Dowel Rod!

eek

Yeh im back again with another mundane "where can i find.." thread... :)

Need to get really long lengths of dowel rod cut to size. (19mm diameter). Before i end up doing another round of DIY places and find they dont have what im looking for..does anyone know where i can go and get some cheap dowel rod long lengths (that i can either buy as is, and cut myself, or have cut to size)? Just looking for basic wood rods (kind used for things like broom handles).

Thanks again!

There are many places that sell wood dowel rods but whether or not they have "really long lengths" is impossible to say. Why not be a little more specific about length? Is 19 mm really required or could you use 20? 19 is very unstandard and you are unlikely to find it in a store.

Thanks guys.

Why not be a little more specific about length? .

375cm is the longest length I need, but if not possible, i can joint the lengths.

Actually, to my knowledge 19mm is a standard..

Shop on South side of Super Highway about half way between Lotus and the Road to Mae Rim had 2 meter lengths, maybe some longer. Going from Lotus, you pass a row of tall shop houses, then come to it after a bit , a single story building, set back from the road a little as I recall (near a Volvo Dealer?). They sell hardware and things for homes, the only store in that stretch of road that does.