How Much Do You Pay When You Move In Bangkok?

robbie22

I am interested in how much everyone pays when they move from apt. to apt. in BKK? Do you use a moving service or do you get the local songtows? I am thinking about starting a service to move your stuff cheap no bothers just call and my guys are there. My last move which was not very far came to about 1100 baht that included 2 trips with the truck and 3 helpers pretty cheap I think and if i add a 300 baht service charge for my trouble just wondering if that would be equitable for everyone. Please help with some information about your moving exp. Thank you in advance.

When I moved, I hired a truck driver (the kind with the wire sides/roof covering the truck bed). It cost me 1000 baht (plus I think I tipped a little). It was just one guy, which was all I needed because I had friends and security guards to help carry things to the truck. I think I ended up using him for about 5 hours, which included waiting for me to have the boxes ready, carrying them down to the truck, loading it all up, one trip from downtown to the suburbs (~30 mins driving), unloading the truck, one trip down the road to pick up a sofa (~15 minutes driving), and one trip back to the new condo to unload the sofa. Hope that helps!

I was lucky enough everything fit in a taxi.

Taxi driver is a friend of my girlfriend and he was very happy with the 500 baht I gave him.

He only loaded everything in the taxi and at the destination he unloaded everything.

Mostly because I was unable to untangle the puzzle he created in his taxi :)

was lucky enough everything fit in a taxi.

Taxi driver is a friend of my girlfriend and he was very happy with the 500 baht I gave him.

He only loaded everything in the taxi and at the destination he unloaded everything.

Mostly because I was unable to untangle the puzzle he created in his taxi :)

If I ever had my life in a taxi, shoot me. That's not a life

Edited by soundman
Added quote tags.