Immigration Officer Screwed Up My Ed Visa?

So I just got back from obtaining my education visa from KL today. It says non immigrant ED visa number of entries "S". I clear immigration today, grab my passport back, and to my surprise the visa has a "used" stamp on it, and my stamp says I am permitted three months, visa type written in as "non Ed". What can I do about this? I should get a one year stay, and can leave/return as Many times

as I wanted from Thailand so long as I obtained an exit stamp, so I thought.

Is this normal, or did he mess something up? What can I do?

Applied for Ed visa (gave school letter and all) and paid 220 ringit which is roughly 2000 baht (?)

Single entry 2,000 Baht

Multi entry 5,000 Baht.

You applied for a single entry that only gives 90 days.

As said earlier you may be able to extend at Immigration for 12 months. 1,900 Baht.

Here are the extension rules.

Look at 2.8 and 2.9

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-...ember-2008.html

You paid for and obtained a single entry Non-Ed visa. That is normal within the region, as are then expected to extend permission to stay at Thai immigration. If studying at language school will be extended at 90 day intervals with supporting paperwork from the school, or extended for 12 months if studying at Government approved school with supporting papers. As said, when on extension of stay you would need to obtain a re-entry permit if leaving the country to keep your current permission to stay alive.

You paid for and obtained a single entry Non-Ed visa. That is normal within the region, as are then expected to extend permission to stay at Thai immigration. If studying at language school will be extended at 90 day intervals with supporting paperwork from the school, or extended for 12 months if studying at Government approved school with supporting papers. As said, when on extension of stay you would need to obtain a re-entry permit if leaving the country to keep your current permission to stay alive.

What thaiphoon says is 100% correct... Normal process for language school ED Visa is single entry visa and permit to stay every 90 days with supporting documents from your school. If you wish to depart Thailand and return during the period of the permit to stay, you will need a re-entry permit. There has been no mistake.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I read the thread and still have a doubt.

Example: I'm on a Single entry ED visa (Language school, so extension needed every 90 days). I have been in Thailand for 75 days since last extension, so 15 days left. I need to travel and stay out of the country for one month, so I would be back after the current extension has expired. I understand that I need a Reentry permit (1000 B.). But is that enough to get back and being granted 90 more days or do I have to get an extension AND a reentry permit (1900 + 1000 B.) before leaving the country, as I would be back after the current extension expires?

Hope I have been clear enough.

Cheers

Thanks Lopburi (nice place by the way, I remember a temple with monkeys). Very helpful.

I guess that multiple entry ED is better for me. The fact is that I cannot go back to Europe to get one and it seems to be pretty tough in Asia.

Cheers

Also, studying at language centers does not merit you a 1 year visa, It will allow for you to stay for 1 year, 3 months at a time. If you go to immigration and they decide to test you, you may not get your next extension if you don't meet their standards.

If you study at a University (full time) you will be able to apply for a 6 month and then a 1 year visa respectably if your grades and attendance are up to snuff.