Nationality Of Child Born In Thailand.

Have  a  look  at  this, it  relates  to  Canada  but  i  would  think  the  UK  is  the  same    http://www.thaicongenvancouver.org/Citizenship.htm

Thanks for that.

Can anyone confirm if our baby is born in the UK, he/she will have dual citizenship? We would like this for the child.

The plan is to have our baby in Thailand BUT most of the healthcare we will need is free in the UK (I knew there was a reason for all that tax and national insurance I paid).

Above is corrcet my son born Thailand register the birth at the embassy as your son with a copt of the Thai birth cert and they will give him a UK birth cert has both Thai and Uk passport he can chose what and were he wants to be - remember to get the child a Thai Id card when the time comes.

Above is corrcet my son born Thailand  register the birth at the embassy as your son with a copt of the Thai birth cert and they will give him a  UK birth cert has both Thai and Uk passport he can chose what and were he wants to be - remember to get the child a Thai Id card when the time comes.

I have a strong recollection that, while some countries (the UK included) allow dual nationality, Thailand requires that adults (over 18) relinguish their other nationalities in order to get a Thai passport or id card. As a practical matter, it may be possible to have both a Thai and UK passport, but I think (for adults) this is against Thai law.

In the past, I had a discussion with someone of Indian descent born in Thailand. He had switched nationalities several times, depending on what was most convenient at the time for business reasons.