lifestyle. If you want to live in a fancy place and eat in a fancy restaurant everyday then that adds up to the cost. And if you travel then it depends very much on the accommodation you choose, etc.

When I stay for 55 days, I average about 50 USD a day = 1500 USD a month = 45,000 baht +. That includes a decent hotel in Pattaya, a trip to Bangkok, a side trip to Sukhothai etc. Eat out, enjoy the street food, get sushi now and then, ribs at Tequila reef. Nothing elaborate, but I definitely don't just sit in my room. Nightlife a few times a week. I am a light drinker. Take a lot of joy in the beach, the pool, the Wat Thais, Nong Nooch, etc. Spend some time on the internet, play some pool, catch up on the Football matches. Foot massage or oil massage a few times a week for sure.

When I stay for 55 days, I average about 50 USD a day = 1500 USD a month = 45,000 baht +. That includes a decent hotel in Pattaya, a trip to Bangkok, a side trip to Sukhothai etc. Eat out, enjoy the street food, get sushi now and then, ribs at Tequila reef. Nothing elaborate, but I definitely don't just sit in my room. Nightlife a few times a week. I am a light drinker. Take a lot of joy in the beach, the pool, the Wat Thais, Nong Nooch, etc. Spend some time on the internet, play some pool, catch up on the Football matches. Foot massage or oil massage a few times a week for sure.

Its really hard to say how much is enough. It depends on how cheap you are. 6 month is a long time, you should have some reserve.

Everything depends on where, how you stay in Thailand.

50000 Baht is alright. Go for that.

Have you been thinking about open-ticket so you can go back hom when the money is finsihed?

post-84105-1267911159_thumb.jpg