New Pattaya Police Chief Continues Cleaning Out The Trash

george

New Pattaya police chief continues cleaning out the trash

South Korean arrested in Pattaya for real estate fraud

SK.jpg

Kim Dong Hyun, 48, to be extradited to South Korea

CHONBURI: -- Thai police on Tuesday arrested a South Korean man charged with defrauding his fellow countrymen of more than US$ 600,000 (about Bt20 million) after fleeing Korea to live in Thailand's eastern seaside town of Pattaya in Chonburi province for six years.

Kim Dong Hyun, 48, who was under a South Korean arrest warrant for five cases involving fraud, was nabbed at a massage parlour in North Pattaya.

After fleeing to Thailand he reportedly ran a massage parlour business in Pattaya for six years before being apprehended.

The Crime Supression Division said that he had lured South Korea businessmen to jointly invest in real estate businesses before embezzling all the money from his partners and coming to Thailand to hide from the authorities in his own country.

Mr Kim will be transferred to the Immigration Bureau and extradited to face charges in South Korea.

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-02-23

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something tells me he's going to be a very busy man for a very long time :)

yes, with lots of new friends

He will become a very popular man, that's for sure. But give him another two months, maybe he get's a change or heart.

Very popular, or very dead or very rich.....

Is it actually possible there is a straight brown short who will actually clean the scum bags from Thailand? I would live in hope but well done so far! :)

I would argue no, as to rise to such a position usually requires one to gain quite a few stains on your brown shirt as you feed and allow others to feed at the trough !

You can clean out all the trash you want, but it would make more sense to start at home. Maybe there is after all a career after the police for 80% plus of the force. Who knows.

Yes it would be great to see him clean out both the Farang and Thai trash in Pattaya.

It's not like there is a shortage of either. Some how I think it will olny be cases that will get

publicity, but I hope I am wrong.

Edited by lensta

Won't be getting a massage for a while.....but could end up as a towel boy in the lock up! :D:) No time for these wan.ers. What was he going to do with $600k? The smart ones are still in the states...

I'll be impressed when he cleans up the tuk tuk drivers, the jet ski operators....

Won't be getting a massage for a while.....but could end up as a towel boy in the lock up! :D:) No time for these wan.ers. What was he going to do with $600k? The smart ones are still in the states...

I'll be impressed when he cleans up the tuk tuk drivers, the jet ski operators....

Well I agree but remember that tuk tuk and song Thaus (sorry about the spelling) are mostly owned by police. This is according to a police source of mine. So why not send the new chief of police an email and air your views. Personally I wish him all the best despite all the cynical views (and this does not include yours) that I have read on this post, I wish the man every success in his quest. Not all officials are corrupt ...or should I say no more corrupt than government officials in any farang country.

Dan

I'll be impressed when he cleans up the tuk tuk drivers, the jet ski operators....[/color]

...and from there clean out the corrupt police from the bottom up.[/color]

So.... you're saying, you don't want a police force? He will have to fire everyone including himself :)

They are fullfilling Interpol's red and yellow notices, since Interpol opened a branch in pattaya, looks like they have joined forces into working together.

Also British Police Soca have opened up offices in Bangkok.

This explains why Col.Rongwerm got re-assigned. Like "Sifu" these fugitives were probably all his mates.

This guy seems to making every effort to do his job and it is appreciated by a lot of people. Many of the people who will be arrested and deported are not very nice people and they cause a lot of problems for both Thais and Farangs.

I can understand the cynicism of many posters, but there are a few honest and good guys in the group. I hope this is one of them.