Bus From Silom To Airport

alyx

Hey

I am going to the airport on Saturday (departure time at 1PM)

Does anyone know how often there are buses going to the airport and how long it takes?

I haven't been able to find any timetable

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

As this might be of some interest to travellers I am posting the answer to my own question

The bus going to the airport passing Silom stops at Sofitel every hour; I boarded one at 11 AM (but not sure this is the official time as noone has been able to answer so far)

It takes 45 minutes to get to the airport (on Staurday) and it stops once at Central Worl/World Trade Center

I just googled "Bangkok Airport Express" where the fare stated on the website is still 150 baht. But, have 50 baht ready, they may like to play the "no change" game with foreigners. The frequency isn't stated, though I seem to remember seeing somewhere that it is every 30 min. You can catch it at any bus stop on the north side of Silom Road. If you are unaware of what it looks like, take a look at their website. Running time to the airport can of course vary with traffic conditions; I would estimate 60 to 90 minutes. After going north on Rachadamri and east on Petchburi, it then goes south and up on to the Stage I expressway, not coming down until it gets to Bang Na. You don't need to worry about crawling all the way to the airport in city traffic.

I just googled "Bangkok Airport Express" where the fare stated on the website is still 150 baht. But, have 50 baht ready, they may like to play the "no change" game with foreigners. The frequency isn't stated, though I seem to remember seeing somewhere that it is every 30 min. You can catch it at any bus stop on the north side of Silom Road. If you are unaware of what it looks like, take a look at their website. Running time to the airport can of course vary with traffic conditions; I would estimate 60 to 90 minutes. After going north on Rachadamri and east on Petchburi, it then goes south and up on to the Stage I expressway, not coming down until it gets to Bang Na. You don't need to worry about crawling all the way to the airport in city traffic.

You mean this one right? Have you actually taken them back to the airport and do you just stand out at and wave them down?

I have taken them from the airport before and was trying to take them back recently, but couldn't figure out how to to do it. From their actual website which I can't find now, I tried calling their numbers and one rang for a while, but then 20 minutes gave the disconnected signal. A cell number just rang with no answer.

http://www.bangkokairportonline.com/node/55

http://newthaiairport.com/airport-bus-express.html

The first website you mentiioned is the Airport Express bus. Stand at any bus stop on their route, and flag them down in the normal manner. The drivers are pretty good about going past the stops slowly, and watching for bewildered looking farangs with travel bags. As I said above, the Silom one runs east bound on the north side of Silom Road. For other routes, the best thing to do is probably to enquire at the desk of one of the major hotels along the route. The desk staff likely wouldn't know the exact schedule, but they might at least know the frequency of service, and point you to the nearest bus stop.

The second website that you mentioned is for the BMTA (city) buses which serve the airport. There are eight of these I think, all with the number 55x (551, 552...558).