Tot Internet

khunphilip

Is anyone having problems with tot internet for the last few days some sites have been OK well other sites have been unable to connect then at a other time the sites you could not get are OK but at the loss of other sites ie yesterday could not get thai visa site but bbc OK today the situation is reversed after contacting tot they do not seem to have clue told me to buy a new modem which is what the answer is when ever there is a problem so how is your internet working our are the tot muppets right

Yes, the last several weeks have seen a lot of interruptions, more than usual, some lasting for a couple of days, near Suwarnabhumi airport, where we live.

Its not uncommon for this to happen. We have never had anything like the bandwidth we pay for since day one, and the service has alas been patchy, to say the least..

Whenever we call TOT to complain, the call center forces us to go through the same pointless exercise of switching cabless turning modems on an off and telling us it all working fine at their end. Usually, within a few minutes of the call, the connection miraculously re-establishes itself.

On the occasions when they have actually sent someone around to "check", one of two things invariably happens:

1 The engineers tell us that the signal is never going to be any good because the lines are heavily oversubscribed and too far away from the TOT server (weekends are particulalrly bad as apparently hordes of schoolkids go online to play games with each other and there goes the bandwidth and often the connection).

or:

2 "The wiring in the house is no good, we need to reinstall the cable and you'll have to pay us to do it". This scam has been tried out on us since the day we first reported to TOT that the connection was way, way slower than what had been promised us in our new house, and itermittently stopped working for minutes and hours at a time. The wiring and conduits were installed by my brother in law when we built the house, a licensed electrical engineering contractor - his company works on commercial, military and government phone, internet and electrical installations, and he gets seriously upset when someone suggests that it is his wiring, as opposed to TOT's overstretched and probably outdated system, that is to blame.

Either way, once the engineers go away, the line mysteriously reconnects almost immediately and we get a text message from TOT in Thai telling use that they have checked the system ad everything is working fine once more.

TRUE was (and, according to our neighbours, remains) no better in our village, which is why we decided to try TOT in the first place.

As a previous post said, if you want a decent internet connection, you aren't going to find it in Thailand

TIT.

I don't think it's a specific TOT problem. Over the last couple of weeks my CAT connection has expereinced many similarities. Just depends on the day. Basically if you want a good high-speed Internet don't live in Thailand.

Not qestioning internet speed the sites that I can open quite fast enough it does not seem to depend on the day but the time of the day if I switch off then switch on later different sites appear to have broken links so trying to find out why at different times different site links are broken not really asking where I should live

not sure if it is the same in CM, but in bangkok TOT was hands down the worst internet. WE had it for a long time and it eventually stopped working, customer support hung up on us whenever we tried to call about it, it was super slow when it worked and couldn't DL files, etc. We had true which is also bad and it was infinitely better.

AIS 3g and 3bb premier are better solutions if you have a choice.

Bad now for couple weeks.....

Now I've had guests check out because of only getting excuses not internet....

and this morning is worst then ever ..... even having trouble connecting with TV.... and then threads do not want to open.....

COME ON TOT ..... GET ON THE BALL AND PROVIDE THE SERVICE YOU WANT TO GET PAID FOR. ! ! !

:):D:D

I live in Doi Saket in a large old Moo Baan and was advised to get TOT 512Kps as most people were satisfied with it and paying for more was unnecessary. Since starting three weeks ago its been very good. My guage is whether or not I can connect and listen to, streaming classical music on the BBC iplayer. And my TOT connection allows this. Only losing it infrequently.I certainly don't experience the problems others suffer. I pay 490+VAT per month. When I was in Mae Rim with Maxnet 3BB paying 590+VAT the connection frequently failed.