27 Countries Issues Travel Advisories And Warnings For Thailand

george

So why is the Baht gaining strength on the international money markets? If anything it should be dropping like a stone!

Maybe because of the anticipated injection of 76billion baht into the economy??

into the pockets of the elites.....

From the poor Taksin to the elites, is that what you are saying?

Thanks for making me laughing.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Each time the thai visa issues warnings, it seems that the armageddon day coming up.

Take it easy

I agree, i have been here through many of the troubles and never seen a tourist have problems news media love to hype things up!

It stands to reason that we're not really worth the effort, doesn't it?

:)

Drink your tea and read your paper. 2 sugers and a pinch of salt fit's the bill! What a load of rubbish to be polite. I love a bit of civil unrest as proves the Thais have opinions they're willing to stand up and fight for. Have to remember in western countries women a blacks didn't have the right to vote and if it wasn't for a few brave people making noise it would have stayed that way. Hope no one gets shot but up with people power whatever side your on! Peace and Love!

making noise is ok, violence is not!!

fine if they want to protest and make a stand, but when the thugs come out they get no sympathy as far as im concerned

Glad that you recognise who are the thugs.

Wasn't dissin you by the way your right. Not worth putting your tea down as we're not the targets. I still have no idea who the thugs are? Standing up for what you believe in is a human right and throughout history you don't get anywhere without violence except in south africa where the blacks took the beatings and eventually won. God bless Mandela but I don't think I could have put up with that without a fight. Okay no appartied in Thailand but I can understand why people are pissed by having their legally elected government denied them

"TAT cannot say what damage the February 26 verdict will do, but if anything happens, we will talk about it," Suraphon said.

Hilarious. So if something does happen, then we can rely on TAT to talk about it. That is so reassuring. Thank you khun Suraphon for enlightening us.

Each time the thai visa issues warnings, it seems that the armageddon day coming up.

Take it easy

I agree, i have been here through many of the troubles and never seen a tourist have problems news media love to hype things up!

It stands to reason that we're not really worth the effort, doesn't it?

Red or Yellow Thailand needs us. We spend our money here which for most is imported money from abroad. I'm not a tourist but I put a fair amount of UK money into Thailand every month and tourism represents 6% of Thailands economy. No one wants us out or dead they need us!

Edited by Jirapa

Living in Si Chumphu Khon Kaen at this time, if there is any problems no one up here knows about it or cares. Rumour has it the wild elephants that feed adjacent our favourite golf course have been restless though :) . Maybe they know something that we dont. A double bogey the biggest fear in these parts for any farangs.From my experience in Bangkok when these warnings are given by the respective consuls the only danger has been as always in spending to much time and getting inebriated in the so called safety of the local bars.Feel safer here than in many sections of our overseas home towns.

The travel advisories are in general not to avoid Thailand, but to avoid Bangkok and or large demonstrations. Some also advice not to wear red or yellow shirts.

Watch out Liverpool and Man U! Maybe you should sport your Chelsea and Everton strips this month :)

and if Norwich had any supporters in Thailand (or anywhere else)......

I will be traveling to/from Bangkok and Pattaya on Friday. I will let you know how I get on.

CNN i-reporter Nan Laew reporting.

PS. Do u think I need to bring the kevlar?

Maybe you can borrow it from the Pattaya SWAT Team?

Good idea! Hopefully, "sifu" :) will roll into BKK with his YELLOW Hummer and bring everything under control. He might even be able take on everyone with his incredible unarmed fighting style...whatever that is...a style of wushu. My friends, who know "sifu" :D , tell me he has huge oil paintings of himself framed in ornate gold frames along with much "spending money". Maybe the TV members can get him to auction off these items of wonderment at Christie's or Sotheby's and he can use the money from the auction results and his other money to promote peace between the reds shirts and yellows shirts. I hope the situation in LOS remains calm. :D Keep me posted Nan Laew.

1992:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrTY1WE2P7U&feature=related

Scary enough for you?

I was here all through the 1992 events and watched

it / tried to understand in detail.

The current situation is a completely different ballgame

and cannot be compared in any way with the 1992 situation.

Just went to Tesco (pattaya) Thaparasit rd/Sukhamvit , and just over the road on the corner to soi khaow Noi it looks like the reds are starting to build there stage again on the big plot of land that used to be a market a few years ago.

amazing they got persmison to do it there after the trouble they caused at the summit last year .

Its actually Soi Kho Talow, and Sukhumvit Road there is a large red shirt presence selling shirts and other red parafanalia including water etc i will be staying away from this area tomorrow as i live on Soi Khowtalow

1992:

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrTY1WE2P7U&feature=related

Scary enough for you?

I was here all through the 1992 events and watched

it / tried to understand in detail.

The current situation is a completely different ballgame

and cannot be compared in any way with the 1992 situation.

same same...back then was the students against the military now its the peasants against the military

Foreign intel must have gathered something that the Thai authorities or newspapers aren't saying

Does this mean travel insurance to thailand will be up?

Let's not forget that typically western governments,

Singapore, Japan, Korea, and many more, naturally

overreact at least a little, they see this as being responsible.

Better to be safe than sorry approach.

I would hope my governemt would take the same attitude.

Foreign intel must have gathered something that the Thai authorities or newspapers aren't saying

Let's not forget that typically western governments,

Singapore, Japan, Korea, and many more, naturally

overreact at least a little, they see this as being responsible.

Better to be safe than sorry approach.

I would hope my governemt would take the same attitude.

As I said in a previous quote, when you work in the Govt sector theres a thing called "Covering ur ass" If one of these rubber neck office dwellers didnt issue the warning and one of their citizens got injured all these doo gooders would come out jumping up and down saying the govt should of done more :) .

Was in BKK last Thursday, talking to a very well spoken pro thaksin taxi driver, who said if thaksins money is confiscated there will be be over 1 million demonstrators come to the city, i said no way, to which he replied , OK you just wait and look TV.

Police and soldiers man a security cordon outside the Supreme Court opposite Sanam Luang on February 23, 2010. Security around teh court has been tightened ahead of the verdict on the Thaksin Shinawatra assets seizure case on February 26. (Photo by Apichart Jinakul)

All tourists that stay in the Kao San Rd area are near the hot zone. Another possible hot zone is Victory Monument.

As long as you stay away from Government buildings in the area near the Palace and Sanam Luang, my guess is that you will be ok. The rest of this HUGE city is perfectly safe as always. I have been through 3-4 coups (lost count) already here. Have a cold one and relax.

Well said you saved me looking up the names :)

Was in BKK last Thursday, talking to a very well spoken pro thaksin taxi driver, who said if thaksins money is confiscated there will be be over 1 million demonstrators come to the city, i said no way, to which he replied , OK you just wait and look TV.

I think just empty blabla and this taxi driver himself will not go there if he don't receive money but can earn some money by ripping of farangs meanwhile.....

1 million....no way

100.000 possible

1 MILLION whom?.....The Masses and KhunT: Programmed to believe; Always gonna be deceived..... divide by 1000 and add 'TVBite' drama for his fantasy 'World Court'...int.Court of Justice....Boyz at the Hague, etc...

KT's world will collapse coz of and with his $$$...whenever. In my Considered Opinion.

11 years Genuine belief,

Brewsta.... IMHO, naturally.

He knew about Thai Visa?

Why is it not a single Thai among my hundreds of Thai friends and acquaintances (farmer to professional) have never mentioned Friday the 26th?

Is this perhaps a farang news feeding frenzy, with even the embassies believing the local English and Thai media (fed by the scare-mongering of meddlesome politicians and retired military has-beens)?

So, then, will Friday the 26th be TWICE as bad as Friday the 13th??

I will be traveling to/from Bangkok and Pattaya on Friday. I will let you know how I get on.

CNN i-reporter Nan Laew reporting.

PS. Do u think I need to bring the kevlar?

Nothing to worry about - we've got Sifu down here at Pattaya - he's trained all the security personnel and will take care of everything.

I was quoted on my travel insurance to travel to Phuket and Bangkok for 2 weeks and it hadn't changed from when I was quoted 6 months ago. I doubt travel insurance will go up. We're still going on our holiday between 13th and 27th March. I hope to hel_l that all this crap has been sorted by then.

They aren't doing themselves any favours.

And the trouble spots are?

Mobs of angry red shirt wearing Thai people. These things are easy to avoid and the warning over hyped but it's the governments responsibility to at least inform people.

I don't understand. Mobs of red shirts? what about mobs of yellow shirts? So I guess the yellow are very law abiding and would do anything to disrupt tourism. International Governments should have placed the warning beware of red shirts in Thailand. Please this is a 2 sided issue. I am niether red nor yellow just a farang who sits on the fence and watches and I think every other farang here should do the same and not take sides in politics that have nothing to do with you. Sure have an opinion but do not take sides it is not our place.