Possibilities Of Applying For A Schengen (belgium) And Bulgarian Visa?

Hi all, just a loose query regarding a possible European trip for myself and my TGF.

If we wanted to fly into Belgium, stay maybe 2 or 3 months (my brother lives there so could be a sponsor), then travel overland and sea in my motorhome (staying within the Schengen countrys) into Bulgaria for maybe a few weeks (where I have a house), and then travelled back to Belgium via a similar route (within Schengen again), and again staying for a couple of months if possible.

Many many questions, but first of all, does it sound possible regarding visas?

It would preferably be a double entry 6 month Schengen tourist visa (applied for in the Belgium Embassy), and a single entry one month tourist visa for Bulgaria (if there is such a thing).

I am from the UK, and my gf has a passport but has only been outside of Thailand once, to Laos with me earlier this year. We are not married, but have been together nearly two years.

Any comments or recommendations, or suggestions gratefully appreciated.

May be a bit of help, although different circumstances

I'm married with the fancy pretty marriage certificate to a Thai girl. We are going in April first to France, then Switzerland ( Schengen),back to France, then Chile, back to France and then back to LOS.

Because we are married she got a multientry Schengen valid for 3 months ( That's all we asked for) for free ( except for the 2300baht we had to pay to the UK consul for the letter saying they recognised the marriage!!!!)

So for you I suspect, you will have to pay for a mulitentry Schengen from the Belgian embassy valid for 6 months ( about 60 euros?). Can't help with Bulgaria, is it not part of Schengen yet?

You'll need the same sort of paperwork that is needed for the UK. Tickets, first place to stay, maybe insurance, etc etc

Thanks for your reply.

Since posting, I have searched some more and noted that it is most common to be issued a 3 month Schengen tourist visa. Does anyone know if applying for a 6 month, multi-entry would prove to be difficult?

Also, I see that it may be worth us applying for the Schengen first, as it may help with the Bulgarian?

As my brother lives in Belgium, I am presuming that some kind of written invitation would be needed from him. He is a UK citizen, as I am, but his partner is a Belgian national.

With his invitation, I guess that would do away with the need for a hotel reservation?

I do believe Bulgaria has yet to join the Schengen, so that would be a seperate application, unfortunately. Has anyone has dealings with them concerning a tourist visa?

Thanks for your reply.

Since posting, I have searched some more and noted that it is most common to be issued a 3 month Schengen tourist visa. Does anyone know if applying for a 6 month, multi-entry would prove to be difficult?

Also, I see that it may be worth us applying for the Schengen first, as it may help with the Bulgarian?

As my brother lives in Belgium, I am presuming that some kind of written invitation would be needed from him. He is a UK citizen, as I am, but his partner is a Belgian national.

With his invitation, I guess that would do away with the need for a hotel reservation?

I do believe Bulgaria has yet to join the Schengen, so that would be a seperate application, unfortunately. Has anyone has dealings with them concerning a tourist visa?

I recently lived and worked in Bulgaria for over 3 years with my Thai wife. I should say your best bet is to get a multi entry Schengen Visa first (max 3 months within any 6 months) then apply for a visit visa at the Bulgarian Embassy in BKK.