Where To Buy Ram Memory For Laptops In Phuket?

FalangBaa

Anyone know of a place that sells cheap but good-quality 2 GB RAM chips suitable for a new HP laptop?

Just bought one on a trip to Seoul last month, but it turns out the 2 GB of installed RAM isn't enough. It's a little sluggish at times running Windows 7, and I also have one very large Access database that I just can't open. It gives the error "Not enough storage to process this command." I checked that out online, and it's due to a RAM shortage. I have one of my memory slots free, in case someone was going to mention that.

I was thinking maybe the Central Festival mall or somewhere in Phuket City? Already checked out Jungceylon briefly and didn't find anywhere suitable there, but I may have missed it.

Appreciate any pointers! Sure there must be somewhere! As long as I don't have to pay 50% TGT (Tourist Greed Tax) like in most places in Phuket!

RAM prices don't seem to vary too much whether it is at Banana, Big C, IT City or Supercheap so just grab it where it is most convenient for you.

I agree, just buy it wherever you can, insuring you get the right type.

Personally once I had the 4GB of RAM installed I would then install 64 Bit windows if it isnt already....

RAM prices don't seem to vary too much whether it is at Banana, Big C, IT City or Supercheap so just grab it where it is most convenient for you.

I agree, just buy it wherever you can, insuring you get the right type.

Personally once I had the 4GB of RAM installed I would then install 64 Bit windows if it isnt already....

Yes, good idea, as getting anything more than 4GB RAM is wasted unless you switch to 64bit.

Edited by Valentine