Burapa Pattaya Bike Week

aroy

They start from the stadium about 2:30p.m. (this time varies) ride down Sukhumvit down North Pattaya Road up the Beach Front continue down Walking Street and the back out to the stadium. Not sure of there route after walking street.

Thanks so much for a quick reply :) Looking forward to seeing them ride through town.

They start from the stadium about 2:30p.m. (this time varies) ride down Sukhumvit down North Pattaya Road up the Beach Front continue down Walking Street and the back out to the stadium. Not sure of there route after walking street.

What day?

Next Saturday .

After Walking St they usually go up pattaya hill and on through Jomtien Beach road and then back to the Stadium ..

Sadly enough, never been to this event before. Thinking about going on Saturday after the bike ride is over.

What would be a good time to show up? Considering the bike run seems to starts around 2:30pm.

Sadly enough, never been to this event before. Thinking about going on Saturday after the bike ride is over.

What would be a good time to show up? Considering the bike run seems to starts around 2:30pm.

If your going for the daytime only get there at about 3 - 330pm whilst the ride is on or get there earlier before it leaves, after them you will get caught up in the traffic, at night its normally grid lock trying to get in.

:)

Edited by Blues Factory

If your going for the daytime only get there at about 3 - 330pm whilst the ride is on or get there earlier before it leaves, after them you will get caught up in the traffic, at night its normally grid lock trying to get in.

:D

Sounds like a good idea. Will show up around 3pm then. Thanks! :)

Spoke to one of the organizers today, the Blues band Prodigal sons will play at about 8pm, not sure who else is on but the Pink Floyd tribute band will be on at 10pm.

Lam and the Thai bands will play saturday.

We had a warm up biker night in The Blues Factory last night which had a superb turnout, Prodigal Sons also did a couple of numbers on stage.

Off tonight to the official warm up party in Jomtien then Hard Rock tomorrow at 5pm.

Concert starts tonight at the big field down Chaiyapreuk2 in Jomtien. Come early to enjoy the food carts, beer tents, and the great feeling. I'm guessing the first band is on at 20:00 but given the traffic, I would recommend leaving your home around 6pm. Entrance is free and I always have a great time. Although I love it loud, ear plugs wouldn't be a bad idea.

Just returned from day 1. Maybe it's due to poor eyesight but I saw no signage on the highway indicating where to turn or at least the logo of the festival. I had been last year so I knew exactly where the field was located. At 8pm there were very few people going into the site and parking was not a problem. Could this be because tonight was an English lineup (band from Norway and a Pink Floyd tribute), poor marketing, or because it's the first day? Either way, the field was bare whereas last year, you could barely move. I'm guessing Saturday will be the big night with Thai bands and Lam Morrison.

The massive Harley Davidson tent is back but this year blasting their own music on loudspeakers. So if you are near their tent, do not expect to hear the stage music (which is very loud already). One nice change was that the clothing vendors are on the inner ring around the stage while the food vendors are on the outer. This made for more comfortable dining than last year where everyone was cramped together.

Toilets? Did not see any whatsoever. Oh there were 2 portables behind the Harley tent but wait...for employees only and there were padlocks. I think there are toilets in the large indoor stadium nearby. No signage so no way to know. I also had no idea of what the band lineup were to be. Pattaya admin do this for other fests but none at Burapha.

Charity: There were t shirts being auctioned off. One biker from the Nomad club bid 3000 baht. He looked pretty scary but then made a touching speech about how important the charity work is for the club.

Parking lot action. Well it's not only a place to show off your bike. Loads of people had all the fancy cars with their speakers and sub woofers proudly displayed. Sexy girls danced wearing very little on the roofs of the cars. So if that's your thing, don't forget the parking lot. Unfortunately, there were a few there to spoil it all by doing "donuts" with their cars and causing loads of smelly smoke.

Everyone was well behaved and having fun. Some interesting outfits on both genders. Do not miss Saturday night's fun which will feature more Thai bands and Lam Morrison which will bring in the masses. Last year, you could barely move on the field.

Last but not least: For 20 baht, you can throw 3 basketballs at a plate and if you hit the bulls-eye, a young girl gets dropped into water. I think the plates are rigged because some of the guys hurling the basketballs were World Wrestling Federation contenders.

See you tomorrow.

We went there at 10pm to see New Machine, the Pink Floyd "tribute band". They came on at 11.30pm and played for 1.5 hour. I'm not normally fond of live music, preferring the original on a good stereo, but I must say this is one excellent band, they hit the original sound right on, voices were a bit off but I think that was probably more due to the Somchai who managed the mixer. Anyway, very enjoyable. A pity there were so few people but made it easier for us to get a great place to sit in front of the scene.

Whats the name of the band that played after Lam jam saturday nite? Good stuff.

Few photos from last night. The place ws jumping. The music was excellent. lam was in great form!!

BTW: the were portaloos everywhere. There is also a permanent toilet block there as well.

Whats the name of the band that played after Lam jam saturday nite? Good stuff.
Few photos from last night. The place ws jumping. The music was excellent. lam was in great form!!

BTW: the were portaloos everywhere. There is also a permanent toilet block there as well.

Micro.

A good weekend overall I thought, wasn't massively impressed music wise too be honest although I missed the Pink Floyd band as they came on late.

Lams session was OK although the soundman needed waking up as the bass players vocal mic was off for his first 2 songs.

Great to see it growing every year.