Bus From Rayong To Ekamai.

SeanMoran

Having had a search around on here and Yahoo!, I'm still unsure as to the right bus to catch to Ekamai from Ban Chang in Rayong. I seem to remember it being the 155 or the 67 (can't be sure) which runs directly to Ekamai, and I've been told that the 9906 continues on to Ekamai from Suvarnabhumi, but it's a bit of a detour, and I can't be sure whether there's a need to transfer to avoid ending up back here in Rayong, so that's why I ask if anyone can remember the numbers of any direct buses, preferably air-cond and limited stops, or else confirm whether the 9906 continues on to Ekamai from Suvarnabhumi.

Also, would Ekamai be the nearest Bangkok station to Bumrungrad Hospital, or would Mo Chit be shorter in time and/or distance?

to the best of my knowledge the 9906 is a motorway express=fast but does NOT run into Ekamai, but Swampy-Mochit.Avoid nr 57-which does the all the villages along-even Chacheangsao-to Mochit via Miburi/BKK. 9906/blue=1st cl (most TV wont even dream of anything less or get scolded) does not run too often-but the 9906/2nd cl. (has AC-but no WC and small seats) at least ev. 40/45 min mornings.

if time is for you more imptt as money-take a taxi from Swampy (the hold-area for the taxi's ir right beside the busterminal-they'll be happy to take you to avoid the wating). if BTS -Mochit2 has NO BTS beside-and the bus wont stop before (expressway!]-so that means either another change or a taxi. OTOH getting into Sukhvit/Ekamai is very time-consuming.

Most farang still need to be told that If taking a bus into Ekamai, get off at Onnut and take BTS there. Ekamai has a VERY nasty rep for both cumbersome police pestering you and a taximaffia.

oh-and in most cases you dont need to worry about busnrs-all buses have busboys shouting it all out. Only when hailing a bus along its way-and if there are more lines-it may be worth. Cannot imgaine that being the case in Ban nok.

Thank you for the help Asanee. I'm glad to know not to stand outside on the side of the road tomorrow morning expecting a 9906 to stop for me and my suitcase. The health situation seems to have remained stable overnight, so I might be able to save the trip if I wait another couple of days, but then if I have to, catch a baht-bus to North Pattaya or back to Rayong, and ask at the counter.