Goodbye And Thankyou

Have a good journey matey. You'll be back in Thailand soon enough and better prepared the next time around I'm sure. I'm moving to Thailand at the end of this year and I am sorry that I won't be able to meet you. Anyway, hustle the bucks and get back soon. Mbk.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will fly up on Saturday and have a few beers as I am off to Vegas on Sunday.

Are you really coming to Las Vegas?

Scampy, good luck to you back in your native land. For as sad as you might be returning there, maybe the best of times await you. You might wind up finding a great job you love, that pays great money and then you can retire early and come back to Thailand then. You posts on TV have been most creative and you opened yourself up more than any other person online I have ever seen while keeping us interested in the details of your life. You have a good head on your shoulders and you'll be fine wherever life takes you. Whatever you do, don't be sad about leaving. Take away from LOS all the great times you had and life lessons you learned and take solace in the fact that you gave it your best shot.

Don't be a stranger around these parts ok?

I will fly up on Saturday and have a few beers as I am off to Vegas on Sunday.

Are you really coming to Las Vegas?

Yes flying out of Singapore Sunday Night, staying at The Luxor in Vegas. I am taking the Mrs for our 3rd year anniversary - I hope I can keep away from the Black Jack tables long enough to enjoy it with her :o

Best of luck Scamp in whatever you do.

I think it can be said everyone's been concerned for you and it's good to see a positive move?

Chok Dee Krup! :D

Cheers Boon. :D

I've been very concerned for me, no more so than now - but I usually land on my feet.

Funny how I find the prospect of England more frightening than Thailand. :D

I think I feel another Frank Sinatra parody coming on. :o

I was once criticised by the owner of a well know magazine here for putting creative energy into a site where I won't make any money

Well known??? That counts me out :o

Farewell...

I've perhaps utilized ThaiVisa more than most, and yes, I am guilty of enjoying the recognition and attention, perhaps because back in England I'd always wanted to be famous for my creativity in whatever area

Chin up Scamp - just for the heck of it, do a google on "The Gentleman Scamp"... you are tops in the first four results- beating out Charlie Chaplin :D

Google: The Gentleman Scamp

See ya Saturday!

After all the whinging about given a bloke 5 baht, I would suggest whatever new money making scheme you come up with, you shouldnt become, The Gentleman Tramp. By the amount of scabs on this board, you would die of starvation :o

Bluecat, Baht & Sold, Splitlid, Tornado, Blake 7, Random Chances, 12Call, LovelyCutie, Erco, Fatter Than Harry, Stroll, RDN, and not forgetting those who I had the pleasure of meeting for a beer or nine, DaveThailand, Toastwars, Phazey, Wolfie, George, Nat, Insight, Sego, The Moog, Igotworms, Toster, Candyflip, Honeyen, Jockstar, Stumonster and Gisele.

Bye Bye to you too!

Bye Bye to you too!

You got a mention in the song... :o

And now, the time has come

It has been fun, yet so uncertain

I've seen, them come and go

From 12Call, to Thomas Merton

I've lived a life online

but now it's time, to hit the runway

Oh no, no turning back - I'm flying one way

Regrets, I've had a few

But then again, just that suspension

Last year, when I was new, I had a wart - not worth a mention

And now, the year I've had, will soon be dead... Upon arrival Sunday

Goodbye, my dear Bangkok, ...I'll be back one day.

Yes, there were times, in Hua Hin

Thought I would die (but not with Ning)

But to you all, I pen this song

From DJ Pat, to Doctor Pong,

I'll live in hope, I'll dodge the soap, and return some day

I've tried, I've taught and learned

I've spent and earned, I've been a carny

Down south, when in Phuket, I met tornado, but missed tsunami

To think, I did all that,

And to be honest, in quite a dumb way,

Oh no, no not again... Back on the runway

For what is a Scamp, who goes in blind?

I changed my avatar, but not my mind

To post the things, inside my brain, and not the words, of those who flame

The postings show, I had some blows, now I fly one way

So don't complain! :D

Edited by The Gentleman Scamp

Let's see- we have Scampy's avatar swimming upstream with great effort, heading off to the Great Whinge (er, Great britain;) - Torny has the wipers goin' and he's headed to Vegas- DJ Pat's avatar looks phatt and he's letting his flat (with cats) for 6 months... what's it all mean??? :o

Edited by bahtandsold

Leaving On A Jet Plane

John Denver

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

I'm standing here outside your door

I hate to wake you up to say goodbye

But the dawn is breakin', it's early morn

The taxi's waiting, he's blowin' his horn

Already I'm so lonesome I could cry.

Chorus:

So kiss me and smile for me

Tell me that you'll wait for me

Hold me like you'll never let me go.

I'm leavin' on a jet plane

I don't know when I'll be back again

Oh, babe, I hate to go.

There's so many times I've let you down

So many times I've played around

I tell you now, they don't mean a thing

Every place I go, I think of you

Every song I sing, I sing for you

When I come back, I'll wear your wedding ring.

(Chorus)

Now the time has come to leave you

One more time let me kiss you

Then close your eyes, I'll be on my way.

Dream about the days to come

When I won't have to leave alone

About the times, I won't have to say,

(Chorus)

It's a shame I won't be able to share a few beers at Larrys with you, but alas I am alredy back in the cold land... I think I understand the emotions you must be going through now as I myself experienced them myself just 3 weeks ago... :D

Well... good luck and bon voyage....

... and if you are ever near Cheltenham.... :D:o it would be a pleasure.. :D

totster :D

I've always enjoyed reading your posts :o , you've really contributed to the entertainment factor of this website (not that I'm saying all you other guys are boring! :D) I hope you don't abandon ThaiVisa, but if you find other things to do don't forget to keep us informed!

Let's see- we have Scampy's avatar swimming upstream with great effort, heading off to the Great Whinge (er, Great britain;) - Torny has the wipers goin' and he's headed to Vegas- DJ Pat's avatar looks phatt and he's letting his flat (with cats) for 6 months... what's it all mean??? :o

Maybe we have a little secret...

I've missed a few names on the thankyou list bust that was bound to hapen, but i'm chuffed, we're all in the same boat here and we all know what ist like to go home for a long time.

there is a storm going on outside and there is plenty of beer in the fridge but nothing to eat and i'm not really in any fit state to e-mail the people i siad i would and ineneed food, SO... what to do i ask mtself...

I should go to sleep but i amenjoying having a drink in my own companyt, Bluecat has gone to bed already with his good lady and i feel if i sleep i wilkl only waste the valuble time i have left.

God bless this country - it's finally raining at last (storm outside) and i haer thinder clapping and ist nice to have rain in Bagoko for a change - better late than never I say.

I know we have never met, but if we ever had I know we would have got on.

Thanks for being YOU mate, we have'nt always seen eye to eye but what the heck,life's not like that anyway, if we were all the same what a crashing bore it would be.

Anyway best of luck in your new life Scampy, I bet that you will be scoping the site from time to time, I'll pm you when they close Soi Cowboy :o

With kindest regards

TP

All the best Scampy.

We've never met, but rest assured, should you ever turn up in Guatemala, you've got a mate there.

I love and miss Thailand very much, but have chosen to move on for now, with a vague idea of returning to LOS later in life.

If you fancy a pint, and a nice Ladina Woman, c'mon over.

Best of luck back in the home country. Can't say I miss it myself.

Ciao, bud, and hope to see you back on tv.com soon.

PS: Should you not return on tv.com, and if you do ever publish anywhere, I feel we should be the first to know about it.

:o