Swimming Pool For The Day With Kids

Butterbean

Hi,

I'm over with the kids for ten days visiting my Dad.

Can anyone recommend any swimming pools that we can visit for the day. We've exhausted the big water park as this is our 11th time in Pattaya and we're looking for something a little different.

We've used Sun, Sand, Sea in the past but it's a bit steep at 600bt per day per person. We've heard that there's one on the top of Mikes which we might give a go.

Any other suggestions or comments on Mikes?

Cheers,

Gary

Yes that one at Euro fitness place on the dark side(Collingbournes auction house) turn left at first junction after passing it,about 200 yards on your left.Kids area,quiet,diving board,really nice place.,60 Baht PP.

Thanks for the reply. The pool sounds ideal. I only really know Soi Siam on the dark side. I don't suppose Collingbournes is down there is it? I've searched for Collingbournes and Euro Fitness but can't find anything.

Cheers,

Gary

Yes that one at Euro fitness place on the dark side(Collingbournes auction house) turn left at first junction after passing it,about 200 yards on your left.Kids area,quiet,diving board,really nice place.,60 Baht PP.

Thanks for the reply. The pool sounds ideal. I only really know Soi Siam on the dark side. I don't suppose Collingbournes is down there is it? I've searched for Collingbournes and Euro Fitness but can't find anything.

Cheers,

Gary

Take soi Chaiyapruek 2 (that is the road that goes to Pattaya Indoor Sports Stadium) from Sukhumvit, cross the railway line, and about another 500m turn on your left, the Euro Club is on the left about 200m along that road.

I have been to the pool on the top of Mike's shopping mall. Should still be around 60 baht for each person. That is pretty cheap. The pool has some big dolphins, and mushrooms and things like that that the kids may like. The pool tends to be a bit on the cool side. The lounge chairs were all wood with no cushions. Might be OK for the kids backs, but not for an adult!

A nice pool is up off Soi Yume, behind Carre 4 off of Central Road. Go down Soi Yume, to about Soi 8 I think. Go down the street where the 3 story Nantana Hotel is. Go behind Nantana and there is an outdoor pool. Again about 60 baht a day last year. A plain pool but the chairs were nice, it had little umbrella nooks and tables. I went there a lot and in general the "owners", cousins, sisters or whatever the caretakers were called usually had their baby or one or two kids there. Usually some guest had a child or there also. There are some decent street vendors around the corner and the little thai restaurant that kind of serves Nantana is fine.

Yes mikes pool is very good value for money.

post-78403-1265948502_thumb.jpg

There is also a very cheap eatery a few floors down where you can order food and it will be delivered to you at the pool.

Didn't see any lockers though.

This shot looks up at the pool from Beach Road.

post-78403-1265948637_thumb.jpg

To: "The Party Shop", or anyone else who may know, is the pool at the Hard Rock Hotel available for casual swimming on a "walk-in" basis ? If yes, do you know the admission fee and hours of operation ?

Edited by allane

To: "The Party Shop", or anyone else who may know, is the pool at the Hard Rock Hotel available for casual swimming on a "walk-in" basis ? If yes, do you know the admission fee and hours of operation ?

Yes it is, I think it is 200 Baht, and you can use all the pool facilities for the whole time it is open.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Here's an update.

We went to the Hard Rock pool today and it was amazing! Everyone loved it. There's a really good vibe about the place and the pool, service, chairs, beds, etc... are all top class. There's a full entertainment program that ranges from water polo to a full live band poolside. The male singer had one of the best voices I've heard.

There was me, my girlfriend, my two sons (5 and 7), my neice and her boyfriend. The total fee should have been 1700 (that's 350 per adult and 150 per child). There was a special offer where we had one of the large hut type structures for 2000 all in. This included a mini bar with two bottles of water, two cans of coke and two cans of a light beer.

I couldn't afford to go there every day but it's brilliant for a one (or two) off. It also felt really safe for the young ones as there is always a life guard on duty.

I must say though that if you want a really chilled out day then this may not be the place for you as the DJ and poolside band were on the loud side. It added to the fun for us though and it'll definitely be on the itinery for the next time we come.

Before we went to the Hard Rock me and girlfriend took a drive to check out the pool at Grand Central (up Soi 18 on Nakula). I've got to say that I've seen nothing like this pool/hotel in my life and we'll be going there in a couple of days. I don't know what to say to do it justice! It's full of slides, lagoons, pools, waterways, etc... all in the most amazingly clean and high quality setting. I can't remember the exact prices but an adult is either 500 or 550 and children are either 300 or 350.

I can't wait to see the kids faces when they see this place as they are going to faint!!!

We're also going to check out the pool at Euro Fitness.

Once again, thanks for the recommendations. They've really added to our trip. Which is our tenth by the way. My dad moved over here in 1998.

Cheers... and sorry for rambling.

Gary.

Another quick update.

We all went to the pool on top of Mikes today and were pleasantly surprised by it.

Great views, a good amount of people there, 80bt per adult, food and drink kiosk and a bit of interest for the kids by the way of a couple of slides, little pools and a large odd shaped pool.

For the money I'd definitely recommend it.

Cheers,

Gary