Embassies Issue Travel Advisories : Thaksin Asset Ruling

webfact

To be save you need too avoid Thailand in Total. The other day i drunk thai man put a gun to my head, but he was to chikken to use it, after i went to police station and they would not do anything, then i started complaining about the police, then they wanted to arest me. But i just gave them the finger and left and nothing more happent.

Thailand is the wild west, get use to and live with it or get out of Thailand that is the only thing to do.

You're writing from Pattaya I presume? That sort of thing has never happened to me in 25 years of living in Thailand. The Thailand I know certainly isn't the wild west - more of a gentle East ...

No from Esan / Korat

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be save you need too avoid Thailand in Total. The other day i drunk thai man put a gun to my head, but he was to chikken to use it, after i went to police station and they would not do anything, then i started complaining about the police, then they wanted to arest me. But i just gave them the finger and left and nothing more happent.

Thailand is the wild west, get use to and live with it or get out of Thailand that is the only thing to do.

you sound a nice bloke! :D

why did he put the gun against your head?

the best thing in Thailand is to avoid confrontations.

He wanted to fight with some of my staff, so i told him to fuc_k off. He was scaring costumers away.

Why did he want to fight with some of your staff.

What sort of business are you in.

Are you ripping him off.

People dont do things, like threatening staff in a business unless there is something wrong.

An example was today when a someone flew a light plane into the IRS building in the USA.

I smell a rat here? :)

The Australian government is insane, and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, so ignore them if you want to save your own sanity. As for the others, I can't comment.

Why is the Australian government insane?? It sounds like really sensible advice. Not that it would stop me from travelling to Thailand, but it's a pretty responsible and accurate judgement of the situation.

I fully agree, it's good advise as we have seen in the past, anything can happen, just dont screem help when it is to late. If some of you dont want to take note, it's up to the induvidual, good luck.

The Australian government is insane, and the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, so ignore them if you want to save your own sanity. As for the others, I can't comment.

I think that you have spelt your family name incorrectly. :)

What an imagination

what was this government's slogan when it came to power? had it something to do with reconciliation?

This government has done nothing other than bringing shame to Thailand. Being it with the boat refugees that were sent to a certain death, being it the people returned to Laos, even when they were granted citizenship in Europe or the USA and lately with the Karen people. Next they want to forcibly sent 1.4 million Burmese back (They need the jobs, even though Abhisit claims almost full employment) and next they will send the army in again instead of riot police.

This government does not only spit on tourism but also on foreign investment, all in the name of the huge stimulus package that is suffering from immense corruption.

Off topic again, any excuse for an unreasoned diatribe

Nobody seem to understand that you better leave things alone. The courts do not have any validity, this particular high court (administrative) was put in place by the junta.

blah blah blah blah, why dont you leave Thai politics to Thai People and stop inserting you propagandist rubbish into this forum.

Here is my simplistic but effective solution to the ongoing Red/Yellow problem in Thailand... :D

Take Thaksins estimated frozen wealth of around £2 billion pounds and divide it amongst the aprox 58 million population of Thailand! This equates to a comfortable life for everyone and prosperity for all. :D

There is only one condition - nobody can wear a red or yellow shirt in the kingdom again. :D

:)

Not even Saturday (red), or Monday (yellow) also the Kings colour as he was born on a Monday??

Here is my simplistic but effective solution to the ongoing Red/Yellow problem in Thailand... :D

Take Thaksins estimated frozen wealth of around £2 billion pounds and divide it amongst the aprox 58 million population of Thailand! This equates to a comfortable life for everyone and prosperity for all. :D

There is only one condition - nobody can wear a red or yellow shirt in the kingdom again. :D

Not even Saturday (red), or Monday (yellow) also the Kings colour as he was born on a Monday??

Saturday is purple. Sunday is red.

blah blah blah blah, why dont you leave Thai politics to Thai People and stop inserting you propagandist rubbish into this forum.

That's what we're here for.

:D

Don't You Mean I

This morning I saw 5 buses of soldiers armed with machine guns in Din Daeng.

They will protect the farang for sure :-)

Y

I I have travelled in many countries, most of them very much 3rd world countries and have been confronted with hordes of tribes brundishing guns, found myself in places at night that even the locals would not go to at night, just by purely being where one should not have been! and been in very tight situations where you get thrown in jail for just being present.

but will that stop you bleating "I am a Farang, you can't touch me!"....BANG!!....'oopps solly mister I was just nervous and pull tigger by acident'

enough said I think :)

Have a nice day

I'm wondering have we have crossed paths in some of the dark alleys of the world and not said hello to each other?

Wow!! 007 meets CIA, what exciting live the Walter Mittys of the worl lead.

You want to remain in poverty? Call this thief back and die...

Bigger thieves are currently running the government now I'm afraid. :)

I really don't think they have been in Power enough to steal as much as Thaksin did. Are all of the current PM's relatives billionaires yet? I think not.

Saturday is purple. Sunday is red.

Of course it is, my apologies for the error

I I have travelled in many countries, most of them very much 3rd world countries and have been confronted with hordes of tribes brundishing guns, found myself in places at night that even the locals would not go to at night, just by purely being where one should not have been! and been in very tight situations where you get thrown in jail for just being present.

but will that stop you bleating "I am a Farang, you can't touch me!"....BANG!!....'oopps solly mister I was just nervous and pull tigger by acident'

enough said I think :)

Have a nice day

I'm wondering have we have crossed paths in some of the dark alleys of the world and not said hello to each other?

Wow!! 007 meets CIA, what exciting live the Walter Mittys of the worl lead.

LOL very kind, I was thinking more along the lines of Forrest Gump style, it just kinda happens :D

Actually your post is quite' insane' the Australian warning is no more or less stringent now than it was a month ago but obviously people here don't actually keep upto date with these warning.

To all registered Dutch in Thailand:

For, on the day and shortly after the ruling on February 26 the trial against former PM Thaksin about widespread corruption, must in urban agglomerations throughout the country, but especially in Bangkok, taking account of unrest. It began peaceful demonstrations could degenerate into violent riots suddenly. You are therefore advised to be extra alert during this period and are regularly informed of developments in your immediate surroundings. These trends can change quickly.

In this context, include recording and thus connection to the "SMS alert system from the Dutch Embassy useful. Say this is on! To find below further information on the direct link and the travel advice for Thailand by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This opinion is proposed by the embassy in Bangkok regularly updated.

http://www.minbuza.nl/nl/Reizen_en_Landen/...advies_Thailand

The website of the embassy itself contains current political developments that may be of interest to you.

www.mfa.nl / ban

I would appreciate it if you want to forward this message to other Dutch people who you know that they are not registered with us and therefore not themselves have received. So we help each other.

Sincerely,

D.P. Trimp, Second Secretary

Capital Management and Consular Affairs

Embassy Bangkok

My english isn't that good, but these lines could aswell be written in chinese ... As far as my decoding goes, I'd conclude that there is a phonenumber to reach the embassy incase of any problem ?

Help me out here ... :)

Actually your post is quite' insane' the Australian warning is no more or less stringent now than it was a month ago but obviously people here don't actually keep upto date with these warning.

Spot on mate. That's how the world is now, so cross your fingers and hope for the best. I've not eaten since yesterday because I'm about to run out of money, so I'm off for breakfast now. See you in an hour or so.

Believe me i am a crazy fuc_ker but after more then 10 years i never have pointed a gun on my head even never been in some kind of fight(maybe because i have the brains to avoid those situations)

And 2 nd i will never never give the finger to even the lowest ranked cop in Thailand.

But he tough man do whatever you like to do....

LOL@ he was to chicken to use it....happy for you to find that out

Not sure where to post this , so move as warranted.

I'm booked out of Don Muang very early on Sunday the 28th.

Should I have any concerns about the 2 buffaloes disrupting the airport?

If you're travelling out of Thailand, I would check it will be from Don Muang and NOT Suvarnabumi...

If you're travelling in Thailand, unless all the buses are being used to transport colors of either side to some protest destination,you'll get where you want by land.

Of course I jest.

Both sides know the damage done at the airports and would hardly do THAT again.

But this is Thailand and one can never say, never...555

remember, this is also a time for local gangs to get even with their counterparts, in fact it's the biggest threat of all. It can happen anywhere.

You mean just like under the "war on drugs" program when the police killed their competitors? I do not think so. This is just about a group of super rich and elitist trying to teach the poor a lesson. They have nothing but insulted the rural poor and every protest that they organize is wiped under the carpet because it is about Thaksin.

Thaksin might be a factor but in the North and North East is absolutely not the main factor anymore. It is about the fact that a large group of citizens are robbed of their votes and about the fact that they are called stupid.

If violence breaks out, it is simply because Anupong and friends feel threatened by the masses. I have not seen one violent demonstration by the opposition, something the yellow shirted people cannot claim. The protest gone wrong during songkran last year in Pattaya had everything to do with a large group of black and blue shirts send in by suthep and Newin who beat the hel_l out of the red shirt protestors.

Nobody seem to understand that you better leave things alone. The courts do not have any validity, this particular high court (administrative) was put in place by the junta.

Spot on. If you look on the front page of the Nation you will see 2 pictures one of a man who is in charge of the country and one who is not (Abhisit) I thought the caption under each picture should read Master and Slave. It was only topped by Sondhi's article on the back page saying how a coup was great for democracy!

The Australian Ambassador is just doing his duty! If he does not publicly warn Australian nationals, and if something untoward happens,you would probably be the first to condemn him.

For him, it is a case of "damned if you do", and "Damned if you don't".

The Australian Ambassador is just doing his duty! If he does not publicly warn Australian nationals, and if something untoward happens,you would probably be the first to condemn him.

Exactly Mate !

That is what I mean. The Australian government has no idea what it says or does but gets paid for it just the same. Don't listen to them because they have no idea what they're doing.

mr moron

lets just wait and see

err on the side of caution as the stakes are high

That is what I mean. The Australian government has no idea what it says or does but gets paid for it just the same. Don't listen to them because they have no idea what they're doing.

Foreign Missions have been briefed by the Thai Foreign Ministry and arising from that briefing, foreign missions have advised their nationals on safety aspects of the situation.Certainly they do know what they are doing. You seem to be in a sad state of self denial!

Foreign Missions have been briefed by the Thai Foreign Ministry and arising from that briefing, foreign missions have advised their nationals on safety aspects of the situation.Certainly they do know what they are doing. You seem to be in a sad state of self denial!

No they don't but if they did, that might get filed away in the so-called Chinese whispers draw in the cabinet. Don't count on an Australian to ever get anything right. I am Australian. I am sorry that I come from such a nation of fools, but I can't change that.