Change Of Command At Pattaya’s Tourist Police Station

Rimmer

On Tuesday Afternoon at the Tourist Police Station a ceremony was held to bid farewell to the outgoing Inspector of the Station and to welcome a new inspector who has been assigned to the Station. Police Lieutenant Colonel Suwan has been transferred to the Railway Police Division in Bangkok and has been replaced by Police Major Arun who is 42 years old and comes from Pitsanoluk Province where he was in charge of the Tourist Police Station there. After the formalities were completed and the transfer order was signed off by both Inspectors, a party was held later in the evening in front of the Tourist Police Station attended by Khun Itipon, the Mayor of Pattaya and members of the local media to thank them for their cooperation during the outgoing Inspectors’ 2 years and 8 months in charge of the station. Police, Volunteers and Foreign Assistants were also present at the party which featured endless food and drink and the obligatory Karaoke Machine.

www.pattayaone.net

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-02-17

post-22250-1266403893_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1266403915_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1266403968_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1266403982_thumb.jpg

There are a lot of beer bellies on Howard's geriatric mob. I'd rather one of those was chasing me down Walking Street than a Thai Volunteer.

Isn't it a bit odd to rotate someone senior out so fast? He is probably only just getting to grips with the challenges.

How can the city have any sensible forward police planning if these people are rotated so much when their post goes to the next bent bidder?

Or am I being too cynical?

There are a lot of beer bellies on Howard's geriatric mob. I'd rather one of those was chasing me down Walking Street than a Thai Volunteer.

Isn't it a bit odd to rotate someone senior out so fast? He is probably only just getting to grips with the challenges.

How can the city have any sensible forward police planning if these people are rotated so much when their post goes to the next bent bidder?

Or am I being too cynical?

Actually he was there longer than he should have been. Normally the Inspectors are transferred every 2 years, sometimes even quicker than that.

"forward police planning"......sounds good, never gonna happen though!

Look a lot better in white. Haven't been to WS for a while, is that normal uniform now?

We wear white for parades and other important occassions. Black while on regular duty.

Kinda like an advert for Persil, reminds one of home.

I miss the ability to get my whites whiter!

Look a lot better in white. Haven't been to WS for a while, is that normal uniform now?

We wear white for parades and other important occassions. Black while on regular duty.

I imagine if you wore white on Walking Street you would definitely need a high spin cycle and a box of Persil - blood, puke, booze, dirt from the floor. And i'm not talking about a night on the pop neither!

Kinda like an advert for Persil, reminds one of home.

I miss the ability to get my whites whiter!

Have you tried the "Daz doorstep challenge" ?