Festivities For Songkran Continues On 14th?

adamothirteen

Pattaya Songkrawn water activities continue from April 11th to April 19th. Naklua water madness is April 18th, Central Pattaya water madness is 19th April.

Those being the 'main' days.

Enjoy!

Those being the 'main' days would still mean I'll get the chance to participate in the wars during my stay 14th-16th in pattaya aye?

Pattaya Songkrawn water activities continue from April 11th to April 19th. Naklua water madness is April 18th, Central Pattaya water madness is 19th April.

Those being the 'main' days.

Enjoy!

Those being the 'main' days would still mean I'll get the chance to participate in the wars during my stay 14th-16th in pattaya aye?

Yes, you can 'enjoy' the water 'sports' particularly around the sois 7 and 8 Beach Road on April 14th-16th, no worries.

• 3 weeks later...

To me all this stuff is getting boring, it will be the 5th Songkhran in Pattaya in a row. I plan a trip abroad, I think or go to the countryside to play it the traditional way.

Yes it will be on again, with the biggest drought they have had in years with no rain in sight. They will throw millions of litres down the drain all over Thailand. They have stopped the farmers from getting water to their crops because of the shortages of water in the rivers, canals and dams and the Meekong has just dried up and no boats or barges can move. But these fools will waste water anyhow. It should be at least cut back to ONE day at least.

Mekong River runs dry; cargo ships grounded for 10 days

CHIANG RAI: -- (TNA) – Thailand's exports via Chiang Sean district in this northernmost province have been affected by a severe drought affecting the Mekong River, the 12th-longest river in the world and the 7th-longest in Asia.

According to Winai Chintongprasert, head of the Chiang Saen customhouse, the river, which forms the border of Thailand with Laos and Cambodia, and Laos with China, has run completely dry, with a very long line of sand dune islands in the middle of the river, forcing freighters from Thailand’s Chiang Saen Port to China’s Guanlei Port in Yunnan province and vice versa to have halted their runs for over 10 days.

Thai cargoes valued at more than Bt150 million are stranded aboard ships. The cargoes included palm oil, energy drinks and dehydrated longan.

The water level in Mekong River has fallen since the end of December and continued to decrease dramatically during February. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-02-25

What a bunch of wan**rs.

Dont get me wrong, it's a good time if the country has plenty of water and a lot of fun. I have lived here 7 years and had a good time at the bars and with the girls.

JUST A BIT MORE

Chiang Rai - The provincial administration here Tuesday declared 18 districts in this northern province drought-hit disaster zones.

Chiang Rai Governor Sumet Saengnimnual said the drought in all the 18 districts caused damages worth to Bt19.3 million to farm crops.

The governor said the declaration of the disaster zones would allow the provincial administration send emergency help to the people at the rate of Bt1 million per district.

The Nation

• 1 month later...

Woooooohoooooooooo!!

A week more before I'm there!

Anyone knows the update of Bangkok's malls and shopping district being closed due to the rallies?

This was taken last year on the 13th and this soi and most others looked the same untill the 19th, you'll have a blast.

I can't wait i'll be there my self as well. :):D:D

This was taken last year on the 13th and this soi and most others looked the same untill the 19th, you'll have a blast.

I can't wait i'll be there my self as well. :):D:D

He'll have a blast of water for sure.

I just can't understand why "normal" people would get a kick out of spraying already soaked people with more water...all day long. Sure, 30 minutes or so may possibly be fun if you're easily amused, but all day long...all week?????

Don't worry, you'll be good and wet from the moment you arrive until you get fed up with it, no escape for youuuuuuuuuu :)

Hahahahahah so the usual Shopping me and my mate will be doing in Bangkok after being in pattaya would still be interupted by getting soaked once in a while huh?

Getting soaked once and a while as a description doesn't quite hit the mark. Best to say when will I be dry again?

The name of a well known band Wet Wet Wet seems to sum it up.

begs