Bomb Attack At University Near Government House Aimed At Seeking Publicity: PM

webfact

PM says bomb attack at university near Government House aimed at seeking publicity

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said the bomb attack at the Rajamangala Technology University, Phra Nakhon campus near the Government House was aimed at seeking publicity.

He said the attack happened at 10 pm.

He said officials were still checking the type of the bomb and checking its ballistics course.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I guess the Red leader really did not mean what they said. "there will be only peaceful demonstrations"

I guess they were kidding again :)

Glad to see you have the only working magic mirror in Thailand and can know these facts. Seems others like this government and those that wish for bad publicity would need to do this as well. Then there is the possibility that it has nothing to do with ether. :D I guess that evidence and facts won't be needed by many. Please dissect the word assume.

UPDATE

Investigation shows Saturday's bomb at Rajamangala University of Technology Phra Nakhon, near Government House, is M79 grenade

source: MCOT-NEWS

2010-02-14

M79's are supposed to be used by military only. hmmm...

Maybe they did some training?

Oh come on... This is classic:

Problem (self created)

Reaction (blame it on someone)

Solution (have the infamous security laws on the day when the reds want to march with all those draconian devices like the sonic boom machine that can disperse people in a radius up to 2 KILOMETERS)

This regime would stop at nothing!

Look how the Nazis did it! They burnt down the Reichstag and blamed the commies...

the fish stinks from the head!

Same with those 6 bombs at Victory Monument last time, it's the show to have new legistlation passed and to have a boogie man... it's all them, yeah, there ya go

Sick of these fake games!

:)

Edited by peacefulwarrior

I guess the Red leader really did not mean what they said. "there will be only peaceful demonstrations"

Glad to see you have the only working magic mirror in Thailand and can know these facts. Seems others like this government and those that wish for bad publicity would need to do this as well. Then there is the possibility that it has nothing to do with ether. :D I guess that evidence and facts won't be needed by many. Please dissect the word assume.

Don't blame hin..he is all RED..... :D

UPDATE

Grenade incident at university near Thailand's seat of government

BANGKOK: -- (TNA) - Despite tightened vigilence by police and army security personnel, a state university near Thailand's Government House in Bangkok was the scene of a late night apparent bombing inside the campus, damaging four parked cars, a university roof and a pavilion, police said.

The incident took place at about 11pm when an unidentified attacker fired an M79 grenade at Rajamangala University of Technology Phra Nakhon, 50 metres from Government House. Thailand's seat of government, the offices of Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva, police said.

Police rushed to the university and found four parked vehicles with the university grounds damaged, and the roof of one university building and a pavilion were also damaged.

No casualties were reported, according to police.

Police are investigating the possible firing location for the grenade launcher, and have not yet ruled whether the incident is connected with the ongoing political turbulence in the country.

Saturday’s incident took place as judges of the Supreme Court Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions will hand down their verdict on February 26 regarding whether Mr Thaksin's Bt76.6 billion in frozen assets were accumulated illegally while he was prime minister.

Mr. Thaksin was ousted in a bloodless coup in September 2006.

Prime Minister Abhisit told journalists Sunday he believed the bomber wanted to create unrest, saying that the target was likely to be either Government House or the nearby National Counter Corruption Commission Offices rather than the university.

Reiterating that he is not perturbed by the “sabotage” incident, Mr. Abhisit said those who have tried to create unrest won’t get what they want to achieve.

He warned those creating unrest to move within legal framework as it is the only way to solve problems.

His warning was made as members of United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD), the Red Shirts, who are staunch supporters of fugitive, ousted prime minister Thaksin plan another major rally at the Election

Commission (EC) at the new Government Complex on Chaeng Wattana Road on Monday.

Again, Mr. Abhisit said the government does not plan to invoke the Internal Security Act although anti-government protesters are staging more boisterous demonstrations in the country as the verdict on Mr.Thaksin’s frozen assets approaches. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-02-14

Prime Minister Abhisit told journalists Sunday he believed the bomber wanted to create unrest, saying that the target was likely to be either Government House or the nearby National Counter Corruption Commission Offices rather than the university.

Can someone explain how they could miss such a huge building if it was intended for it,or is it that these grenades are fired from such a long distance?

UPDATE

Investigation shows Saturday's bomb at Rajamangala University of Technology Phra Nakhon, near Government House, is M79 grenade

2010-02-14

yeah, or may be it fall out of the russian plane :)

Problem (self created)

Solution (have the infamous security laws on the day when the reds want to march with all those draconian devices like the sonic boom machine that can disperse people in a radius up to 2 KILOMETERS)

Look how the Nazis did it! They burnt down the Reichstag and blamed the commies...

Same with those 6 bombs at Victory Monument last time, it's the show to have new legistlation passed and to have a boogie man... it's all them, yeah, there ya go

Are you really serious?

UPDATE

Bomb disposal squad defuses 3-lb bomb on lawn at Supreme Court Criminal Division for Holders of Political Positions

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-02-14

'

Thailand bomb disposal squad = burmese refugees... they give them gloves... and ear plugs

Problem (self created)

Thats a lot of paranoia, Nazis, Commies AND the Victory Monument

Was it the red shirts or are you just assuming? Correct me if I am wrong but is this not the tatics of the yellow shirts? Who are the good guys anyway? As my wife is pro red I will have to stick with her.

Don't blame hin..he is all RED..... :D

nothing to do with ether?

probably all to do with sniffing it!!!

Well it is Sunday, first day of the Chinese New Year. So it is quite not too much onlookers. A good opportunity for the army to make themselves useful to the government and the elite. After all the impression must be planted in the people s minds that it is okay for the courts to be notoriously biased and that it ius fine when yu are told as a judge what the outcome of a court case must be. Let's be honest. The case against thaksin is pending for three years, on the 26th of February the Nation gets the verdicts its editors wants it to be, but they had to start hearing the case only last week. Any high court abroad would be laughed at when the would be able to rap up a case within two weeks.

C4 and the grenades are army stuff. But than again, if you believe that Bomb scanners can detect everything from Cocaine to Wildlife products you might believe too that Thai people will think that the opposition is behind this.

Problem (self created)

Exactly!

It was ordered by the government, to put even more bad press against taksin and his crew, so the judges definately take is coin away.

Thailand is heading for a split, and will soon be like north korea and south korea, the north versus the south.

There are already major divides that are happening within the military and the people of Thailand.

Within the next 6-12 months prepare for a civil war.

Edited by earlbrownuk

UPDATE

2010-02-14

yeah, or may be it fall out of the russian plane :)

Or it was just a honest mistake