Global Warming To Hit Thailand's Rice Production

george

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my culture, it is an obligation to protect the environment and think about future generations. I like and agree with what you are saying RPCVguy. You are presenting the scientific evidence that should be obvious by now to any thinking person: climate change is real and caused by humans.

Your attempt to "talk" with some posters here who obviously have no clue about the subject is interesting and made me think of a quote by a famous Native American Indian:

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know each other. If you do not talk to them you will not know them andwhat you do not know, you will fear. What one fears, one destroys."

---Chief Dan George

That is good advice by Chief Dan George, but I know, from experience, it is almost impossible to talk to a buffalo.

Good luck talking to human animals whistling.gif

In my culture, it is an obligation to protect the environment and think about future generations. I like and agree with what you are saying RPCVguy. You are presenting the scientific evidence that should be obvious by now to any thinking person: climate change is real and caused by humans.

Your attempt to "talk" with some posters ...

Those who like to post here may (or may not) know the difference between weather fluctuations and climatic ones. While weather refers to short term events in a particular place, it is the long term climatic trends as observed globally which are so ominous. The graphic attached for Jan-Oct 2010 shows a distinct abundance of red dots over blue (warming over cooling) but it is just one sample of the data available at http://www.ncdc.noaa...r=2010&month=10 I try to answer respectfully, though I know some just enjoy pulling another's chain.

Meanwhile, to your analogy, there are often other animals in the forest. Perhaps a wolf or an eagle such as implied by your name here. Ultimately the events will unfold and wisdom will be clear to understand.

post-68308-0-66928400-1292115816_thumb.g

A most incredible movie, viewable on YouTube tells the story of the planet, our "HOME"

To view it in English, go to http://www.youtube.c...feature=channel

Though once there one can find links to versions in other languages as well.

If a picture tells a thousand words, the stunning photography of this video will be an entire education.