Water Towers

Gonsalviz

I am currently in the planning stages of building a house. (The Hin" has just been put down)

I want to use a tower for water pressure because of my experiences with the 'cheapo pumps' they have here. I have read all about the .4328 psi per foot and I know it would be a massive tower to generate 40 psi. Also the tower would hold a reservoir.

I plan on using a 'rain' style shower head so volume is more important than pressure but for the rest of the house, (bath and sinks) what height would I need to have so it would not take an hour to fill the bath or so I could wash my hands without bending over the sink for an uncomfortable amount of time?

If it will be too tall, I suppose I'll try to find a decent pump. :)

Water tanks/ towers are an eyesore and unnecessary, my tank is located underground and I have no problem with water pressure,

just have inch pipe from the pump to the house and then go off with half inch going to the water closets etc etc.

If your water from your tower goes through sediment filters and then a carbon filter and finally a resin filter this will cut your pressure down and you still may need a pump

I think you would want a minimum of 20 PSI. That would require a tower about 50 feet high. There are good water pumps and cheapies. DON'T buy a cheapie. I have a Japanese ITC pump that is five years old. Never had a problem and it has never lost the air space. I have a cheap pump that is used for drinking water. I threw that money away. It constantly loses the air space and rust from the pump and pump tank quickly clog my filters.

Water tanks/ towers are an eyesore and unnecessary, my tank is located underground and I have no problem with water pressure,

just have inch pipe from the pump to the house and then go off with half inch going to the water closets etc etc.

If your water from your tower goes through sediment filters and then a carbon filter and finally a resin filter this will cut your pressure down and you still may need a pump

The water will be filtered before it makes it to the tower and I have trees to hide the ugliness of a tower. :)

You won't save any money with a tower. You still have to pump it up there. You may as well be pumping it into the house. We have a small tower, about three meters high with a 500 liter tank. If the electricity fails, we still have water but at a low pressure.

The water will be filtered before it makes it to the tower and I have trees to hide the ugliness of a tower. :)

Just think of all the nasty things breeding in the water tank, and not to mention the mosquito lava, sediment filters before the tank, sediment/carbon and resin after it leaves the tank before it enters the house, this give you good safe water BUT only if you change the filters on a regular basis.

I grew up in rural Australia. Our water supply was a galvanised iron tank, which was filled by rainwater from the roof. The tank was never cleaned as far as I can remember. I'll bet it had dead birds, lizards & lots of rotting leaves in it.

The strange thing is that nobody ever seemed to get sick apart from the normal seasonal colds & flu.