Personal Data Security - Or Lack There Of In Thailand

GuestHouse

In the past month I've received a number of mail shots and phone calls from people/companies wanting to sell me a new car insurance - It's coming up to a year since I took out the last policy so I'd expect a reminder from my insurers, but what I've received is offers from other companies that have all the information they need to give a quote - a lot of personal data that can only have come from my initial insurance (for example the end date of that policy, make and model of car etc).

Within weeks of arriving at my new post I received emails and phone calls from people trying to sell me investments, before that I received calls from estate agents offering to find my a place to live.

My wife's sister gets call after call from health insurance companies offering to cut here health insurance just before the renewal date ... the list goes on.

Personal information given to companies from which we have bought services is clearly being sold on to competitors.

And no - that is not an invite for a Sponsor to contact me with an offer for cheaper car insurance.