New In Town, Help With Housing Needed :-)

Minilicious

Hi Everyone!

I just started living in Chiang Mai and I will be here for the coming 6 months for my internship.

Currently I live with my boss, but I would like to share a house/apartement with other people so I can have a social life outside of the office :)

Does anyone know how I can come in to contact with people looking for a new housemate?

And what are the 'hottest' social places for me to meet new people and make new local (thai/expat) friends? :D

Thanks!

I'd be inclined to get my own digs up around Nimmanhemin; the uni area to the west of downtown. Can find cheapish, furnished studios by riding around. You'd meet bags of people around there and certainly no need to limit yourself with some random person/family. :)

Baan Thai have/had rooms in the thick of it for 5k, while Suthep Road (nearby) has cheaper digs aimed at uni students.

The AUA ( American University Alumni Association) Language Centre may have a few postcards pinned to the noticeboard by prospective sharers.Its located in Rajchadamnoern Road,about 100 metres from the Montri Hotel, inside the moat on the East Side at Thapae Gate.Lots of farangs in that area.

There are also noticeboards at two cafes on Nimmenheiminda Road; small one at Smoothie Blues and the biggest and best at Bake and Bite. Very near each other, on the right going South, at the turning near Tescos shop and Bangkok Bank.

Edited by Asmerom