Will Thaksin Get Home Detention

OZEMADE

For all his wailing about not wanting to die in a foreign country, Thaksin won't come back to Thailand unless/until his buddies are in power and can keep him WELL away from nasty horrid places where poor people are sent if they are very bad. Of course, that doesn't preclude some overzealous? yellowshirt sending him for a premature meeting with his Maker.

For all his wailing about not wanting to die in a foreign country, Thaksin won't come back to Thailand unless/until his buddies are in power and can keep him WELL away from nasty horrid places where poor people are sent if they are very bad. Of course, that doesn't preclude some overzealous? yellowshirt sending him for a premature meeting with his Maker.

PM Abhisit announced a re-investigation in the war on drugs. The ministry of interior confirmed that most cases are true.

Now remember, Thaksin's from Chiangmai. Until 40/50 years ago, opium houses on every corner were a common sight, almost legal. He should have known better in how to act. This will be going to be the real issue against him. He could have called for an investigation himself, but didn't. Why? To protect some of his family members in certain forces or even worse, in the business?

^Sounds like what is happening right now with the current govt. :)

Good comeback. However, the comparison to Stalin was the difference. Look at the history. Look what he did to his own people. Look at Thaksin's record in that regard compared to Abhisit. Anyone who looks at that objectively will come to the conclusion that Thaksin is the much more dangerous leader. Court cases are one thing. Mass "disappearances" are another.

Edited by Jingthing

I don’t think he will ever come back to server time. He is too arrogant to make a deal with the present Thai government. But he does may be possible for him to make a good deal. But his political life is over for sure.

I do not think he will see any seized money proton still belong to him

^Abhisit isnt running the govt, and I think you know this. :D
^Abhisit is running the govt, and I think you know this. :D

:-) and Brit is still stuck with one liners trying to stir the pot ......

So IS he or ISN'T Abhisit running the government, Brit ? :)

^Sounds like what is happening right now with the current govt. :D

Good comeback. However, the comparison to Stalin was the difference. Look at the history. Look what he did to his own people. Look at Thaksin's record in that regard compared to Abhisit. Anyone who looks at that objectively will come to the conclusion that Thaksin is the much more dangerous leader. Court cases are one thing. Mass "disappearances" are another.

Stai murdered five million people in just one of his purges. Where exactly is the comparison? By the way, i am not a Thaksin supporter either :)

Stai murdered five million people in just one of his purges. Where exactly is the comparison? By the way, i am not a Thaksin supporter either :)

My points in comparing them are about this --

-- Thaksin is angry. He feels wronged. Many feel he is now clinically insane.

-- While in power, Thaksin was tied to thousands of extra-judicial killings

-- His red shirt supporters have a documented history of violent thuggery, including murders

-- If he regains power, it is logical to assume he will seek rough revenge

The revolutionary Thaksin if that horrible day ever occurs will clearly be much more toxic than the Thaksin before the fall. The powers that be are correct to do everything they can to prevent such an unstable totalitarian man to gain power again. Way too dangerous.

post-37101-1267333421_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jingthing

My points in comparing them are about this --

-- Thaksin is angry. He feels wronged. Many feel he is now clinically insane.

-- While in power, Thaksin was tied to thousands of extra-judicial killings

-- His red shirt supporters have a documented history of violent thuggery, including murders

-- If he regains power, it is logical to assume he will seek rough revenge

The revolutionary Thaksin if that horrible day ever occurs will clearly be much more toxic than the Thaksin before the fall. The powers that be are correct to do everything they can to prevent such an unstable totalitarian man to gain power again. Way too dangerous.

post-37101-1267333421_thumb.jpg

Good post and i agree :D

I think he should be jailed to prove the government is cleaner now. A crime is a crime.

Nothing personal but anyone using power to make personal and monetary gains is a betrayer to the country. 65 billion baht !! Now how much will that be per citizen ? Wonder if there is anymore hidden elsewhere.

Now, don't tell me how much he did for the country. That was his job.

^Abhisit isnt running the govt, and I think you know this. :D
^Abhisit is running the govt, and I think you know this. :D

:-) and Brit is still stuck with one liners trying to stir the pot ......

So IS he or ISN'T Abhisit running the government, Brit ? :)

Allow me to sit in the middle: He's running the government. The issue may be though that the government (or parliament) isn't running the country. They're allowed to take care of the day-to-day.

All they need is a new big majority in the house, and then change the constitution (again), and woila he can come home.

But Mr. T is always ready to make a deal, and turn around.

No more politics for me he once said.

I will resepect whatever decision the court come to he said the other day.

He was never willing to make any deal, but now he might be willing.

Of course the stunt by getting a job in Cambodia was not the best he has made, so he might have pissd off a few more than he expected.

All they need is a new big majority in the house, and then change the constitution (again), and woila he can come home.

But Mr. T is always ready to make a deal, and turn around.

No more politics for me he once said.

I will resepect whatever decision the court come to he said the other day.

He was never willing to make any deal, but now he might be willing.

Of course the stunt by getting a job in Cambodia was not the best he has made, so he might have pissd off a few more than he expected.

His supporters are are EITHER really stupid to think that they can get a share of his wealth or have minds like him in betraying the country.