Phuket Air Threatened With ‘severe Measures’

george

I didn't know Buriram had an airport, let alone an air service.

We live and learn.

[/quote It's actually at Suduk...about 35 kms from Buri Rum. I tried to fly during Songkran and had already been isued a ticket but the flight was cancelled.

Martin from the Farang Connection tells me it's flying again....anything would be better than the road rage terrorist who I hired to get me from Bangkok to Surin last week.

Well its not just discount airlines in Thai that have issues, here in Australia Jetstar (Qantas's Budget Airline ) in about the first month or so had around 6 reported accidents in the media, including backing out from the skywalk with the door open and damaging the door so the flight could not take off.

Another discount airline here who shall remain nameless had several of its fleet banned from routes over 1 hour because they hadnt done the required maintenance, so they reshuffled the fleet so the in service planes worked the longer routes, whilst the older planes did the short routes, guess they had to service something eventually, thanks Richard!

Baz

. and talking of decent Thai airlines lets not forget PB Air. I only have limited experience of using them but I thought they were an excellant little airline.

I totally agree with you! I flew with them a couple of weeks ago! I never had such a smooth flight. Dont forget that the owner is Beer Singh. He never intended to use it for commercial flights. It was started to fly the brewers executives around asia.

I didn't know Buriram had an airport, let alone an air service.

We live and learn.

[/quote  It's actually at Suduk...about 35 kms from Buri Rum.  I tried to fly during Songkran and had already been isued a ticket but the flight was cancelled.

Martin from the Farang Connection tells me it's flying again....anything would be better than the road rage terrorist who I hired to get me from Bangkok to Surin last week.

I flew to Buriam with the G/F in Feb this year.Went there in a small Boeing & when we slammed down at the airport 2 of the overhead panels came down(ones with the oxygen masks in etc) and nearly polaxed a customer. I noticed that the had been down before because they had large lumps of black glue where the scews used to be. :D

Flew back to Bangkok in the Prop Plane & that was a slower,more leg room & smoother flight with no bits falling of the plane. :o Then flew back to Phuket in Thai Air.....Bliss. :D

Wow ive heard that Phuket air have lots of problem and most of their planes are olds...The only low cost flight that use new planes are Tigerairways...Was on their flight last week to singapore 4 times and yes its all new...

Any time you are going to get in an aircraft, car etc there is a chance you will die.

BA recently flew a 747 from the states on 3 engines because one got an overheat warning. They flew one from UK to the Middle East with high vibration, did not want to lose ETOPS. Half of one HPT blade was missing.

A few years ago, can't remember the airline, one had oil loss on two engines because the caps were left off, B777, not good on a 2 engined aircraft.

Crew failing asleep or screwing up the landing.

Boeing aircraft falling out of the sky or PW engines falling off the wing.

Even the food could be your enemy.

If you are all that worried, don't fly.

If you want to stay safe, stay in doors and watch TV, assuming the TV does not explode!!!