Amorn Electronics

db1tau

I popped in a couple of weeks back and my gf told me they should be open 15th March, but i drove past yesterday and it didn't look like anything was happening! There are other branches at Carrefour and Big C but not with the same amount or variety of stock.

They did not go out of business. They are a large chain with locations in Bangkok.

Could someone clarify please...is the parts shop next to Icon Plaza closed or the repair center around the back? Or both??? Was just thinking of heading over there tomorrow to get some parts (that they don't have at the Carrefour location).

They did not go out of business. They are a large chain with locations in Bangkok.

Could someone clarify please...is the parts shop next to Icon Plaza closed or the repair center around the back? Or both??? Was just thinking of heading over there tomorrow to get some parts (that they don't have at the Carrefour location).

Large store by Icon is 'stocktaking' and renovating--repair centre at back still open and small temporary units open nearby--big shop reopening soon.

Is there an electronics parts store in Chiang Mai that has a better collection of discrete electronic components than Amorn? If so pass along directions. Would be nice to get things like diodes, ICs, relays, and other parts locally rather than ordering from RS or Future Lec ( http://www.futurlec.com/Components.shtml http://thailand.rs-online.com/web/ )

There is a shop behind Wat Pra SING where the road turn to a Y you hold right and in about 50m you se a antenna Tower thats Ham shop 1 and next to that you have the component shop not so much to look at but if you know what you want then you will be satisfied.

Then you have Kitty Electronics down in santi Tam on left side goig on merrim road on right the university just after the traffic light

Edited by SM7WGP

There is a shop behind Wat Pra SING where the road turn to a Y you hold right and in about 50m you se a antenna Tower thats Ham shop 1 and next to that you have the component shop not so much to look at but if you know what you want then you will be satisfied.

Then you have Kitty Electronics down in santi Tam on left side goig on merrim road on right the university just after the traffic light

Thanks for those suggestions. I'll go and check them out this coming week. I've tried to find Kitty Electronics before but was not in the area you mention.

Is there an electronics parts store in Chiang Mai that has a better collection of discrete electronic components than Amorn? If so pass along directions. Would be nice to get things like diodes, ICs, relays, and other parts locally rather than ordering from RS or Future Lec ( http://www.futurlec.com/Components.shtml http://thailand.rs-online.com/web/ )

A couple of friends used to buy that kind of stuff at shops on the right side of Chiang Moi Road in the long block before Warorot Market.

I would highly recommend Kitti Electronics on Chang Phuak road. They stock all of the usual parts such as resistors, capacitors, ICs and transistors. They also have some harder to find items. The staff is quite friendly and they speak pretty good English.

It is somewhat difficult to find, but worth the effort.

Going north from Chang Phuak gate, it is on the left side of Chang Phuak road on the corner the intersection of a soi. I don’t know the name of the soi but there is a sign for the lotus hotel, which is down the same soi. The entrance to the shop is on the soi. The soi is a little past the Thanin market.

When I first started to go there several years ago, I use to find the place by remembering to park at the second Kodak store on the left, after turning onto Chang Phuak from the moat road. I’m not sure that both of the Kodak shops are still there now.

If you still are having difficulty finding it, I will measure the distance from the gate. I will be away from CM for a while starting 3 March, so let me know soon.

Bill

• 4 weeks later...
I would highly recommend Kitti Electronics on Chang Phuak road. They stock all of the usual parts such as resistors, capacitors, ICs and transistors. They also have some harder to find items. The staff is quite friendly and they speak pretty good English.

It is somewhat difficult to find, but worth the effort.

Going north from Chang Phuak gate, it is on the left side of Chang Phuak road on the corner the intersection of a soi. I don’t know the name of the soi but there is a sign for the lotus hotel, which is down the same soi. The entrance to the shop is on the soi. The soi is a little past the Thanin market.

When I first started to go there several years ago, I use to find the place by remembering to park at the second Kodak store on the left, after turning onto Chang Phuak from the moat road. I’m not sure that both of the Kodak shops are still there now.

If you still are having difficulty finding it, I will measure the distance from the gate. I will be away from CM for a while starting 3 March, so let me know soon.

Bill

Bill,

ThaiVisa has always been such a helpful forum, but it is posts like yours and people like you that make it so. I found the store you mentioned, and it had everything I needed. Very impressive, and the displayed connectors really make things handy.

For anyone else looking for it, turn left of Chaung Puak Road so that the Novatel Hotel passes on your right. Then make THREE left turns. That puts you on a soi that bends to the right, and when it does, Kitty is on the right-hand side. It also has a cool model airplane and helicopter shop right next door.

GPS: N18 48.088 E098 59.017

On Google Maps, it is right on the letter "U" of Soi Phong Suwan:

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&hl=en&...004163&z=18

n18_48.088_e098_59.kmz