Having Trouble Typing Posts.

TheLaughingMan

Ever since I installed windows 7 I cannot delete words and cannot insert the cursor inside a paragraph, its impossible to correct spelling mistakes etc. Anyone know what Im talking about or am I all alone with this problem? Sorry I forgot to mention the problem is ONLY in Thaivisa.com, see cannot even correct my post to say that at the begninning.

Still no good.

In my 'Attachment Editor' window I have a wagon wheel spinning and a the statement 'Initialising Attachments'.

Any ideas on that?

edit. the rich text button does nothing.

Edited by krading

I got XP and now with my recent FF 3.6 upgrade I got no cursor in the full reply box...

I got XP (it ain't broke so I'm not fixing it) and I've got Firefox 3.5.8 (also not broke and I'm not fixing that either).

There must be a phrase here that can be coined... how about "update junkies". The people who automatically must have the latest version of something and then spend hours trying to sort out why it doesn't do what they want it to. :)

The original poster only mentioned "Windows 7" and not which browser he used from then on, but sounds very much like the problems that I and many others had encountered with FF 3.6.

Search the forum for "No Cursor When Replying Or Posting".

(admins stated it has been resolved? I switched back to FF 3.5.x)

Anybody still having problems can try installing a previous version of FF here http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php

I had the same problem so I re-installed FF 3.5.1, I had to reboot for the installation to take effect and it worked, HOWEVER, my PC had been switched on for many many days and a reboot can make the world of difference even without installing an old version of FF, the reboot may have fixed the problem...

p.s. my evaluation version of Windows 7 is up for renewal(I have to buy the real one :) ) in 12 days so I thought that might have started to bug me into buying a real one!

Edited by MaiDong

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem, and had just installed a newer version of Firefox.

Though just now, I clicked the far right upper button with the two arrows, as recommended in an earlier post on this thread, and the problem is gone. Is it fixed just for now, or will it come back? I don't know.

Probably rather caused by non-compliant javascript programming by IPB, revealed by the Firefox Update.

It could also be realted with the used doctype XHTML, even if transitional.

The DIV or panel containing the Google ads cause an error in IE7.

Edited by manarak

at the top of the box you type in to reply to a post there is a box with two arrows in try clicking this, it is called "switch between standard and rich text editor" that might work

Thank you 'beano',it worked for me :)

at the top of the box you type in to reply to a post there is a box with two arrows in try clicking this, it is called "switch between standard and rich text editor" that might work

Thank you 'beano',it worked for me :D

And me. :D

So I am not alone out here. :)