Passport Photos, Where To Make?

Hi all,

I need to make a new passport (old will expire) and need some new passport photos.

Will the standard photoshops in the big malls know the requirements? (for a Dutch passport)

Can somebody please recommend some shop? (Area between Central Lad Prao, Fashion island and Future Park is ok).

Anybody experience with printing their own photo's? Will they be accepted (I'm talking good quality photo's of course)?

And what about the visa in the old passport, does it need to be transferred into the new?

Or can I keep my old passport for the visa until I get to renew the visa?

Thanks for any input!

Get the requirements and make yourself - I have been doing for years and perfectly acceptable for Immigration and US passport. There is an excellent/free software for printing (believe from UK) that can be used for most country requirements but really not needed for a few you do yourself.

Probably with local shops is Thai want a blue background for such things and most times I needed off-white and even if photo shop took photo with that background printer would adjust color to make it the standard blue. Not sure if still a problem with digital processing but I started to make myself and have done so ever since.

As there are a number of special requirements for the photo on a dutch passport and a lot get denied because they don't match the criteria. So i would no try to make them yourself.

I think your best option is to contact the dutch embassy and ask if they have addresses of those photo shops that can make photo's that fit the requirements.

Link to the criteria (Dutch): www.paspoortinformatie.nl/dsresource?objectid=5126&type=pdf

Most criteria in english (text only): www.paspoortinformatie.nl/english/Travel_documents/Applying/Passport_photo

After you receive your new passport you will need to go to Immigration who will transfer your permission to stay/extension of stay/re-entry permit stamps (as appropriate) to your new passport. There is no charge but photo copies of old and new passport will be required and a one page form will need completing. If holding a valid visa this cannot be transferred - as is not issued by Thai immigration but by Thai embassy/consulate abroad. Whilst a visa remains valid in an old passport, you would need to travel using both passports until the visa expires.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Transfer-Sta...orm-file20.html

I need to make a new passport (old will expire) and need some new passport photos.

Will the standard photoshops in the big malls know the requirements? (for a Dutch passport)

Hi,

Are you certain that you need a "old paper photo" for your passport ?

Most E.U. countries now use "Electronic" Passport and will need a digital photo.

At the French Embassy by example, they use a digital camera when you come to deposit your form.

For a Dutch passport you need real photo's. There is a Robinson or Central just at the entrence of Soi Thompson near the Embassy, on the other side of the road. The photoshop in there knows all the requirements for the Dutch and british embasies and will have your photo's in about 1 hour.

Hi All, I went to the Dutch Embassy today to renew my passport. I made the needed photo's at a shop just oppossite the Embassy (there are 2 shops that can make photo's, but I choose the shop in yellow (under the Tonson building). 150 baht for excellent photo's within 10 minutes. They have the requirements for the Dutch passportphoto's in the shop as well and he measured also the photo (some inside measurements need to be exact!) to check etc. Actually I was going to give Mario2008's advice a try, but arrived there before the openingstime of Central, so just checked out some shops near the Embassy.

Anyway, I thought maybe this info is useful to another Dutch guy here in Thailand :)

Hi All, I went to the Dutch Embassy today to renew my passport. I made the needed photo's at a shop just oppossite the Embassy (there are 2 shops that can make photo's, but I choose the shop in yellow (under the Tonson building). 150 baht for excellent photo's within 10 minutes. They have the requirements for the Dutch passportphoto's in the shop as well and he measured also the photo (some inside measurements need to be exact!) to check etc. Actually I was going to give Mario2008's advice a try, but arrived there before the openingstime of Central, so just checked out some shops near the Embassy.

Anyway, I thought maybe this info is useful to another Dutch guy here in Thailand :)

Thanks for the info, it will surely save some time !

• 1 year later...

Very good info for another Dutch guy here in Thailand, Cheops !!! Please could you be a bit more specific about "Tomson building", where, openingtimes, name

photoshop, how many photo's for THB. 150.00 etc.etc. Made an appointment at Embassy ?

Many thanks in advance.

Very good info for another Dutch guy here in Thailand, Cheops !!! Please could you be a bit more specific about "Tomson building", where, openingtimes, name

photoshop, how many photo's for THB. 150.00 etc.etc. Made an appointment at Embassy ?

Many thanks in advance.

Sorry, forgot :had the new passport sent to your home ?