Check Your Date Stamps

just a reminder to all, make sure your departure date matches up with the actual time you are gonna be here.

I just arrived wednesday, didn't bother with a visa, just a 30 day on arrival, didn't check passport, perusing it here in KK found it was one day short(29 days) so now have to get it fixed at Nakhon Panhom ( lucky we are going there anyway).

b4 anyone else says it, I SHOULD KNOW BETTER :o

Wonder how many other people are in the same boat as you bronco as they normally have one date stamp set up all day long for 30 day entries and one for 60 day tourist etc.............saves them changing the stamp fron one person to the next.

I entered thru the Thai nationals gate with the Strife, the immigration guy wouldn't have been using a stamp so that might explain the mistake.

A mate of mine was questioned about overstay because the year was wrong (1 year earlier), but he simply pointed out his most recent entry date, end of story.

Guess, over the years had it all. Got 30 days although re-entry left 10 months.

This one I pointed out and got a "Sorry, Visa...."

Somme adjust the date stamp, some just put the date in by hand.

The best, and I did not realize, date stamp til 31st, although my re-entry expires 13th.

Half year and a couple of more trips in and out, immigration called, had to bring in the p/port to correct the old stamp. :o (They found out while checking photocopies for annual extention of stay.

I entered thru the Thai nationals gate with the Strife, the immigration guy wouldn't have been using a stamp so that might explain the mistake.

A mate of mine was questioned about overstay because the year was wrong (1 year earlier), but he simply pointed out his most recent entry date, end of story.

It isn't a mistake I never get a full 30 days on visa runs to Poipet, must be the policy of immigration.

That would explain it............fairly sure they will check and double check the date stamps before using them at "foreign" passport control.