Which Bird Is This ?

balo

This picture was taken by a tourist a few days ago outside Chiang Mai .

He is a birdwatcher but didn't recognize the species.

I don't know anything about birds myself so if you know what kind of bird it is I will pass on the information.

Thanks.

591298.jpeg

I saw this morning two little birds that really looked like humming birds. But they were green. Are humming birds common here? I live in Lopburi. They looked great!

There are no hummingbirds in Thailand. They could be sunbirds, possibly Olive-backed, which is the commonest and most widespread species.

or, maybe Yahina
I guess some sort of bulbul?

I think you're probably right, Trickcyclist. Try Striated Yuhina.

Thanks I have compared other photos of Striated Yuhina and they seem to match so I will pass on the information to him.

Looks like this is a common bird in Asia.

Edited by balo

Thanks I have compared other photos of Striated Yuhina and they seem to match so I will pass on the information to him.

i wouldn't be too hasty there...

unless i'm the only one seeing a dash of bright yellow on this birds lores and forehead, then you can surely rule out Striated Yuhina - they don't posses those colourations on those areas..

else that, it does appear to be Yuhina 'ish (not too common in northern Thailand)

i wouldn't be too hasty there...

unless i'm the only one seeing a dash of bright yellow on this birds lores and forehead, then you can surely rule out Striated Yuhina - they don't posses those colourations on those areas..

else that, it does appear to be Yuhina 'ish (not too common in northern Thailand)

I took the yellow to be pollen or something of that sort; it didn't appear regular enough to be a plumage feature.