Complete Health Check-up In Bangkok?

mortti

Here's a good comparison website:

http://www.thaiwebsites.com/medical-check-ups.asp

After studying this as well as options in Malaysia and Singapore, the winner for me was... Singapore. They had a promotion for Sin$190 (from Sin$300).

www.healthscreening.sg

That's an agent website and it doesn't point to the hospital that's associated with it, apart from some obscure places on Orchard Road and similar! Be very careful with this. I don't have a bone to pick about choice of hospitals/location but for me personally, I do want to know about the facility and the credentials of the doctors involved. If you are serious about this, compare what you see between the two web sites, if it helps. I've had medical exams and one major heart procedure done at Bumrungrad so I do speak with first hand knowledge of the facility.

Both Samitivej and Bumrungrad have multiple levels of annual health check, to which you can add any test you want. Contact the Wellness centres:

http://www.samitivejhospitals.com/MedicalS...edServiceId=163

http://www.bumrungrad.com/package/health-s...nter/index.aspx

I've found them both to be good. Not cheap, though. Bumrungrad is within walking distance of Ploenchit BTS station, so it's busier than Samitivej.

Many thanks camarata for the link to Bumrungrad.

A couple of years ago, I was on my way to Bangkok airport to fly home to the Middle East and was taken to Bumrungrad with Kidney stones (extremely painful).

They sorted it out without any cuts (keyhole surgery).

The facilities in the room were excllent - ensuite bathroom, cable TV, fridge and a sofa so my Thai wife to stay in room with me (rather than having to stay in and pay for a cetral Bangkok hotel room)

Cost for the the overall deal was significantly less than I would have paid for similar service back home.

Excellent service - I'd recommend them any day, to anyone

Rgds

NT

I recently did the most thorough version of Bumrungrad's complete physicals. Very thorough and relatively efficient...although it does pretty much take up the whole day. A good test for me was that they discovered something I already knew about that would not be expected to be caught in a general physical. I got a very thorough report via email shortly afterward, and that was after an in-person debriefing that I felt was quite good.

I would go to Bumrungrad as i have done before.

Excellent service.

Don't go to Malaysia as they only want to practice on you.

I had an unknown hepatitis, the Malaysian doctors wanted to give me a liver transplant.

Do i flew to BKK and went to Bumrungrad where they treated me with a special diet for 2 years.

Still got the same liver 10 years on .

Many thanks for the replies. It looks like I will be heading to Bumrungrad (although i doubt the reason they are popular is not the proximity to BTS :) ). I very much liked to see beforehand what the tests include (unlike Samitivej) plus people seemed to like the service they had been getting which is the biggest compliment a hospital can get i guess.

Here's a good comparison website:

http://www.thaiwebsites.com/medical-check-ups.asp

After studying this as well as options in Malaysia and Singapore, the winner for me was... Singapore. They had a promotion for Sin$190 (from Sin$300).

www.healthscreening.sg

That's an agent website and it doesn't point to the hospital that's associated with it, apart from some obscure places on Orchard Road and similar! Be very careful with this. I don't have a bone to pick about choice of hospitals/location but for me personally, I do want to know about the facility and the credentials of the doctors involved. If you are serious about this, compare what you see between the two web sites, if it helps. I've had medical exams and one major heart procedure done at Bumrungrad so I do speak with first hand knowledge of the facility.

I do not get your reply at all. It is a comparison website with links to the actual hospital websites where you can compare prices and what's included. Careful about comparing? Sorry, you lost me and I believe you were/are mistaken and didn't really look. But cést la vie on TV :) with some of the replies you get here.