Quotes

stumonster

***Excessive quote snipped by mod
the above quote came from another forum (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/)

and I think it would be a wonderful idea if this was instituted by thaivisa moderators.

It is one of the more annoying things with forums , people who quote or recursive quote without taking a little time and just deleting the parts of the post that do not have any relevence to their reply . Or people who qoute the whole post just to put a smiley face at the bottom.

pah - conserve bandwith - it is the online enviroment

:o maybe its just this nip of wonderful islay single malt talking :D

//too much quoting here//

Changed

***Excessive quote snipped by moderator JD***

to be

]***Excessive quote snipped by mod
Edited by mattnich

the above quote came from another forum (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/)

and I think it would be a wonderful idea if this was instituted by thaivisa moderators.

It is one of the more annoying things with forums , people who quote or recursive quote without taking a little time and just deleting the parts of the post that do not have any relevence to their reply . Or people who qoute the whole post just to put a smiley face at the bottom.

:D maybe its just this nip of wonderful islay single malt talking :D

A lot of members don't even know how to use the quotes correctly!

I agree :o

Mmm mmm. ITcological

Mmm mmm. ITcological

Say what? :D

Mmm mmm. ITcological

:D

Mmm mmm. ITcological

I agree, people don't always quote corectly :D

Mmm mmm. ITcological

I thought the OP was quoting too much - so I edited his post :D

Mmm mmm. ITcological

I wonder what the maximum number of quotes within quotes is? :D

Mmm mmm. ITcological

I wonder what the maximum number of quotes within quotes is? :D

Quoting isn't that hard.... :D

totster :D

test
test
test
test
test

quote=test]test

test
test
test
test[

uote=test]test

test
test
test
test[q

ote=test]test

test
test
test
test[qu

te=test]test

test
test
test
test[quo

e=test]test

test
test
test
test

If written correctly, it'll be a recursive function meaning there shouldn't be any "crap out" points. See what comes out for the above...

Edit: I stand corrected :o

Edited by Insight

If written correctly, it'll be a recursive function meaning there shouldn't be any "crap out" points. See what comes out for the above...

Edit: I stand corrected :o

Yes, I couldn't fix Totster's post, so I believe he genuinely hit the "crap out" level, which is 11 (10 are OK). And it doesn't matter if they are nested inside each other or not.

Edited by RDN

Edit: I stand corrected :D

Yes, I couldn't fix Totster's post, so I believe he genuinely hit the "crap out" level, which is 11 (10 are OK). And it doesn't matter if they are nested inside each other or not.

Um..... I deliberatly left out the last "quote" to break it .... bit of a joke :D , maybe I did hit the limit without knowing... :o

totster :D

Edited by Totster

Moderators

I suggest the the Default of +Quote / -Quote

be changed to -Quote.

I guess  many times members just click on reply

when they don't need any quote - but get it by default

Bill

I think what you mean is to make the "Reply" button work as the "AddReply" button works now (i.e. with no quoted text), and to have a new button (maybe called "ReplyWithQuote") that works the same way as the "Reply" button does now.

This new button could be added to the row of buttons below each post.

Good idea Bill4! Keep 'em coming. (Can't promise anything).