Clean, Cheap Hotel/guesthouse Near Neimanheiman Road Area

Ulysses G.

I've stayed at the Hill, and wouldn't go back.

They've renovated the lobby to look really nice. But once you get inside the elevator and go up it feels like an old haunted hotel. The carpets and walls are old, grey, and dreary. The walls are really thin too, so expect to hear your neighbour. Also, there is a phone at the maid's room on every floor that has a loud awful ring that you'll hear several times every morning, no matter which room you're in. Toilet is weak, takes a couple flushes to get everything down. TV is a true POS. Free WiFi only in the lobby.

I only found negatives with this place.

The Hill?  you mean Chiangmai Hill?  or Hill side condo? 

They've renovated the lobby to look really nice. But once you get inside the elevator and go up it feels like an old haunted hotel. The carpets and walls are old, grey, and dreary. The walls are really thin too, so expect to hear your neighbour. Also, there is a phone at the maid's room on every floor that has a loud awful ring that you'll hear several times every morning, no matter which room you're in. Toilet is weak, takes a couple flushes to get everything down. TV is a true POS. Free WiFi only in the lobby.

The Hill?  you mean Chiangmai Hill?  or Hill side condo? 

Geeze, read the previous posts.... it's not like there are many to read....

The Phucome is only 700 baht, the rooms are nice and clean and they DO have WETV ( I had to check the TV myself as none of the staff seem to realize that they DO have English TV).

The thing about paying to use the pool is also untrue, so it's a very good deal all around.

I did not bother checking the Chiang Mai Hill as it is 300 baht more expensive and got a bad review from another TV member.

The Phucome is only 700 baht, the rooms are nice and clean and they DO have WETV ( I had to check the TV myself as none of the staff seem to realize that they DO have English TV).

The thing about paying to use the pool is also untrue, so it's a very good deal all around.

I did not bother checking the Chiang Mai Hill as it is 300 baht more expensive and got a bad review from another TV member.

UG, did you check out the gold fish bowl......