Ourside Home Awning

zippydedodah

Our bedroom faces due west, on 2nd floor of a not exactly well ventilated home. The result is VERY hot afternoons, even now, and i just can't wait to think of March, April and May heat.

Several homes in our mooban have a variety of different types of awnings (some fiberglass, some with obvious UV factors) that are obviously added on post construction. SPeaking to the few local neighbors we have and the mooban office have gotten us lots of smiles, nods of concern and "we will get you a name"..... but NO results.

One friend did mention that she had 3 sides of her home "shaded" about a year ago and it cost 7,000 THB (quite reasonable i thought)... but the business owner drank himself to death or some such story.

anyways.... any good recommendations (pricing would be a bonus) would be appreciated.

thanks

there are so many trees in our yard, on that side of the house, we would have to do some major landscape changes....... again, the owner would have to weigh in on that and the yard really looks nice the way it is now... i tend to think she would be more likely to consider (and maybe pitch in $$) on some respectable awnings/shades.....

from my old job in USA i am quite familiar with various types of materials and specs on such things, but my thai friends tell us that our choices are much more limited here.....hel_l, i am getting to the point where i would be willing to just film the bedroom windows, similar to what cars have!! I know from materials in US, we could retain a lot of sunlight but cut out a lot of the heat... don't know if that is possible here...

like many things... it will be an adventure!

Yes you could simply put film on the windows.

Awnings are readily available here. One shop making them in aluminum and plastic is located on the North side of the Super Highway between the roads to Mae Joe and to Doi Saket. So coming SE on the side road of the SH with shops along it's left side, from the T intersection of SH and MJ, roads you will find it on the left side just before the big Home Mart store. Careful, there are Home Mart stores on both sides of the SH in that area.

Or call Chokchai Awinigs, a different company, 053 116 088, 053 117 388

Edited by Bill97

I bought one last year from a company that HomePro (next to BigC, Hang Dong Rd) put me in contact with. At least at that time, HomePro had samples, brochures etc.

Beware though, that company had a very "Thai" attitude to promised delivery times :)

/ Priceless