Indochine Market , Mukdahan

plachonubon

whats the best day to visit?

Only worth it for the laugh. Dreadful tacky awfulness. Proper landfill material. There is one shop that sells tasteful tacky junk at tasteful prices.

Move along . . . nothing to see.

I was there last week and it is a junk market filled with garbage and knock offs of purses and plastic crap. Forgetaboutit. What you are looking for does not exist in Thailand, There are no ancient quality antiques here in Esaan or any place for that matter. These folks have no furniture now or in the past. A covered floor was a hiso fixture. Same true for most of SE Asia. I have been all over looking for the same things that interest you. China, Korea, and Japan is where the culture and the furniture are. I am headed up to southern China next month looking to buy and bring back here. Indonesia does have some nice things but getting them to here is a poain.

If you know where to get it, the teak root furniture is fantastic (and bizarrely cheap) if you have a country home.

But yes.

Most of it is junk here.

I was there last week and it is a junk market filled with garbage and knock offs of purses and plastic crap. Forgetaboutit. What you are looking for does not exist in Thailand, There are no ancient quality antiques here in Esaan or any place for that matter. These folks have no furniture now or in the past. A covered floor was a hiso fixture. Same true for most of SE Asia. I have been all over looking for the same things that interest you. China, Korea, and Japan is where the culture and the furniture are. I am headed up to southern China next month looking to buy and bring back here. Indonesia does have some nice things but getting them to here is a poain.