webfact

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

At least Thaksin should appreciate he and his family get a day in court.

He didn't allow any such deliberations, with or without legal counsel, for the hundreds who were summarily executed during the so-called 'drug wars' of recent years. Many, if not most, of those killed were not involved in drug dealing. T can dismiss deaths of innocents (as he's done when scores of young Muslim men have died while in government custody) by saying it wasn't him. Yet all those deaths happened while he was at the helm. Thaksin and his supporters are always bragging about what a 'hands on' 'take charge' CEO-type leader he is - an aware chief who always knows what his executives (generals, police chiefs, etc) are doing.

UPDATE

Court says coup order to appoint AEC legally sanctioned

Third legal issue is whether the coup announcement to form the AEC was legally sanctioned.

The high court ruled that the coup-issued law is classified as an equivalent to an act of Parliament, hence it is legally binding.

How democratic if a High Court rules that a coup-issued law is legal and equal to an act of Parliament..... :)

A Soap Opera it is.

LaoPo

How else could they cook the goose. A 76 billion baht goose i might add. Kangaroos and Goose. This is looking like the animal channel

Where's SRJ gone these days, btw? I miss his posts.

Many others, myself included, do also, as his imput was second to non, along with his equally hard working TNC contributor at the time, JD of course.

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

Its sure to be a fizzer people, the court decision will come and go and that will be it, except for more threats and properganda. :)

Isn't that a good thing?

I'm watching intently today but my greatest hope is that this is all a boring 'much ado about nothing' event.

Many questions to be asked about how Takskin managed to acquire so vast a wealth. Someone earlier made a comparison with the wealth acquired by great entrepreneurs such as Gates and Walton. With both of these you can see their contribution and how their luck, skill, vision or whatever brought them enormous wealth. With Taskin it is difficult to see how this was acquired especially as it all comes from the period when he was otherwise engaged - ie as a politician. Those few people here who make comments in support of him could do well to look no further than people like the Marcos, Shah of Iran, Idi Ami and so on. All gained huge wealth by manipulating national assets, manipulating the rule of law and so on. And all ignored the rights of others. Here we have a man and a family who were so greedy that they considered all their actions to be above the law. They have no shame, no face.

When people steal the wealth of a country in this way, they trample on the human rights of those people at the bottom of the greasy pole - yes those people who grow the rice, kill the chickens and do the work that enables the rest of us to eat and live. Is it really OK to acquire the wealth of a small nation while looking people in the eye and telling them that you are on their side? The poor of the villages - who support T because they once received 500 baht - do themselves a disservice by believing that the return of Thaksin, with his ill-gotten gains would equate to more riches (500b) and democracy. There is nothing more undemocratic than buying votes or ignoring the rule of law or running the nation as if it was your personal fiefdom.

Thaksin has performed a simple sleight of hand with a gullible population believing that the tricks were real - ie that Thanksin really cared about them. It is clear that all he cared about was himself and now he has - unbelievably - created the greatest con trick of all time by making people fight for 'his' wealth that he stole in the first place! Is this Robin Hood in reverse?

He has used every trick in the book to try to gain the hearts and minds of the population. Can you imagine a western politician saying some of the things that Thaksin has said? They would be too embarrased. But this man appears to have no shame at all. He really is the original snake oil salesman with no morals, no shame and, I must say, very little intellect.

I totally agree 100% with the comments made above.Well put ianf :D

Totally agree, no morals, no hesitation to manipulate the poor, deliberately give them false hood, despicable. The sooner people like this in Thailand are exposed for what they are the better.

UPDATE

Third legal issue is whether the coup announcement to form the AEC was legally sanctioned.

The high court ruled that the coup-issued law is classified as an equivalent to an act of Parliament, hence it is legally binding.

How democratic if a High Court rules that a coup-issued law is legal and equal to an act of Parliament..... :D

A Soap Opera it is.

LaoPo

Yes , well you would say that wouldnt you :D

Is the fat lady singing yet? :):D

members from all parties have been found to be involved in vote buying. Now post some proof about the pick up or it didn't happen. quite simple really. too many people posting hyperbole hoping to swing the discussion their way, how sad.

Now again: But the others did the same....No they did not....TRT did full scale vote buying. While the Democrats have an almost complete clean record. There were just minor issues like MP gave free cinema tickets for his own cinema, etc etc..

It was clearly TRT and PPP who bought the votes everywhere and not all are the same.

Please clarify "almost clean". Is that like "partly pregnant"?

That means the party did not do anything. But some of its members did something which is not in order.

Like above: Giving free cinema tickets (of the own cinema) for people who want to vote for him. No question it can be seen as vote buying.

But it is really nothing in compare with a full organized from top down vote buying with billions of Baht in cash.

Where's SRJ gone these days, btw? I miss his posts.

Many others, myself included, do also, as his imput was second to non, along with JD,s of course.

marshbags

Maybe we should plead for their clemency in the wake of what is about to happen!!

Reinstate them :)

UPDATE

How democratic if a High Court rules that a coup-issued law is legal and equal to an act of Parliament..... :D

A Soap Opera it is.

LaoPo

she is just warming herself up but she will be singing

UPDATE

How democratic if a High Court rules that a coup-issued law is legal and equal to an act of Parliament..... :)

A Soap Opera it is.

LaoPo

How else could they cook the goose. A 76 billion baht goose i might add. Kangaroos and Goose. This is looking like the animal channel

I had a pretty firm confidence in today's Court's ruling but when I read this "amazing" rule I'm not very optimistic anymore; far from it.

LaoPo

There's some crap speeled on this thread.

If a drug dealer gets caught, do they simply get taxed on the $10m found in off-shore accounts, or is the entire amount confiscated? Now there is a comparison for Taksin's wealth and that of his entire family, his dumb bitch daughter was working in McDs on a publicity stunt, so how come she can claim to have fairly earned her billions.

Lets see now...

Purchased loads of land around svanipumi at marsh land prices, and then resold it to his government at a vastly over-rated price, knowing all along it was gonna be the sight for the new airport.

Promised every poor villager, that they would have electric to their homes, fair-play he did it, investing millions of tax payers money to build the grid and supply the houses then he privatized it and guess who bought most of the shares, since then electric prices have quadrupled in 8yrs.

He's not the only one at this game they're all doing it, it's how the rich get rich in Thailand, but while you are prime-minister, your taking the pi$$, and his wealth has increased 6 fold since taking office, obviously he can account for a small portion, after all he was on a salary, but outside of this small portion, it is corrupt money and should be confiscated.

Are you all aware of the latest...

gasohol production is in the hands of the elite and wealthy, with their power, they wanted to ban all regular fuel from the forecourts, so everybody has buy gasohol, the car manufacturers were up in arms, saying that it's not good for their engines, the elite and wealthy tried to silence them with higher import taxes, when that didn't work, they stuck a levy on the normal benzine at the forecourt, so much that you now find some garages will no longer sell regular fuels. Gasohol produces no go power for your car, it's a joke it's like diluting the fuel, only you can't use water so they manufacture alcohol for the job, you will find with a 10% mixture, your car goes 10% slower, and instead of 10l per 100km, you'll find yourself burning 11l to go the same distance.

I read the first paragraph and then just gave up. If you don't understand the difference between and illegal enterprise and and perfectly leagal enterprise, SHim Corp. then I don't have time to read the rest of youor post.

Regards,

Which just about sums up Thaksin supporters. If they dont agree with what is said, or if something criticises their illustrious leader, then give it the big old X.

Its called playing with a stacked deck. A game that Thaksin perfected :D

:)

Of course the poster called Thaksin's daughter " a dumb bitch" does not to merit a rely, except his accusations are so way off the mark as to be lunatic.

The agency to buy land in the area where the new airport is located was set up over forty years ago. That is how long the plan has taken to bring the airport to fruition. If we are to believe the poster then a school boy Thaksin was running around Suvarnaphumi buying up marsh land instead of tending to his school studies in Chiang Mai.

Next the poster claims that Thaksin privatised EGAT. He didn't. It is and also has been a state enterprise. And what is so shocking about a SE using taxpayers funds to build a national electricity distribution grid. What we should find shocking is that it took until the premiership of Thaksin to extend the electricity grid out to the provinces. Perhaps now we can begin to understand why the poor of those regions have so much affection for Thaksin.

For the final delusion paragraph, the poster seems to be in such a highly agitated state of mind, it's really not worth commenting any further.

UPDATE

A Soap Opera it is.

LaoPo

A criminal court will only look at the law and not whether it is good or who instituted it as long as it was instituted by whoever was administerting the country at the time and wasnt subject top retroactive change. However, the question you ask could possibly be asked of the constittuional court although the constittuional court cannot technically overrule a final decison by the supreme crimianl court. There may be an avenue for asking the constituional court that question.

UPDATE

A Soap Opera it is.

LaoPo

1) to LaoPo: "How democratic if a High Court rules..." --- i'm sorry if i got this wrong, but imho issue of "democracy" has little merit in legal issues, won't you agree? it's more about "law"... at least that's what i, personally, assume na ;-)

2) to unclejunta: interesting to see date you joined. inspiring to read your comments. i guess, you don't approve with proceedings, right?

the latest, after 3 1/2 hours by now are: tulsathit: unanimous decision by the court _ the plaintiff's case is legitimate.

Friday, February 26, 2010 4:55:16 PM

UPDATE

A Soap Opera it is.

LaoPo

Much fun if you want to make all laws made by a coup illegal.....

I think half the European and American constitutions would be illegal and we would still have our absolute Monarchs.

I would like to remind everyone to the TV Forum Rules you all signed up for,

15) Not to use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

Please be careful with your comments, we dont want anyone getting into trouble over Contempt of court.

UPDATE

A Soap Opera it is.

LaoPo

she is just warming herself up but she will be singing

soon the singing beginns :D

I would like to remind everyone to the TV Forum Rules you all signed up for,
15) Not to use ThaiVisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, inaccurate, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. You also agree not to post negative comments criticizing the legal proceedings or judgments of any Thai court of law.

Please be careful with your comments, we dont want anyone getting into trouble over Contempt of court.

I thing you'll be very busy after the court tells the verdict.

Half of the posters will be upset.....The only question is which half....

Update:

.50pm: Judges begins to read the ruling by outlining the non-contested issues and the business ties between Thaksin and his family members.

First legal issue is whether the AEC has the mandate to probe Thaksin and seize the assets. The high court rules by an unanimous decision that the AEC was empowered to prosecute Thaksin.

Second legal issue is whether legal provisions can be applied to Thaksin in the wake of the coup and the suspension of the 1997 charter. The high court rules the suspended charter has not impacted on law enforcement.

Third legal issue is whether the coup announcement to form the AEC was legally sanctioned. The high court rules that the coup-issued law is classified as an equivalent to an act of Parliament, hence it is legally binding.

Fourth legal issue is whether the AEC violates the statutory of limitations. The high court rules that the AEC complete its job within the deadline.

On the fifth legal issue, the high court rules to endorse steps taken by the AEC and the NACC to conduct the inquiry, notify charges, review defence rebuttals and freeze assets.

On the seventh legal issue, the high court rules to endorse appointments in the AEC, the NACC and in relevant investigative panels.

On the ninth legal issue, the high court strikes down the defence argument related to biased opinions of three graft busters, Klanarong Chantik, Banjerd Singkhaneti and Kaewsan Atibhodi.

On the tenth legal issue, the high court dismisses the defence argument that the prosecution omits to prove criminal wrongdoing before asking for the asset seizure. At issue is the civil litigation on whether or not the accused amass unusual or illegal wealth due to his office. This is not a litigation about criminal wrongdoing.

The judges rules in the unanimous decision that the prosecution is just and has followed legally-sanctioned steps.

At 5.00 pm: The judges proceed to rule on the followings:

- By an unanimous decision, the prosecution is unclear on the extent of unusual wealth and how it is linked to abuse of office

Well, half the screen names will be upset, not necessarily half the posters.

members from all parties have been found to be involved in vote buying. Now post some proof about the pick up or it didn't happen. quite simple really. too many people posting hyperbole hoping to swing the discussion their way, how sad.

Now again: But the others did the same....No they did not....TRT did full scale vote buying. While the Democrats have an almost complete clean record. There were just minor issues like MP gave free cinema tickets for his own cinema, etc etc..

It was clearly TRT and PPP who bought the votes everywhere and not all are the same.

Please clarify "almost clean". Is that like "partly pregnant"?

That means the party did not do anything. But some of its members did something which is not in order.

Like above: Giving free cinema tickets (of the own cinema) for people who want to vote for him. No question it can be seen as vote buying.

But it is really nothing in compare with a full organized from top down vote buying with billions of Baht in cash.

That is what my wife said also...no vote buying in her village by the Democrats. TRT/PPP was throwing it around big time.

plaintiff arguement legitimate - unanimous decision by court

anyone see any credibility problems when hearing several 5 stang splits in a ruling involving 76 Billion baht.

Unbelieveable!

no, they simply can't tell "never mind the small money"

hmm I don't understand....but my english is not perfect.

hmm I don't understand....but my english is not perfect.

I think he is suggesting that some people are using more than one nic, I think.

ha ha ha. always wondered about about that meself.

By an unanimous decision, the Supreme Court ruled that the prosecution against former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatrat is unclear on the extent of unusual wealth and how it is linked to abuse of office.

The Nation

LaoPo