2nd Hand Motorbikes Ruam Chok

getgoin

Bought a nice motorbike for my kids behind Ruam Chok where they have the big Saturday and Sunday used market. It has 2500 kilometers and the bike was less than a year old. Got some story about being owned by a girl that on drove it on Sundays, ect.

After driving it a few times after we bought it the chain seemed loose for a new bike and it didn't idle well so I sent it in to Honda.

They confirmed that the speedometer was turned back.

It's still a nice bike and we got a good price. I'm not looking for advice on how to buy a used vehicle, the idiosyncrasies of doing business with Thais or solutions, just...

Beware.

Don't fret about it mate. If you got the bike for a price you were happy with then no problem. I have to smile that people still hark on about mileage in this day and age. Years ago, and I mean years ago an engine was knackered after 40- 50,00 miles. Now with better alloys and lubricants an engine can easily do 200,000 plus. I change the oil & filter on mine every 5000 km and put decent synthetic oil. For the sake of a couple of hundred baht it gives me peace of mind. Keep on top of your fluids and a regular service and a modern automatic bike will run forever :)

It's a bit like when i met the missus, she told me she was 25 turned out she was 35, ah well like you say, regular maintenance and plenty of lubrication she should go on forever.

Apart from the age discrepency i still think i have a bargain.

Back on topic i was just wondering if the bike was just a year old what excuse did they have for the missing service history,

Assuming the subject was brought up.

Sure, it's still a good bike. I am one that believes in regular maintenance. By the time this bike goes to the in-laws it will still be running fine.

It's a bit like when i met the missus, she told me she was 25 turned out she was 35, ah well like you say, regular maintenance and plenty of lubrication she should go on forever.

25 or 35, what's the difference, as long as she's a she  :)  Cheers mate, really liked your post.  Keep lubricating regular  :D

• 1 month later...

One of the best posts on here for a long time :):D

Anyone can tell me where exactly is this market!?? And what time it begins!?? thanks!!

Ruam Chok market is next to Mee Chok Plaza that's anchored by Rimping Supermarket. It's on Maejo Rd (1001) right past 1st Ring Rd intersection(Ruam Chok) heading north. Not sure when the Sat/Sun thing starts.

Edited by prism

One of the best posts on here for a long time :):D

yes, excellent !!

philw

Well said!

My little Honda Dream has 99,000 kilometers on it. And it was probably turned back before I bought it!

Runs fine. Change the oil regular and they just keep running.

Don't fret about it mate. If you got the bike for a price you were happy with then no problem. I have to smile that people still hark on about mileage in this day and age. Years ago, and I mean years ago an engine was knackered after 40- 50,00 miles. Now with better alloys and lubricants an engine can easily do 200,000 plus. I change the oil & filter on mine every 5000 km and put decent synthetic oil. For the sake of a couple of hundred baht it gives me peace of mind. Keep on top of your fluids and a regular service and a modern automatic bike will run forever :)