I Wonder About This Guy`s Immigration Status......

midas

went to a wat in pattaya once , there was a dog lying on its side, in a bad way with its eyes closed ,ants all over it ,so i sat alongside it on the step ,pulled its lip up and poured in some freezing cold water,(big mistake,) it leapt up in shock and died ,most embarrassing ! perhaps i should have given it 5 bht instead

Next time in this area I could do with your vetinary know how.

Does 100 baht per dead mutt sound about right?

You should be able to do ten a day no problem, better than begging.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Tom....I dont have to do that...

The aforementioned merc driver...SCAM

I can remember the old girl and the half dead boy on her lap..and how I saw them an hour later....walking down the street....it was a miracle really...the kid was a real survivor.......SCAM

the deaf and dumb guy....who I saw having lunch with his family in McDonalds in Pattaya....chattering away to his family....about 12 to the table and all well dressed...he shut up when he saw me.....BIG SCAM...outside the Royal Garden

A guy on Second Rd with the fake artificial leg.....how do I know its fake...cos he carries it under his arm at the end of the day....SCAM

A good beggar can make 2-3000 baht a day.....especially in a town full of gullible tourists....

I dont mind, if a guy is working his guts out for very little, buying him a beer or something to eat....or if I know for sure that someone is really down on their luck, I will shout them a feed....no probs...but I wouldnt give to some stranger on a street that I know nothing about.

I wrote: Begging is never a paying business. I defy anyone to find one person (apart from a Religious monk) who chooses begging as a way of making money.

Talk to these poeple, find out what alternatives they have. Could they do your job? Whatever it is, or was? And why not?

I know a lot of people that have travelled extensively and are still gullible and naive about what they see and perceive....
and I know a lot of Australians who are prats, so what?
oh and BTW...I really dont come here for the religious learning either....your belief is your own thing....please keep it to yourself.

Well it seems you have several alternatives then:

1. Turn off you computer and do something useful

2. Complain to the Mods and get me banned (although I'm not sure which of the forum's rules I'm supposed to have broken)

3. Or you could grin and bear it (I was going to say, you could shut the <deleted> up because you make even whinging Poms sound normal, but that wouldn't be very religious, would it?)

Thomas , why is it that when someone disagrees with or challenges your view , you insult them?

the karma thing.... we discussed it  a lot in te budhist forum several threads actually might all want to check out sabaijai and pandits and somebody else cant remember who's, threads and responses to question name of thread: Do You Believe In Karma ?.....

just snipped something from sabaijai in the buddhist thread:

Intent carries the main content of karma, so identical actions with differing intents yield differing results. A lot of people seem to have difficulty grasping this notion.

my colours for emphasis

WHEW!!!!!!! what was the original topic LOL

I live  in a nice condominium block near Sathorn Road

and as I was entering the lobby this morning, I was

stopped on the street outside the building by a guy

in his late '40s / early '50s with long grey hair and and dressed

dressed in quite scruffy clothes  who I had noticed

was stopping everyone as they walked along the street.

At first he produced some coloured cards from an old

plastic bag and said he was trying to promote

the sale of some kind of food. When I said I wasn't interested

he then grabbed me by the arm and produced a plastic cup

and begged me to give him 5 baht !!! He said in an American

accent " please man, I'm really hungry and thirsty

and I don't have any money ". I refused to do so

because in any case I would rather give the money to a Thai person

and he became very abusive using four letter words

as I continued to walk into the lobby passing by the

security guards on the front desk who were obviously

embarrassed by the whole thing. It's so sad to see

a foreigner doing this sort of thing and I wonder

what the Thai`s think. This is surely the type of person

they dont want to see on the streets any longer ??

How does a person end up in such a desperate situation

and wouldn't it be easier for them to just go home

to their own country?

you refused to give him 5 baht? your a sad man mate.

Why do you think the dude's got the nick "Midas"? :o

I've heard of the Midas touch, and now I've met the untouchable Midas :D Miserable bugger.

Sorry you are wrong.....there are many professional beggars in not just Thailand but many countries....even non third world countries....

of course you would recognise professional beggars...they are the ones in the suit and tie with a plastic cup.  :D

Open your eyes Tom....not everything is as it seems, especially in Thailand... :o

I tell you what. Find one of these beggars, interview the fortunate one, take his/her picture, publish your findings here on TV ( or in any newspaper of your choice)...

...and then we will continue our discussion.

Until then, I will remain, a 57 year old, half-blind, ex-ICRC worker, who has worked in most war zones and almost as many countries as the previous Pope visited, but seemingly having learnt very little,

Yours,

Thomas.

I can remember the old girl and the half dead boy on her lap..and how I saw them an hour later....walking down the street....it was a miracle really...the kid was a real survivor.......SCAM

the deaf and dumb guy....who I saw having lunch with his family in McDonalds in Pattaya....chattering away to his family....about 12 to the table and all well dressed...he shut up when he saw me.....BIG SCAM...outside the Royal Garden

A guy on Second Rd with the fake artificial leg.....how do I know its fake...cos he carries it under his arm at the end of the day....SCAM

A good beggar can make 2-3000 baht a day.....especially in a town full of gullible tourists....

I dont mind, if a guy is working his guts out for very little, buying him a beer or something to eat....or if I know for sure that someone is really down on their luck, I will shout them a feed....no probs...but I wouldnt give to some stranger on a street that I know nothing about.

I know a lot of people that have travelled extensively and are still gullible and naive about what they see and perceive....

oh and BTW...I really dont come here for the religious learning either....your belief is your own thing....please keep it to yourself.

gburns57au,, do I recall you saying your a used car salesman? nuff said.

One more time it is indeed puzzling how strange the human breed is and how far off reality. No wonder the number of crooks, scammers and other unscocial elements is steadily rising.

Helping someone in need without any selfishness, means not for the sake to improve the own karma, is indeed a good deed and a basic element of society.

But doing “good” to indirectly benefit oneself only or abusing helpfulness of honest and well intended people is nothing but corrupting the system and bringing society down to the very bottom.

Morality issues as advocated by most religions are not any better because in most cases the driving force is NOT to benefit society and a hamonious living togeher of the human species but rather just advertisement for various systems of strange mass manipulation. Basically religions are just the adult version of that old suggestion that Santa Claus is bringing the off-spring gifts when being good or some evil black threatening element is going to punish when not doing so.

However, looking at the subject logically and from a scientific point of you there can only be one conclusion: There is NO devine force and no equal evil counterpart either but those are just tools being made-up by some smart thinkers to grab leadership and/or keep the crowd in line. Clear case of nothing but mass manipulation coming in countless varieties. The initial intentions may have been good and honorable but it is the humans ill driven egoist nature to twist and corrupt everything.

Even the teaching of Buddhism that approaches the issue very straight ahead and strictly logically gets bounced around and mis-used in countless ways. Karma is in no way directed by any divine elements but rather good deeds may pay back for the simple reason that tolerance, honesty and law and order obedient behaviour does not generate confrontation and problems in the human world. Fellow people are also surely more willing to help a “good” person than a notorious misbehaving one. This and only this is what eventually may cause a good “karma” and there is absolutely no need to go to church, temples or whatever and pray to heaven to turn the own fate positively.

It appears, however, that the modern society tends to get more and more off that simple path and rather turn to dubious “Voodoo” practices and ways of thinking. May it be just acting and pretending to be a good person to fool fellow people or even worse actually believing that good luck will be generated by a devine force in their favor. Basically, they are corrupting their own Gods. At the end they are not any better than those crooks, cheaters and scammers trying to extract money from their naïve victims.

People that abuse the good and pure intention of those that honestly want to help others in need prey on society and not only steal from those being lucky and well-off but also from those really in need and being at the bottom of the bottom. Because of the crooks the general willingness to help is declining to the absolute disadvantage of those that are really suffering.

Just tolerating and not minding the scammers is a two bladed sword and once again the culprit is favored over the victim, a tendencey that appears to become more and more custom nowadays.

If an actual culprit is caught people quite often tend to look for excuses, pity that person and forget all about the victims and those really in need. Strange, strange world and strange, strange human race.

Therfore, we can only turn a cold shoulder to those elements shamelessly stealing and cheating for the own benefit and ignore them because indirectly they prey and take from those really in need by trying to re-direct good deeds into their own not needy pockets.

If someone asks me to buy him/her food or a non-alcoholic beverage I am always more than willing to so but if money is the only target well, the appropriate answer will most likely be to just f… o..

Last but not least I keep sticking to my opinion people in real need never turn abusive or even aggressive when a demand is not followed and usually they place their request very quietly and decently because they are ashamed being forced to beg. Ain’t it amazing that you find the greatest hearts, pride and honorous behaving among those that have the least in terms of materialistic wealth. Just my own personal experiences. :o

Cheers,

Richard :D

One more time it is indeed puzzling how strange the human breed is and how far off reality. No wonder the number of crooks, scammers and other unscocial elements is steadily rising.

Helping someone in need without any selfishness, means not for the sake to improve the own karma, is indeed a good deed and a basic element of society.

But doing “good” to indirectly benefit oneself only or abusing helpfulness of honest and well intended people is nothing but corrupting the system and bringing society down to the very bottom.

Morality issues as advocated by most religions are not any better because in most cases the driving force is NOT to benefit society and a hamonious living togeher of the human species but rather just advertisement for various systems of strange mass manipulation. Basically religions are just the adult version of that old suggestion that Santa Claus is bringing the off-spring gifts when being good or some evil black threatening element is going to punish when not doing so.

However, looking at the subject logically and from a scientific point of you there can only be one conclusion: There is NO devine force and no equal evil counterpart either but those are just tools being made-up by some smart thinkers to grab leadership and/or keep the crowd in line. Clear case of nothing but mass manipulation coming in countless varieties. The initial intentions may have been good and honorable but it is the humans ill driven egoist nature to twist and corrupt everything.

Even the teaching of Buddhism that approaches the issue very straight ahead and strictly logically gets bounced around and mis-used in countless ways. Karma is in no way directed by any divine elements but rather good deeds may pay back for the simple reason that tolerance, honesty and law and order obedient behaviour does not generate confrontation and problems in the human world. Fellow people are also surely more willing to help a “good” person than a notorious misbehaving one. This and only this is what eventually may cause a good “karma” and there is absolutely no need to go to church, temples or whatever and pray to heaven to turn the own fate positively.

It appears, however, that the modern society tends to get more and more off that simple path and rather turn to dubious “Voodoo” practices and ways of thinking. May it be just acting and pretending to be a good person to fool fellow people or even worse actually believing that good luck will be generated by a devine force in their favor. Basically, they are corrupting their own Gods. At the end they are not any better than those crooks, cheaters and scammers trying to extract money from their naïve victims.

People that abuse the good and pure intention of those that honestly want to help others in need prey on society and not only steal from those being lucky and well-off but also from those really in need and being at the bottom of the bottom. Because of the crooks the general willingness to help is declining to the absolute disadvantage of those that are really suffering.

Just tolerating and not minding the scammers is a two bladed sword and once again the culprit is favored over the victim, a tendencey that appears to become more and more custom nowadays.

If an actual culprit is caught people quite often tend to look for excuses, pity that person and forget all about the victims and those really in need. Strange, strange world and strange, strange human race.

Therfore, we can only turn a cold shoulder to those elements shamelessly stealing and cheating for the own benefit and ignore them because indirectly they prey and take from those really in need by trying to re-direct good deeds into their own not needy pockets.

If someone asks me to buy him/her food or a non-alcoholic beverage I am always more than willing to so but if money is the only target well, the appropriate answer will most likely be to just f… o..

Last but not least I keep sticking to my opinion people in real need never turn abusive or even aggressive when a demand is not followed and usually they place their request very quietly and decently because they are ashamed being forced to beg. Ain’t it amazing that you find the greatest hearts, pride and honorous behaving among those that have the least in terms of materialistic wealth. Just my own personal experiences. 

Cheers,

Richard 

So we can take it you would give him the 5 baht then?

So we can take it you would give him the 5 baht then?

Maerim,

make a guess yourself upon using the previous post as a base:

1. I give him the 5 baht

2. I give him 20 baht and ask for 15 baht in change

2. I tell him to f... o..

3. I buy him a banana and a bottle of water

4. I kiss him on both cheeks and hand him 5,000 baht

5. Non of the above. I punch him in the face, empty his pockets and walk away because TIT.

Not too difficult to figure out after reading my previous post. Just activiate the Sherlock in you :o

As outstanding and heavenly award I can guarantee you the right guess will improve your own karma dramatically :D

Cheers,

Richard

Edited by Richard Hall

Thomas , why is it that when someone disagrees with or challenges your view ,  you insult them?

I suppose you are right, in this instance.

Although I am not sure about the definitive nature of your statement, implying, as it does something I repeat.

Often it’s just a case, as children always excuse themselves, of who threw the first stone.

Never really a defence, so Mea Culpa.

Stones always remind me of another story I once heard. A prostitute or adulterous woman was being lined up to be stoned to death for her crimes. There, Someone said, the interesting words, “Let those who are without guilt, cast the first stone”.

Not a bad motto for TV, don’t you think?

Edited by Thomas_Merton

I live  in a nice condominium block near Sathorn Road

and as I was entering the lobby this morning, I was

stopped on the street outside the building by a guy

in his late '40s / early '50s with long grey hair and and dressed

dressed in quite scruffy clothes  who I had noticed

was stopping everyone as they walked along the street.

At first he produced some coloured cards from an old

plastic bag and said he was trying to promote

the sale of some kind of food. When I said I wasn't interested

he then grabbed me by the arm and produced a plastic cup

and begged me to give him 5 baht !!! He said in an American

accent " please man, I'm really hungry and thirsty

and I don't have any money ". I refused to do so

because in any case I would rather give the money to a Thai person

and he became very abusive using four letter words

as I continued to walk into the lobby passing by the

security guards on the front desk who were obviously

embarrassed by the whole thing. It's so sad to see

a foreigner doing this sort of thing and I wonder

what the Thai`s think. This is surely the type of person

they dont want to see on the streets any longer ??

How does a person end up in such a desperate situation

and wouldn't it be easier for them to just go home

to their own country?

you refused to give him 5 baht? your a sad man mate.

Why do you think the dude's got the nick "Midas"? :o

I've heard of the Midas touch, and now I've met the untouchable Midas :D Miserable bugger.

I was just kidding Doc, really got the grey matter burning didn't it.

rather than donate to aggressive and abusive street beggars , or donate to the guys with tomato sauce bandages and gold plated artificial limbs , perhaps a contribution to a reputable charitable organisation or aid agency would be a better option.

not only would the help actually go where its most needed , but the donations can be considered as downpayments towards karmic advancement for those that are of that persuasion.

having said that , there are a few regulars that always successfully tug on the taxexile heartstrings , the burnt face man on silom road near saladaeng station and the worm man who slithers up and down sukhumvit near the ambassador being two of them.

but as for the foul mouthed falang in the original post , i would have told him to go and wash his mouth out with soap and come back tomorrow in a better frame of mind.

The only time I wanted to give money to a beggar happened in Manado.Poor guy had leprosy and it was quite advanced.His nose had already fallen off and his sinus had also gone leaving a gaping hole in his face about 2 inches deep and looking septic.Unfortunately I was terrified to get near enough to give anything.

Funniest time was in Kings road back in the UK.A beggar outside McD's wanted a quid for a burger.My pop trying to help out went in and bought him a big mac and coke.The beggar was less than grateful.Big mistake.My father,a strict disciplinarian, went on to give the beggar a half hour lecture about the value of hard work,how its impossible for him to have self respect wearing tatty army surplus and dreadlocks and so on.After he'd finished beggar told him to <deleted> off but at least ate his beef pattie.I can remember cringing with shame as onlookers gathered around.Never saw the beggar outside that McD's anymore.Perhaps he moved outside a liquor shop where he should have been in the first place.

But  doing “good” to indirectly benefit oneself only or abusing helpfulness of honest and well intended people is nothing but corrupting the system and bringing society down to the very bottom. 

However, looking at the subject logically and from a scientific point of you there can only be one conclusion: ...

But even things in this world cannot really be proven with 100% certainty. Entire books have been written about how the U.S. space program has been faked by the government. All you have to do is set the standards of proof high enough, and absolutely nothing can be proven. Proof is a tricky subject. As the old Greeks like Euclid discovered, all proofs have to rely on at least several assumptions (which they called postulates) which cannot themselves be proven. So a person who begins his argument with a premise such as yours is doomed to failure.

In the real world, we base our lives, and all of our actions, on probabilities, not proofs. The sun will probably rise today, so we get out of bed. We will probably not be killed in a car accident this morning, so we head off to work. The food at the restaurant is probably not poisoned either by accident or by a homicidal maniac, so we eat it. And so on.

Built on the false premise, the rest of your posting makes little sense.

Applying logic to our own existence, the secular world has come up with an explanation called "the big bang theory" - from nothing came something - a proposition containing such an illogical absurdity that it is certainly not exceeded by the explanations offered by the Judaeo-Christian tradition, the Buddhist tradition or even, with all respect, the traditions of the Australian Aborigines.

But we are off topic – for which I apologise.

The only time I wanted to give money to a beggar happened in Manado.Poor guy had leprosy and it was quite advanced.His nose had already fallen off and his sinus had also gone leaving a gaping hole in his face about 2 inches deep and looking septic.Unfortunately I was terrified to get near enough to give anything.

I had a terrifying thought when I read this.

Perhaps now I understand why there is an apparent aversion to religion often in TV’s postings.

Maybe the action that should come naturally to us, if we are living our lives with the selflessness and compassion demonstrasted by the Lord Buddha or the Lord Jesus Christ, is that we would kiss the sores of the leper, out of our love and respect for him.

If only we could.

Edited by Thomas_Merton

Midas,

I hope you never will be in need.

If some day you will however, please mention your name, Midas, I will know then I will not need offer you any assistance.

In general, please note I offered meals many times and enjoyed it.

Last month in Udon Thani town sitting at outside restaurant a unwashed, unshaved, sparsely clothed thai man begged at every table. My gf invited him to sit down and ordered a soup for him. Was that man hungry. My gf made my day by being that generous with my money.....'twas only 20 baht....

Edited by jef

Well I just kinda wondered why this person not go to his Embassy for help and have them make arrangements for his return home.

Because embassies don't help, believe me.

A friend got robbed and stabbed at 5am stepping of the bus from Krabi.

He went for help at the british embassy and was told to come back 3 days later to pick up his passport. Sleeping at Sanam Luang without money he got arrested by Thai police.

They gave him some medical help. Next morning the officer on duty brought him to the British embassy again and ordered that embassy to help the man. They gave him some money and arranged for a flight back home which a brother needed to guarantee.

Edited by jef

I wrote: Begging is never a paying business. I defy anyone to find one person (apart from a Religious monk) who chooses begging as a way of making money.

Talk to these poeple, find out what alternatives they have. Could they do your job? Whatever it is, or was? And why not?

2. Complain to the Mods and get me banned (although I'm not sure which of the forum's rules I'm supposed to have broken)

3. Or you could grin and bear it (I was going to say, you could shut the <deleted> up because you make even whinging Poms sound normal, but that wouldn't be very religious, would it?)

That is very mature of you to respond in an personally insulting manner, Which by the way is against the forum rules....look under flaming.

I have always said that insults are the last resort of someone who has nothing reasonable left to say. :o

gburns57au,, do I recall you saying your a used car salesman?  nuff said.

Used to be mate......Now I work in the court systems as a warranted officer of the court. Therefore my honesty is beyond reproach..... :o:D

but to keep on topic....if I want to give my hard earned to someone who works hard for little reward or to a friend who is down on their luck or a registered charity rather than some person in grubby clothes who sits in the street or accosts me on the street, then who here has the right to criticise me. If there is anyone here who really believes they have that right.....let them cast the first stone.

Getting back to the original post, why not spare a fellow human being a lousy 5 baht? Heck, give the guy 10! Seriously, if you guys could somehow put yourselves in that same situation, I am sure you would have some kind of feeling for this person.

Does it really matter the reason for him being in this situation?

Did it occur to you that maybe he is mentally ill and needs help desperately (even though he had these food cards - who would get a person looking like that to promote their business - get real).

Whether he spends the money on a non alcoholic drink, or a bottle of Sangsom - does it matter? You have given him the money already. If he was an alcoholic, maybe you WOULD have helped him by giving him his hair of the dog?

If that was your father, your brother, or your son, you would surely love for some stranger to help him out, wouldn't you?

That very same 5 baht is probably sitting on your bedroom floor collecting dust . It would not have hurt to help him.

I am not, however, defending his abuse of you. But can you imagine people walking by in their suits, not making any eye contact at all, and looking down their noses at you?

What can 5 baht buy you?

Half an hour on the internet. The time it took you to write your original post probably cost you more than that (unless you did it from work).

If you are working legally here you would be on at least 50K per month, so that measly 5 baht would not have affected your life.

Get a grip.

That is very mature of you to respond in an personally insulting manner, Which by the way is against the forum rules....look under flaming.

I have always said that insults are the last resort of someone who has nothing reasonable left to say. :o

If you are insulted by what I have written, no wonder you stopped selling used cars.

Getting back to the original post, why not spare a fellow human being a lousy 5 baht?  Heck, give the guy 10!  Seriously, if you guys could somehow put yourselves in that same situation, I am sure you would have some kind of feeling for this person. 

Did it occur to you that maybe he is mentally ill and needs help desperately (even though he had these food cards - who would get a person looking like that to promote their business - get real). 

Whether he spends the money on a non alcoholic drink, or a bottle of Sangsom - does it matter?  You have given him the money already.  If he was an alcoholic, maybe you WOULD have helped him by giving him his hair of the dog? 

If that was your father, your brother, or your son, you would surely love for some stranger to help him out, wouldn't you? 

That very same 5 baht is probably sitting on your bedroom floor collecting dust .  It would not have hurt to help him. 

I am not, however, defending his abuse of you.  But can you imagine people walking by in their suits, not making any eye contact at all, and looking down their noses at you? 

What can 5 baht buy you? 

Half an hour on the internet.  The time it took you to write your original post probably cost you more than that (unless you did it from work). 

If you are working  legally here you would be on at least 50K per month, so that measly 5 baht would not have affected your life. 

Get a grip.

Bravo.

If you are insulted by what I have written, no wonder you stopped selling used cars.

never said I was insulted....the people I deal with everyday are far worse than that....I said the manner was insulting.

Getting back to the original post, why not spare a fellow human being a lousy 5 baht?  Heck, give the guy 10!  Seriously, if you guys could somehow put yourselves in that same situation, I am sure you would have some kind of feeling for this person. 

Whether he spends the money on a non alcoholic drink, or a bottle of Sangsom - does it matter?  You have given him the money already.  If he was an alcoholic, maybe you WOULD have helped him by giving him his hair of the dog? 

That very same 5 baht is probably sitting on your bedroom floor collecting dust .  It would not have hurt to help him. 

I am not, however, defending his abuse of you.  But can you imagine people walking by in their suits, not making any eye contact at all, and looking down their noses at you? 

What can 5 baht buy you? 

Half an hour on the internet.  The time it took you to write your original post probably cost you more than that (unless you did it from work). 

If you are working  legally here you would be on at least 50K per month, so that measly 5 baht would not have affected your life. 

Get a grip.

I have posted many times on this thread the same stuff which I'll condense a abit here and repeat for you. Giving someone who is begging because their life is in dissarray will not do them any good. If they are mentally ill what good will giving them 5 baht do...will it solve their problem? They need help. If you want to help them then you must do something much more direct then giving them some money and enabling them to avoid getting help or helping themselves. I recommend not giving them money but buying them a meal and sitting down and eating with them and getting to know them a bit. These people need to be treated like human beings. The more bad off they are the more it is obvious that giving them money will not solve their problems.....and if they are not bad off then why are they begging? Most people give to people who beg because they think they are benefitting the person which is (in my opinion) clearly wrong. You are not benefitting them at all by just giving them money. If you give them money you can think you have helped them and you don't have to really deal with them at all, toss them the cash and then leave so you don't have to waste your precious time.

Anyway I've said this all before on this thread and please if you want to argue with me (I've got no problem with people argueing with me) then I ask you to at least read my previous posts first to save me the trouble of reposting it all and boring everyone else who knows my point of view already.

Chownah

never said I was insulted....the people I deal with everyday are far worse than that....I said the manner was insulting.

I will concede that, if you will do the same for your remark about religious learning.

Then we can shake hands and retire to our respective corners.

So a person who begins his argument with a premise such as yours is doomed to failure.

Built on the false premise, the rest of your posting makes little sense.

"...is doomed to failure."

Good to know now what I can look forward to... maybe I should eat a bible as a preventative measure or throw a black cat over my right shoulder rather than relying on my own knowledge and experiences :D

"... the rest of your posting makes little sense (fullstop misplaced)... from my personal point of view and way of seeing things."

We all can do nothing but just reflect our opionions that people can adopt, ignore or misjudge at their personal discretion. Trying to be a Messias may eventually just get one holes in his hands as the past has taught us.

Stick to facts, believe your own eyes and good senses and you may get through life relatively undamaged.

Good luck on your path, may it be the right one for you.

Cheers,

Richard :o

went to a wat in pattaya once , there was a dog lying on its side, in a bad way with its eyes closed  ,ants all over it ,so i sat alongside it on the step ,pulled its lip up and poured in some freezing cold water,(big mistake,) it leapt up in shock and died ,most embarrassing ! perhaps i should have given it 5 bht instead

:o:D:D:D:D

I know I shouldn't but I cannot stop laughing at this.