Usb Internet On The Road

Guest siamjourney

Guest siamjourney

I am planning on leaving CM (yearly pollution trip) for a couple of months and heading south to Phuket and/or Ko Chang. Does anyone recommend any USB stick internet services that will work everywhere around Thailand. What are the current costs/speeds? Can you use the service for a limited time or is there a long-term contract?

I'll use WiFi when I can get it. I have used a bluetooth/DTAC mobile phone connection for my laptop on past trips but this year I would like to have a faster more reliable connection.

Thanks.

I'm on AIS 3G air card/usb in Chiang Mai. I get about 2mbps in CM. When I'm on the road I get about .4mbps. When your out of town you are on edge. There may be a better ISP but I haven't heard of it. What works in your house sucks next door that's the problem with the Internet in Thailand.

I'm on AIS 3G air card/usb in Chiang Mai. I get about 2mbps in CM. When I'm on the road I get about .4mbps. When your out of town you are on edge. There may be a better ISP but I haven't heard of it. What works in your house sucks next door that's the problem with the Internet in Thailand.

I use CAT 3G mobile both at home in Chiang Mai and on the road. "Connection" speed is generally 3.1 MB, but that's just the speed to the nearest tower and has nothing to do with web browsing, uploading, downloading etc. It's a good solution for travellin on the road and it's worked in some places I'd have thought were in the boonies. Cost is 850 bhat/month, but there's also the initital cost of the USB modem at 7,000 bhat to consider. In summary it's an OK solution for the road.