His Majesty The King Leaves Siriraj Hospital

webfact

His Majesty the King Leaves Siriraj Hospital

BANGKOK: -- His Majesty the King of Thailand has left Siriraj Hospital after months of hospitalization for lung infection.

He's now returned to the Chitralada Palace.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-02-27

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Ailing Thai king leaves hospital for palace visit: police

BANGKOK: (AFP) -- Thailand's revered king left hospital on Saturday and travelled to his palace in Bangkok, police told AFP, with media reports saying he was attending a private function.

National radio said King Bhumibol Adulyadej was attending a private function at the palace, indicating he might return to the hospital later in the evening.

A police spokesman confirmed the king was at Chitralada Palace on Saturday evening but said he did not know how long the monarch would stay there.

No source could be immediately reached at the palace to comment.

The 82-year-old king, the world's longest reigning monarch and regarded as a demi-god by many Thais, has been in hospital for more than five months.

Television footage showed the king, wearing a pink shirt, on his wheelchair viewing the Chao Praya river in front of the Siriraj hospital, paying homage to a statue of Buddha.

He was then seen being driven to the palace in a motorcade.

The king has been a stabilising force during his six politically turbulent decades on the throne but Thailand has been rocked by years of rival political protests that have sometimes turned violent.

King Bhumibol was admitted to Bangkok's Siriraj hospital on September 19 with a lung infection and fever. He has appeared in public several times since then.

afplogo.jpg

-- ©Copyright AFP 2010-08-27

Published with written approval from AFP.

gallery_327_1086_47469.jpg

HIS MAJESTY THE KING, wearing pink and accompanied by his pet dog Tongdaeng, returns to Chitralada Palace yesterday.

His Majesty was admitted to Siriraj Hospital with a high fever and inflamed lungs five months ago.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-02-28

UPDATE:

Thai king back in hospital after palace visit: official

BANGKOK (AFP) - Thailand's revered king returned to hospital early Sunday after a brief outing to his Bangkok palace, one of few appearances in public since being admitted five months ago, a hospital official said.

King Bhumibol Adulyadej, the world's longest-reigning monarch and regarded as a demi-god by many Thais, attended a private function at his Chitralada Palace on Saturday night, local media reported.

Television footage showed the king, wearing a pink shirt, in his wheelchair viewing the river in front of the Siriraj hospital in Bangkok, paying homage to a statue of Buddha and being driven to the palace in a motorcade.

"His Majesty went back to the hospital at 1:00 am," a hospital official said on condition of anonymity.

The 82-year-old monarch has been a stabilising force during six politically turbulent decades on the throne, but Thailand has been rocked by four years of rival political protests that have sometimes turned violent.

King Bhumibol was admitted to Siriraj hospital on September 19 with a lung infection and fever. He has appeared in public several times since then.

afplogo.jpg

-- ©Copyright AFP 2010-02-28

Published with written approval from AFP.

Long may HM live.

1am back to the room!!! There is some stamina in the the man yet. :)

Looking at the photo, I predict a new fashion trend of shirt colour. If your terak works in a clothing factory, I would not plan on seeing her for a week or so while they crank up the new royal colour shirt.

Looking at the photo, I predict a new fashion trend of shirt colour. If your terak works in a clothing factory, I would not plan on seeing her for a week or so while they crank up the new royal colour shirt.

Not a new trend, been going for a while, inspired by HM some time ago. My girlfriend has bought me almost exclusively pink shirts over the last year, and in copious amounts! So many pink shirts I can't count them. But she is so very pleased when I wear them, what's a guy to do but don pink and be proud.

On a serious note, I really hope HM is getting better, I'd be very happy to see him out of the hospital more often.

:)

accompanied by his pet dog Tongdaeng

No matter how a political scenario evolves, no matter how aggravating events may be, Tongdaeng remains a reliable and steady friend.

You gotta love that aspect of the story.

I saw them both on TV Loved the fact that he took his dog with him! :D

It is not  only the Thai people, but the whole world that loves and deeply respects The  King:

We, being  foreign residents in the Kingdom of Thailand,

Have the  honour to be, by Your Majesty's leave,

His most  humble obliged and obedient subjects, by adoption.

We wish to convey to Your Majesty, our profound, heartfelt and loyal greetings

And our  most fervent prayers for Your Majesty's complete recovery to good health

We pledge  our loyalty, our love and our devotion in the service of our most beloved King.

We are Your Majesty's  liege men of life and limb.

GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS KING.

Long may HM live.

I believed that the colour yellow for shirts was directly related to the official birth day of the week - ie the day HM is said to have been born.

//deleted by Admin// HM has chosen to promote the colour pink in future. Which day of the week corresponds to pink?

Long may HM live.

I believed that the colour yellow for shirts was directly related to the official birth day of the week - ie the day HM is said to have been born.

//deleted by Admin// HM has chosen to promote the colour pink in future. Which day of the week corresponds to pink?

I read this somewhere:-

Sunday - red

Monday - cream/yellow

Tuesday - pink

Wednesday - green

Thursday - orange/brown

Friday - blue

Saturday - black/purple