Red Shirt Demo Watch!

Jingthing

Well the trucks with red flags and super loud speakers arrived today in Jomtien. Where were they going? Where are they now? Are they converging at a certain point? Do you think they will attempt some monkey business in Pattaya when the verdict comes down? Any insider info about this? Do tell.

I've just had a PM from a respected member and Pattaya poster that the The red shirts have indeed set up camp at the corner of Khao talo and sukhumvit.They have also built a huge stage there as well

I've just had a PM from a respected member and Pattaya poster that the The red shirts have indeed set up camp at the corner of Khao talo and sukhumvit.They have also built a huge stage there as well

yes its true me and the wife saw it two days ago. big area had a stall selling all the red gear at the side of the road. apparantly the date advertised was 25th which is tomorrow, see what happens.

Hi All,

Can someone confirm the following for me:

I was driving up phoenix road towards work this morning when I saw a group, about 50-70 people dressed in Army uniforms, armed with machine guns, marching from Baan Chakngaew towards Baan amphur/sukhumvit. The were carrying big red and white striped beams, looked like railroad crossing barriers or something and they had red flags and UDD printed on their uniforms. The certainly didn't look like the Royal Thai army. The inside of their hats was also red.

Is this a joke or some kind of private army from the red shirts trying to set up road blocks somewhere. I found it quite worrisome that a bunch of people were parading on the road armed with guns and rifles.

^ If this is true it could be the start of civil war.

It's just my observation of what I saw on the road this morning. Also my colleagues have seen them around Baan Chakngaew marching in the same direction. We weren't quite sure whether this was a military drill or something else. But judging by the fact that there frontman was walking around with a red flag, they were carrying machine guns, the inside of their hats was red, UDD on some of their uniforms, and that they didn't look like a bunch of trained marines, it just made me slightly worried about their intentions. Maybe it's just nothing but maybe someone else can confirm their presence in the Baan Amphur area. and their whereabouts.

My post is not intended to stir up the whole situation as I believe it's serious enough already.

Edited by frtiz

It's just my observation of what I saw on the road this morning. Also my colleagues have seen them around Baan Chakngaew marching in the same direction. We weren't quite sure whether this was a military drill or something else. But judging by the fact that there frontman was walking around with a red flag, they were carrying machine guns, the inside of their hats was red, UDD on some of their uniforms, and that they didn't look like a bunch of trained marines, it just made me slightly worried about their intentions. Maybe it's just nothing but maybe someone else can confirm their presence in the Baan Amphur area. and their whereabouts.

My post is not intended to stir up the whole situation as I believe it's serious enough already.

I don't want to put your observations in doubt but which strategic elements are present in that area?

Nothing to worry about, I see them all the time around Ban Ampur and Wat Yaan, they always carry a red flag back and front of their column so that any vehicles will be aware of them. They will often set up a small roadblock for training.

Nothing to worry about, I see them all the time around Ban Ampur and Wat Yaan, they always carry a red flag back and front of their column so that any vehicles will be aware of them. They will often set up a small roadblock for training.

Alright nothing to worry about then. Although I'm still slightly puzzled as to why they were wearing shirts with UDD on it. Seems to me still a bit out of the ordinary to have soldiers marching the streets exhibiting their political color/preference.

Those are the same idiots who stormed the Royal Cliff Resort ASEAN meeting. Pests.

one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter maybe they just want their democracy back.

Well stated Sir, easy to criticise, but the truth is its the only chance they have of getting something resembling a democracy!

Just hope it doesn't get nasty, its a pretty big set up they have there, so must be expecting a fair turn out.......

Has the date been set when the decision comes down, is there any extra security around the airport, (I think I already know the answer to that)

I arrive March 18 and am already stressing, just happened to be lucky enough to get caught in the Yellow Shirt airport shut down, still have shit attitute over that mess.

Has the date been set when the decision comes down, is there any extra security around the airport, (I think I already know the answer to that)

I arrive March 18 and am already stressing, just happened to be lucky enough to get caught in the Yellow Shirt airport shut down, still have shit attitute over that mess.

I think you will be OK. Reds occupying the airport won't be tolerated as the last disgusting, murdering lot in there was last time.

I have someone flying in on the 8th and out on the 15th and I am not bothered, but did put someone off arriving on Friday 26th, until the middle of next week!

They have announced a million man march for March. The verdict is tomorrow. They don't have a million men now or they would start if off now. They keep making threats and claims and then can't back it up. So, who knows. Anyway, anything is possible in the next few months, don't kid yourself.

They have announced a million man march for March. The verdict is tomorrow. They don't have a million men now or they would start if off now. They keep making threats and claims and then can't back it up. So, who knows. Anyway, anything is possible in the next few months, don't kid yourself.

And the point of a million man march in a country with almost 67 million thai people ? :D

CHANT: We have a minority, we have a minority. :)

Edited by neverdie

i went down today and had a walk around and had a chat with some of the stall holders, they have some thing they beleive in, if i remeber rightly he was elected in by the majority, maybe he did some things we perseve as wrong but look what that shower in the UK have stolen recently, US has its share of corrupt polotitions as well. he introduced 30 baht health scheme, one tamboon one product, lent the villages a million each for development, brought the country forward in leaps and bounds, got rid of a lot of the drug scum forcing the prices through the roof. now drugs are cheap and more widly used. but he was elected democraticly, that means more people voted for his party then any other, if he came back he would win again. i did not find them un educated country bumkins,( sure Rimmer told me there was a rule against such statements reguarding Thai people) dictators dont hold elections as in North korea. either way i purchased a shirt just to show my support. just my two penny's worth i know i will be in the minority but look at all the new rules making it harder for us to stay here.

i went down today and had a walk around and had a chat with some of the stall holders, they have some thing they beleive in, if i remeber rightly he was elected in by the majority, maybe he did some things we perseve as wrong but look what that shower in the UK have stolen recently, US has its share of corrupt polotitions as well. he introduced 30 baht health scheme, one tamboon one product, lent the villages a million each for development, brought the country forward in leaps and bounds, got rid of a lot of the drug scum forcing the prices through the roof. now drugs are cheap and more widly used. but he was elected democraticly, that means more people voted for his party then any other, if he came back he would win again. i did not find them un educated country bumkins,( sure Rimmer told me there was a rule against such statements reguarding Thai people) dictators dont hold elections as in North korea. either way i purchased a shirt just to show my support. just my two penny's worth i know i will be in the minority but look at all the new rules making it harder for us to stay here.

A criminal like Thaksin is ineligible to be PM again unless his side performs a coup. Whether he could win again in a free election after all the dirty business that has gone down (Black Songkran, Cambodia) is VERY debatable. Sounds like you were sold a bill of propaganda goods.

Another point. Some may disagree. I think it is very foolish for foreigners to be wearing red shirts, or yellow shirts, or making public political expressions of any kind in Thailand, especially these days.

Edited by Jingthing

Another point. Some may disagree. I think it is very foolish for foreigners to be wearing red shirts, or yellow shirts, or making public political expressions of any kind in Thailand, especially these days.

I don't think that is restricted to these days.As a foreigner we are a guest in this country and have NO voting rights,that means also no point to debate as we can't change anything.

Look at the western country's were immigrants get voting rights and how opposed the population (read WE ) is to that fact.But from the other side we go discuss politics in a foreign country.Something doesn't look fit in my opinion.

A criminal like Thaksin is ineligible to be PM again unless his side performs a coup. Whether he could win again in a free election after all the dirty business that has gone down (Black Songkran, Cambodia) is VERY debatable. Sounds like you were sold a bill of propaganda goods.

totally agree about foolish to wear shirts, but buying one and leaving it in the bag should be ok, i never said i wore it. the place was empty apart from store holders and i just wanted to hear how they thought. lived in Samui for years and again discussed it with pro Democrats. lived here for many years and think taking interest in polotics is a good thing. many Thais beleive Suthep is running the country he had to move sideways over a scandel only to be replaced by a relative, he was Marks number 2. my opinion is based on living here pre taskin during taskin and after taskin. as a matter of interest which of what i said is propaganda, its all the good he did. because the people who vote for him are poor does not mean they should be denied the right to have a democratic vote. either way who ever gets in will almost certainly be corrupt. . he was removed by a coup but i doubt there will be a coup to get him back. i was really in favour of this regime at the start, but changed now. not trying to cause an argument just saying what i think based on living here and living with my very well educated Thai country bumpkin wife who's thoughts on the matter have changed my opinion. either way cant beat a good debate.