Bus From Suvarnabhumi To Pattaya

honda99

Hi

Never heard of this bus service before form the airpot to pattaya...seems good at 124B and they run a bus up till 21.00 to pattaya, i have used bell travel a good few times at 200B which was good but they stop running a bus at 18.00...Has anybody used this service before?

www.airportpattayabus.com

The main stop is in the car park of Foodmart in front of View Talay 1. Very easy to get a baht bas from there into Pattaya and along 2nd road.

Last time I used the services it made stops on Sukhumvit by Central Pattaya Road and South Pattaya Road.

The main stop is in the car park of Foodmart in front of View Talay 1. Very easy to get a baht bas from there into Pattaya and along 2nd road.

Last time I used the services it made stops on Sukhumvit by Central Pattaya Road and South Pattaya Road.

Does this bus go directly to the departure terminal (EVA Air) from Jomtien? Thanks

We have used the Airport Bus Service both ways (Jomtien to Airport and Airport to Jomtien) - been quite happy with the service. The bus leaves exactly on time :)

Here is their schedule: I believe they've added one more bus service departure time from the Airport to Pattaya (either 18:00 or 19:00 - not exactly sure).

post-47610-1266384437_thumb.jpg

We have used the Airport Bus Service both ways (Jomtien to Airport and Airport to Jomtien) - been quite happy with the service. The bus leaves exactly on time :)

Here is their schedule: I believe they've added one more bus service departure time from the Airport to Pattaya (either 18:00 or 19:00 - not exactly sure).

post-47610-1266384437_thumb.jpg

They make a stop on Sukhumvit/Pattaya Klang so you can jump on a Baht bus at the top of Pattaya Klang and pay 10 baht to the centre.

I'd be interested in using this bus service. Where in the airport terminal building can I buy a ticket to ride, and from where in the outside parking area does the bsuiness start its journey to Pattaya ?

Thanks heaps

Roderick

Go to Level 1 Gate # 7 at BKK airport.

Pre-Book Bell by email or telephone. Cost 200 Baht but included in price is minibus direct to your hotel/diggings door.

No booking for other bus. Cost 124 baht, book at desk. Stops along Sukhumvit and Jomtien.

I'd be interested in using this bus service. Where in the airport terminal building can I buy a ticket to ride, and from where in the outside parking area does the bsuiness start its journey to Pattaya ?

Thanks heaps

Roderick

Pre-Book Bell by email or telephone. Cost 200 Baht but included in price is minibus direct to your hotel/diggings door.

No booking for other bus. Cost 124 baht, book at desk. Stops along Sukhumvit and Jomtien.

Does it stop close to Sukhumvit and Pattaya Clang?

Yes, it stops about 50 metres after the junction of Sukhumvit and Pattaya Klaang. If you have heavy cases it's a rather sweaty 5 minute drag back to the pedestrian walkway and over to Pattaya Klaang to catch a (relatively infrequent, I often had to wait 10 minutes) but cheap baht bus along Pataya Klaang (not all of which then go South along Beach Road - some go North along Pattaya Sai Sorng towards Big C. The alternative is to try to cajole a baht bus driver to reduce his ridiculous asking price to take you direct - try to find fellow passengers to share the cost or you may end up paying as much to do the last 5k as you paid to get to Pattaya!

If you are travelling light then motorcycle taxis will take you to most central places for 40 baht

Thanks heaps

Roderick

Minibus service only advised for the strong hearted. After a few trips in a overloaded minibus with suicidal drivers, I'm saying NEVER again. Its not that expensive to get a bahtbus for hire. Even if it add +-300 baht to the trip.

But I prefere the bus trip itself over the standard taxi trip. Personally I felt safer in the bus, and nearly as important, the high viewpoint made the trip shorter - more to see. So for me its not the price, but more a better way to travel from Swampy to Pattaya.

Thanks heaps

Roderick

Minibus service only advised for the strong hearted. After a few trips in a overloaded minibus with suicidal drivers, I'm saying NEVER again. Its not that expensive to get a bahtbus for hire. Even if it add +-300 baht to the trip.

But I prefere the bus trip itself over the standard taxi trip. Personally I felt safer in the bus, and nearly as important, the high viewpoint made the trip shorter - more to see. So for me its not the price, but more a better way to travel from Swampy to Pattaya.

I think you misunderstood the poster. The minibus in question is only used by Bell to take you from Pattaya Neua bus station to your hotel. Bell use big coaches to get you from Swampy to Pattaya Neua bus station ( and for the avoidance of doubt by newbies, the Bell service is another service - different form the one the OP is talking about). 76 baht more but you do get the free transfer. Bell is also easier to catch going back to Swampy if you are staying in Pattaya rather than Jomtien - just go to the Pattaya Neua bus station and book a ticket earlyish on the same day as travel.

I haven't come accross minibuses on the Swampy to Pattaya route but I agree with your general sentiment. Pretty hairy unless you are as drugged up as the driver.

and for the avoidance of doubt by newbies, the Bell service is another service - different form the one the OP is talking about). 76 baht more but you do get the free transfer. Bell is also easier to catch going back to Swampy if you are staying in Pattaya rather than Jomtien - just go to the Pattaya Neua bus station and book a ticket earlyish on the same day as travel.

To be safe, book the Bell Bus ticket the day before. The tickets sell out fast due to Indian tour operators block bookings.

I think you misunderstood the poster. The minibus in question is only used by Bell to take you from Pattaya Neua bus station to your hotel. Bell use big coaches to get you from Swampy to Pattaya Neua bus station ( and for the avoidance of doubt by newbies, the Bell service is another service - different form the one the OP is talking about). 76 baht more but you do get the free transfer. Bell is also easier to catch going back to Swampy if you are staying in Pattaya rather than Jomtien - just go to the Pattaya Neua bus station and book a ticket earlyish on the same day as travel.

I haven't come accross minibuses on the Swampy to Pattaya route but I agree with your general sentiment. Pretty hairy unless you are as drugged up as the driver.

Nope, didnt misunderstand. The minibus I'm refering to is the one from pattaya to your final destination. It made a good Bell trip from Swampy to Pattaya a nightmare. So yes, its the minibus in question that I'm warning against. The bus trip itself was a good experience from Bell.

And I'll try this "new" service next time I travel, which is not that far into the next month :)

Nope, didnt misunderstand. The minibus I'm refering to is the one from pattaya to your final destination. It made a good Bell trip from Swampy to Pattaya a nightmare. So yes, its the minibus in question that I'm warning against. The bus trip itself was a good experience from Bell.

And I'll try this "new" service next time I travel, which is not that far into the next month :)

Sorry to misrep you! Have never tried it but amazing that they can get up enough speed inside Pattaya to cause alarm.

^^

Sorry to misrep you! Have never tried it but amazing that they can get up enough speed inside Pattaya to cause alarm.

Yes, I don't understand the problem here. My minibus transfer has always been a typical slow-moving traffic restricted journey down Pattaya Nua to Pattaya 3rd Road and Soi Buckhaew. There is never an opportunity to over-speed.

:)

You dont need much speed with 20 suitcases and two fat arabs on your knee, combined with a driver constantly yelling in his mobile phone with at best one hand on the wheel. The discomfort of having ALL the same passengers that fitted in a spacious bus from swampy into a undersized mini-bus driving full throttle/full brake for half an hour to drop of passengers is ... bad.

My advice is simple. The bus trip itself is great. Its cost effective and fast. Avoid saving the 300 baht that would take you directly to your hotel/condo/house. While one can be unlucky with the driver in that case too, at least one have a choice and can consider the driver before someone push you into a set of manboobs that havent seen a shower since europe :)

Whenever I use the Bell Bus I hope that it is full. The problem with it only having a few pax is that when we get to Pattaya I have to take a tour of every hotel before they run me out to Jomtiem. If the bus is full then there will be some people going that way I get home 20 mins sooner.

Whenever I use the Bell Bus I hope that it is full. The problem with it only having a few pax is that when we get to Pattaya I have to take a tour of every hotel before they run me out to Jomtiem. If the bus is full then there will be some people going that way I get home 20 mins sooner.

Personally, I have never had a problem with the transfer bus from Bell's head office at the bus station at Pattaya Nua.

It saves me 150 baht (Songthaew charter fee) and delivers you directly to your home in Pattaya.

The silver minibus is often jam-packed with tourists from across the globe, but five to ten minutes of discomfort is only a minor inconvenience.

I continue to highly recommend the Bell bus service to/from Pattaya.

Remember to pre-book by phone/email if travelling from the airport.

Book and pay for your ticket the day before travel if travelling to the airport.

:)

Before the current high season, these buses usually had few passengers. Now that they been discovered, they're usually full so I was hoping that they would add more buses and times. Hasn't happen yet. Too bad you can't book ahead for the Airport Pattaya Bus (Not Bell) that leaves swampy but at least can buy advanced tickets at their Jomtien station for the return to the airport. I usually travel light when I go to Pattaya so I skip Bell's Minivan service and grab a motorbike taxi instead.