New Pattaya Police Chief Continues Cleaning Out The Trash

george

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i see always alot of support if they catch somebody ...1st of all you dont know the guy 2 nd he didnt do nothing wrong to you and as last you dont wish you worst enemy in a Thai jail so please before you react in that way use some comon sence.....

Few weeks back i went to a bar with my wifes brother who is a policeman(ya thais are not allowed in bars) anyway if he show his policecard its normal they let him enter now comes the clue altough this was a firsttimer when we went to a certain gogobar we where denied acces even with policecard....who are the real criminals then?

Edited by zigistar

Don't the British Poice have enough to do in the UK where crime is rising year by year?

The British Home Office have no idea what they are doing.

According to a BBC Programme broadcast this year the told their Minister,

" Crime is rising because the economy is booming. There is more to steal."

The Minister asked what would happen if the economy was dropping?

"Crime will rise, as people are getting poorer!"

What an attitude.

Better to concentrate their efforts in the UK without swanning off to Thailand.

Wow, you've personally foresaw and defined the ulterior motives of EVERY person that visits phuket or pattaya. You've stereotyped and over-generalized these two places while completely overlooking the criminality of Bangkok. Does Bangkok not have enough vice for you to montion them? It is rife with sleeze.

I wonder if wearing one of those magic amulets will protect you from being arrested? You know, make one invisible or whatever.

Quite many foreigners wear them, so I was just wondering as those people never seem to get arrested?

Just PR, the new boss needs to make a few examples while he makes all his tea dosh arrangements. :)

For once I agree with britmaverick: Whenever they have one of their annual rotations the new guy ALWAYS starts out with a couple of high-profile arrests to show everybody how good and honest he is.

I hope this guy really is the bees knees but I think I'll give it a couple of months before I decide how impressed I need to be.

Is it actually possible there is a straight brown short who will actually clean the scum bags from Thailand? I would live in hope but well done so far! :)

Yep Agree this has surely got to be some good news for the majority of us. Lets get rid of all the trash, Falang and Thai, though as somebody said it will be a big job in Pattaya. Getting rid of all (or even just some ) of the pimps and fraudsters and scam artists has got to make it a better place and leave the girls to work totally freelance as they should be. Bars should employ the girls only as bar staff to help sell drinks and keep the customers happy then if they "take time" out to earn some good money for themselves, they need to just make up their lost wages for a few hours (which means no more than 200 Baht "bar fine" at the very most based on their wages and more honestly probably only 100 Baht) The bar benefits anyway from attracting more customers where the girls are "available" for private hire. the deal between girl and client is nothing to do with the bar and legally it must not be either.

So lets clear out the scum for sure and make it a better place for the most of us who are honest folk just here to live peacefully and/or have a good time, and nothing wrong with that for sure.

so does that mean you too? as what your saying is called prostitution which is illegal in this country believe it or not.

As many commentators have pointed out, the police seem to be targeting foreigners with warrants out against them in the their home countries, this cane be seen as a prelude to acceptance into the big boys club of international policing. Start with criminals of other countries, gain acceptance, and assistance from countries with reputable policing and detection techniques, thereby gaining yet more credence.

I'm old enough to remember when Spain was viewed in much the same way as Thailand is now, when the Costa del Sol was known as the Costa del Crime, and Britons took cheap holidays in the sun along that same coastline, isn't that starting to sound like Pattaya. Most Thai's are involved in petty crime, or are the muscle for the real criminals with the money, usually foreigners, so clear up the foreign criminals, keep partner countries happy and put many local criminals out of business as you go.

I realise it's easy to be cynical, especially if you live among the crime and corruption, but the crackdown has to start with the big boys, an age old concept, as seen with the Mafia in America in the 20's, the punks are 10-a-penny, and easily replaced, while the crime kings sit pretty.

The other advantage of these high profile arrests is to instill fear in the lawless Thai's, who will either go on the straight and narrow, or face prison as the crack down goes down the layers of organised crime one by one. Of course the corruption in the Thai police forces will have to be countered, and that can be tackled by training. A better trained force of few is better than cheap and plenty, so expect to see fewer police on the streets, and better paid cops less likely to accept bribes. Who would risk a well paid career and pension for a back hander, only the criminal or insane, or even the criminally insane.

Yes, even in the best trained and equipped police forces there are bad eggs, but they are the exception rather than the rule, and they get caught eventually.

Of course I could be wrong!!!!!

:)

That's rather a sweeping statement isn't it? I for one wouldn't like to make it in a room full of middle class Thais.

Perhaps a reflection on the type of Thai you have associated with?

This guy seems to making every effort to do his job and it is appreciated by a lot of people. Many of the people who will be arrested and deported are not very nice people and they cause a lot of problems for both Thais and Farangs.

I can understand the cynicism of many posters, but there are a few honest and good guys in the group. I hope this is one of them.

My thoughts as well. BIB do some things right IMHO. I don't want to say I'd like to see phony Victorianism like in America. Or that I want the high level corruption of America either. But a douching now and then is refreshing!

New Pattaya police chief continues cleaning out the trash

Something tells me he's going to be a very busy man for a very long time :D

The only thing I know for sure (with enough evidence) is that he started already with an awful mistake in arresting a Belgian biker (Mr. Robert Verdickt) so-called for reasons that the Belgian Justice was in search of him. That is a big lie and totally untrue. The Ministry of Justice in Belgium has vehemently denied this rumour (which was started by this crook himself). His second allegation that Interpol was looking for him was as false as his first lie. This guy is going totally berserk and is only looking for personal success and glory which will bring him inevitably down to the lowest level of incompetent police officers ever in this country. His next job will be in Yala or Pattani. I am sure of it.

Why should Thai authorities have given him a one year visa just 3 months ago, if he was searched at and on a wanted list as a criminal? He has NEVER been sentenced for rape or sex offenses. This is all pure sheer Thai nonsense to justify the crazy action taken by this new crooked police-officer.

Away with him: he's an incompetent and unprofessional medal hunter... He is very dangerous. Send him back to the rice fields or give him a job in Narathiwat. With such a creep no one is safe anymore in this country. :):D:D

All I can say is that he must have done something to get the laws's attention.

So that means he most likely deserves whatever he gets. I am sick to death of seeing scum foreigners walking around Thailand like they own the place, being rude to locals & tourists alike. They have no place in being in Thailand and need to get back to theplace that spawned them. Then maybe Thailand can start to clean up their own crims. They need to dispose of the foreign scum first though as at least the Thais were born there

A couple of early posters in the thread mentioned the new Interpol office in Pattaya, and a few alluded to the need to catch the local (Thai) criminals.

Sorry, maybe I misunderstand, but exactly why would INTERpol have an over-riding interest in arresting Thais in their own country? I thought they were supposedly to facilitate cross-border investigations and arrests - you know, like ermmm .... foreigners in someone else's country? Could the "Inter" in the name actually refer to "International"?

Interpol doesn't arrest -- they work with local police to 'facilitate'

Edited by WillArzonia

They are fullfilling Interpol's red and yellow notices, since Interpol opened a branch in pattaya, looks like they have joined forces into working together.

Also British Police Soca have opened up offices in Bangkok.

Can you clarify Soca please?

Just to enlighten you...

Bet there were many volunteers for this overseas posting :)

Something tells me he's going to be a very busy man for a very long time :)

yes, with lots of new friends

He will become a very popular man, that's for sure. But give him another two months, maybe he get's a change or heart.

Very popular, or very dead or very rich.....

My vote: Very Rich

This was a Foreigner 'Twofer". He was nicked for running a massage parlour AND for the Korean warrant. But still, easy prey served up on a warrant. I will wait until some big Thais and bent police are brought down before handing out bouquets.

Is it actually a crime for a Thai policeman to be involved in non-death crimes? I have only seen them tried for murder/manslaughter (of foreigners). Never for all the other stuff.

Pretty much every Farung in Pattaya is trash..........even the expat proffessionals are..........why bother working in a country like Thailand when the money is better in Korea, Japan etc.........the whole lot of Farungs in Thailand are just sex tourists................lets be honest here.

Jealousy will get you nowhere, mate. But good luck with the trolling.

Well this is good news, as there is a man in pattaya or phuket named ************ who sold condo's that never was, he personaly got 1.4 million from me and about 60 million baht altogether,

went to police in pattaya, was not interested and would not even let me make a report, so please police cheif, look for *************, he is an american, maybe in phuket, selling condo's that will not be built,

I wish the new guy all the success in the world. Thailand will never be considered a legitimate member of the international law enforcement, business and legal community until they have purged themselves of this foreign trash that infests the country. Pattaya is an embarrassment to decent living Thais and foriegners and the sooner it is cleaned out the better.