Where To Buy Easy Pass Card?

sunny747

HI, since i have to drive every day through highway so easypass could be really helpful to avoid the long queue in the morning.

does anybody know where to purchase and how much does it cost? is there any promotion or is it more expensive than the usual rate?

thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Can someone please tell me how to obtain "Easy Pass"..

- Cost? any savings on using this method?

- Validity of the card?

- Refill options?

- Where to get it? Processing Time? Is it quick? 24 hours can apply?

- Document requirements?

- All highway..

I currently drive along Route 7.. Bangkok - Chonburi / Rama 9 Upper Expressway.. and Bang Na Trad... Can use on both expressways?

Can someone please advise... This will be useful for the English Community... Thanks.

I can't find this information anywhere.

Coming from Rangsit, right after the Ding Daeng Toll Gate is a little office on the left side. Make sure to use the outer left booth to pay your toll, or you might dont make it to the office.

Cost is THB1,000 which includes a THB 500 deposit. You get your card within 5-10 minutes. You need a copy of your wife's ID ( they wanted a Thai Citizen #'s)

You can charge the card at a regular toll booth or by visiting any of their offices.

http://www.thaieasypass.com/etcsite/index.php?lang=en

Edited by asia_pilot

You should be able to pick one up at the larger toll booths around town (after you pay your toll, there is the highway police building on the left, they have them in there).

I was told last week that I had to wait until the 17th, and haven't had the time to pick one up yet. Toll-booth operator says it takes 10 mins - fill out some forms, pay and get your pass. I don't know about the ID requirement but I'll ask when I go in there.

I think the system is a bit slow as the vehicle has to come to almost a complete stop anyway but it's a start and better than nothing...

I had some problems with the old highway tag as it couldn't be scanned through my windshield at the time (E38 7-Series). Also, IIRC member corkscrew had problems with his S-Class windshield. Dunno if these readers/scanners/passes are better, but I hope so - as on of my current cars has a windscreen with tons of tiny defrosters embedded into it, which may/may not be a problem - I guess I'll have to find out but if I have to end up waving my EasyPass out the window like I did with my old highway tag, well that's just a pain in the ass!

• 4 weeks later...

You should be able to pick one up at the larger toll booths around town (after you pay your toll, there is the highway police building on the left, they have them in there).

I was told last week that I had to wait until the 17th, and haven't had the time to pick one up yet. Toll-booth operator says it takes 10 mins - fill out some forms, pay and get your pass. I don't know about the ID requirement but I'll ask when I go in there.

Just wondering (if you see this) whether you were required to have a Thai ID to buy an Easy Pass. I haven't gotten around to going out an buying one yet.

Looks like you can now buy them at Kasikorn Bank branches as well:

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/AboutUs/CompanyNews/Pages/news201009_964A83A6.aspx

Just wondering (if you see this) whether you were required to have a Thai ID to buy an Easy Pass. I haven't gotten around to going out an buying one yet.

http://www.kasikornbank.com/EN/AboutUs/CompanyNews/Pages/news201009_964A83A6.aspx

you just need the passport copy....they won't photocopy for you.......you also need the bluebook and a form to fill up..problem for me was to fill the car registration number as there was some thai alphabet...anyway, i asked the lady next to me ......

i bought my one at rama 2 high way. they have a nice drive way and plenty of place to park...the office is very small though.

you just need the passport copy....they won't photocopy for you.......you also need the bluebook and a form to fill up..problem for me was to fill the car registration number as there was some thai alphabet...anyway, i asked the lady next to me ......

i bought my one at rama 2 high way. they have a nice drive way and plenty of place to park...the office is very small though.

Many thanks for your post...you just saved me an extra trip to the expressway office, as I never would have thought to take a photocopy of my passport as well as my car registration book!

I had some problems with the old highway tag as it couldn't be scanned through my windshield at the time (E38 7-Series). Also, IIRC member corkscrew had problems with his S-Class windshield. Dunno if these readers/scanners/passes are better, but I hope so - as on of my current cars has a windscreen with tons of tiny defrosters embedded into it, which may/may not be a problem - I guess I'll have to find out but if I have to end up waving my EasyPass out the window like I did with my old highway tag, well that's just a pain in the ass!

This system won't scan through my windshield (Range Rover MKIII - it also has those tiny defrosters embedded into it), it works with my wifes and Inlaws cars though (Merc S Class, not sure if it has the tiny defrosters imbedded into it). I suspect it might be the film I have (3M 30%).

I have to hold the tag out of the window when I pass through the toll gate, somewhat of a pain in the backside.

Edit: My Father in Law obtained my easy pass for me. As such I've really no idea what obtaining one entails.

Edited by richard_smith237

This system won't scan through my windshield (Range Rover MKIII - it also has those tiny defrosters embedded into it), it works with my wifes and Inlaws cars though (Merc S Class, not sure if it has the tiny defrosters imbedded into it). I suspect it might be the film I have (3M 30%).

I have to hold the tag out of the window when I pass through the toll gate, somewhat of a pain in the backside.

Edit: My Father in Law obtained my easy pass for me. As such I've really no idea what obtaining one entails.

No problems on both my Ferrari's. However when driving my Lamborghini the system is a bit slower. LOL

Now serious: I had my staff to get me one with copy of my ID and copy Blue book. No problems.